2015/16 NKY Boys BBall 6th, 7th, & 8th

TNT-MB1

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who won small division 8th?

Bracken County beat Newport for the 8th.

Bracken is very disciplined and have a very good post player as well as two great shooters.

They also are very well coached-

I'd imagine he slowed Newport down like RA did in the semis but this time Bracken came out on top...

The two divisions have definitely helped programs like Beechwood, Jones & Newport. Makes them more competitatve at all levels. And is needed due to enrollment differences.

Beechwood had a hell of a season at all 3 levels. 8th grade Beechwood Didn't have an in conference loss going in. Went 19-0

Newport and RA went 16-3 each. Bracken 14-5 & Tichenor 12-7. Sharp and Campbell B - I think we're 10-9 each.

Hopefully both divisions can add more schools in the future- Walton, Silver Grove, BSAC etc.

The competition is good for development leading to high school basketball.

Did you really say that? Is it tongue in cheek?

IMO Beedchwood is becoming the Highlands of HS basketball - they seem to have 2-3 difference makers/year from out-of-district on their roster. Whether they recruit or not (did Highlands?) is semantics unless you've got KHSAA on speed dial. They improve their talent base by getting kids from outside Fort Mitchell.

Pete - you might know better than me - are there other districts (not parochial) that get more than they give up w/regards to attracting talent? I could see WV starting to pull some kids from Ryle/SK - maybe.

Someone told me that Highlands now has room for out-of-district kids to pay/attend. I'd be surprise if there weren't some local names being mentioned for HHS football.

With respect to the HMS 7th, no doubt they are fast and skilled with high basketball IQ's. I saw them play quite a few times as 6th graders, and they blew everyone out, including in the regional finals last year (playing everyone). Have other teams closed the gap on them (a close win in the semis and a loss in the finals), or have others just learned how to exploit the drop in talent after their first 5 or 6? Seems like that is what happened in the championship game.

With respect to the HMS 7th, no doubt they are fast and skilled with high basketball IQ's. I saw them play quite a few times as 6th graders, and they blew everyone out, including in the regional finals last year (playing everyone). Have other teams closed the gap on them (a close win in the semis and a loss in the finals), or have others just learned how to exploit the drop in talent after their first 5 or 6? Seems like that is what happened in the championship game.

Yesterday - Woodland's best players out-played Highlands' best players. Woodland also had 2 kids who could match up physically with HMS underneath, so HMS, who did not shoot well, didn't get second-chance points

#2 and #11 for Woodland were just unbeatable. I could see how Highlands would dominate 7th grade teams. They ran into a very focused, good team yesterday.

Did you really say that? Is it tongue in cheek?

Beechwood & Highlands don't need to recruit anyone. Their academic and athletic programs over the years speak for themselves. Parents aren't stupid! They both are Independent School Districts and if you aren't catholic why wouldn't you want the best for your kids.. It gets old with all of the whining all the time about this stuff.

Someone shared with me some numbers on HMS 7th grade this year: averaged 47 points a game this year. gave up on average 30.5. That's with crossing the river and looking for top teams and beating them like: Guardian Angles, St Jude and All Saints.

They gave up 59 to Woodland Saturday. The most given up all year, 48 to IHM Cincy. Safe to say: Woodland shot really well. Hats off to them.

Someone shared with me some numbers on HMS 7th grade this year: averaged 47 points a game this year. gave up on average 30.5. That's with crossing the river and looking for top teams and beating them like: Guardian Angles, St Jude and All Saints.

They gave up 59 to Woodland Saturday. The most given up all year, 48 to IHM Cincy. Safe to say: Woodland shot really well. Hats off to them.

That's is an impressive offensive avg for playing four 6 min quarters. They matched the same scoring avg as the Varsity at 47 ppg.