2015/16 NKY Boys BBall 6th, 7th, & 8th

TNT-MB1

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest you are quick with stat lines. I will add very talented group can't wait to see them in action! Each there own but I believe for example one NCC poster goes dark; Son has a breakout year the boys play does all the talking. Those familiar with the program knows what all is in the pipeline but a few require a lot more recognition.

Not sure I follow your post. What are you trying to say?

Not being able to get to any games this year for various reasons, but do they try and feed the post on a consistent basis or do they play more from the outside/in?

They don't rely on the outside shooting as much. We try to play fast and play good D to create points off turnovers. Lots of motion, dribble-drive, pick and roll/pop stuff IMO.

Edited by BCHS-BLUEBIRD
double wording

The 7th grade game was dominated by IHM's two bigs. They are fantastic, talented basketball players - (sorry don't know names). They have handle, size, shooting - everything - and totally dominated Highlands for 3 quarters. They will be AWESOME high school basketball players. Highlands 7th grade team is special in that they have a handful of kids that can score - at any time from anywhere. Highlands has NOT pressured full court - for a few games now- and forcing an up tempo game is their go to bread/butter. That did NOT happen last night, until the last quarter of the game. They also have a few athletes that can get into foul trouble if pressing full court entire game - and this has to be a consideration as well for coach NOT to pressure full court always. But they were forced to for fourth quarter and the Birds starting hitting 3's and stealing the ball and converting layups attacking the rim. Interesting stat of the game - I believe it was final score of like 41 to 40. Well the birds scored 20 points - half this - in last 3 minutes. #51 for Birds scored most of his points (& steals) for the game during this stretch - so a few of the birds just simply got hot. It's a shame IHM had to lose that - they played magnificently and are a class act - and those 2 bigs - watch them in next five years - wow. Kudos to Birds - those kids and players just don't quit and wow can they fill it up when they need to.

Great games Small division 8th grade at Sharp-

Newport 30

Jones 29

Newport got out to a 9-2 lead RA fought back... With 10 seconds had a chance for the win but Newport played a great game and Jones missed a shot or two at the buzzer....

Not sure of final score but Bracken beat Beechwood.

Not what I expected but 4 great teams 2 great games-

Newport vs Bracken County

Small division 8th grade championship

Saturday @ Sharp 7:30pm?

Newport coach does a great job with his kids, very active and encouring but also an appropriate disciplinarian. Newport has a few kids that can play and if they will be coachable will be nice at the next level.

Bracken plays hard, has good guard play and a couple big kids that will benefit greatly from summer ball.

I expect this game to be speed / chaos versus discipline / execution.

Good luck to both teams.

The 7th grade game was dominated by IHM's two bigs. They are fantastic, talented basketball players - (sorry don't know names). They have handle, size, shooting - everything - and totally dominated Highlands for 3 quarters. They will be AWESOME high school basketball players. Highlands 7th grade team is special in that they have a handful of kids that can score - at any time from anywhere. Highlands has NOT pressured full court - for a few games now- and forcing an up tempo game is their go to bread/butter. That did NOT happen last night, until the last quarter of the game. They also have a few athletes that can get into foul trouble if pressing full court entire game - and this has to be a consideration as well for coach NOT to pressure full court always. But they were forced to for fourth quarter and the Birds starting hitting 3's and stealing the ball and converting layups attacking the rim. Interesting stat of the game - I believe it was final score of like 41 to 40. Well the birds scored 20 points - half this - in last 3 minutes. #51 for Birds scored most of his points (& steals) for the game during this stretch - so a few of the birds just simply got hot. It's a shame IHM had to lose that - they played magnificently and are a class act - and those 2 bigs - watch them in next five years - wow. Kudos to Birds - those kids and players just don't quit and wow can they fill it up when they need to.

Jude Bessler and Wyatt Veith

All of the above. We only had 25 pts the whole game. I would say we shot 15-20% from 3, maybe made 30-40% from the stripe, and couldn't score in the paint. We had maybe 10 pts the whole game in the paint(that includes run out layups). I credit there coaching for putting a plan together that shut us down. We couldn't hit the ocean from the beach. I'm talking lay-ups, jumpers, 3's, it didn't matter what it was. I don't think there is one facet of that game that we did good last night, from the guards to centers to the coaching. It was a rough night for the Birds.

No excuses...We win as a team and lose as a team. Bottom line, we didn't get it done. Kuddos to the CEMS boys for going and taking that win. Good luck to them in the finals!

Still proud of our boys and the season they put together. Finished with a record around 21-3 for the year.

This group, for some reason, can go dry like no other in games. Shots literally just won't fall, be they layups, putbacks, 3s. Having not seen a game this year, I recognize it from the past two years. It is just bad luck really. 3 years in a row it has come at the worst time. Hopefully they get over the hump next year during the Freshman Regional.

St. Henry will have a very good class when that 7th grade team makes it to HS. Plus they will have Tyler Kaiser who is one of the better players in that grade.

I know they can choose where to go to high school but isn't there typical feeder schools for them or does it not work like that in the Catholic schools?