2015/16 NKY Boys BBall 6th, 7th, & 8th

TNT-MB1

That's is an impressive offensive avg for playing four 6 min quarters. They matched the same scoring avg as the Varsity at 47 ppg.

Between the two HHS teams I saw Saturday Barth was the best as far as projecting down the road.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zac is an excellent athlete and he has a dad who knows the game and how to teach it. Makes for a good combination developmentally.

You can tell he has been taught well. Looks completely different than other players on the court. Best Highlands guard I saw between 6th and 7th grades.

Re: Mayer

I lean more towards Don't Hate than ABBP. You don't see a lot of kids who are 6'2ish in 8th grade with his build, athletic ability, and ball skills. Plus he's got some fire in him.

I'll be shocked if he ever dresses for a frosh game. You could put him in a varsity game today and get some decent minutes out of him. He's a 4 maybe a 5 at the high school level but , again, ball skills make him a challenge to guard.

CCH is blessed with some nice young 4s and 5s. They all have their strengths. I'm one of the bigger Coldiron fans and think he can be a post player due to his strength and toughness. Mayer has more ball skills than Coldiron and would be a nice compliment. You can't compare him to Davin and Fleek. They're 3s. He's physically stronger than both today though.'

Thelen is longer and more athletic but not as skilled. Two different players right now. Can play both together.

I say this without ever having the chance to see Green. He may be just as good. No clue. Add in Green and Jones coming in next year and you've got 3 BIGs who can go.

The depth at CCH is amazing right now.

Totally agree. Unless there is some kind of policy change next year at CCH, highly unlikely Mayer ever plays Frosh. IMO, would have been top or 2nd leading scorer on this years freshman team & I guarantee he would have been leading rebounder. At this stage (8th grade), as an overall player, he is ahead of the two previous Pius bigs (brother AJ and Thelen). Doesn't necessarily mean that translates to HS ball, but I'm betting it does. I look forward to him playing next to his brother . . . good luck anyone else getting a rebound.

Congrats to Pius and Camp Ernst for an enjoyable 8th grade championship game. Both good (well coached) teams.

Pius kids (namely Sommerkamp) stepped up big when both team's leading scorer's (Mayer / Centers) had to sit due to foul trouble.

Good job by the referees. Although the same ref seemed to make most of the foul calls, they appeared legit.

Zac is an excellent athlete and he has a dad who knows the game and how to teach it. Makes for a good combination developmentally.

My son trains with Trevor, Zac and the rest of the Gametime AAU team every week. Trevor does a great job teaching them!

Congrats to Pius and Camp Ernst for an enjoyable 8th grade championship game. Both good (well coached) teams.

Pius kids (namely Sommerkamp) stepped up big when both team's leading scorer's (Mayer / Centers) had to sit due to foul trouble.

Good job by the referees. Although the same ref seemed to make most of the foul calls, they appeared legit.

I agree with u Mayer doesn't step foot in a freshman game. Hands down the most talented big man in nky 8th grade

Me personally thought a couple of the fouls on Mayer were pretty ticky tack but the same went for centers but over all it was a well officiated game. Mayer is gonna be fun to watch play in high school I'm looking forward to it.

I agree with u Mayer doesn't step foot in a freshman game. Hands down the most talented big man in nky 8th grade

Me personally thought a couple of the fouls on Mayer were pretty ticky tack but the same went for centers but over all it was a well officiated game. Mayer is gonna be fun to watch play in high school I'm looking forward to it.

How tall is he?