2015/16 NKY Boys BBall 6th, 7th, & 8th

TNT-MB1

Woodland won 7th boys over Highlands. Won by about 12.

Neace was hard to stop for Woodland.

Nice job by Coach Tyler Kiefer. 1st year as head coach, also was an assistant with Woodland's football team that won the championship. Lots of talent in this 7th grade class.

Any chance Neace goes to Scott?? Or will he follow his sister to SK??

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grant Proffitt had 2 more points than Kelly. That win was a team effort 100%. Those boys went out there to prove the naysayers wrong about their previous win over HMS. "HMS just had a off game" or "the head coach wasn't there" as to why HMS lost the first time. In today's win:

Grant Proffitt 18pts 4reb

Kelly Niece 16pts 4reb

Reed Carmony 9pts 4or5reb

Nick Brown 7pts 9reb

This makes the second straight game between the 2 teams that HMS did not lead for 1 second, tied for for less than a minute total. Brown, Niece and Profitt played 24 minutes of that game. HMS did give it their all it just wasn't enough.

Grant Proffitt had 2 more points than Kelly. That win was a team effort 100%. Those boys went out there to prove the naysayers wrong about their previous win over HMS. "HMS just had a off game" or "the head coach wasn't there" as to why HMS lost the first time. In today's win:

Kelly Niece 16pts 4reb

Nick Brown 7pts 9reb

This makes the second straight game between the 2 teams that HMS did not lead for 1 second, tied for for less than a minute total. Brown, Niece and Profitt played 24 minutes of that game. HMS did give it their all it just wasn't enough.

Congrats on the win. Also congrats to the group from Highlands going 52 -2 over 2 seasons. Woodland being their only 2 losses I believe.

Regarding 7th grade boys HMS vs. Woodland CHAMPIONSHIP GAME.

Woodland Neace - amazing. Congrats - love that game..

Highlands coach - tie game to start 2nd quarter - sends in 5 new players to start 2nd quarter. The 2nd unit? On this stage? And get this - these kids - haven't played ALL YEAR.

Again- these players - wonderful athletes - have not played the entire season - for the most part. K - it's a championship game - how fair is that to these athletes?

I don't care what grade - i care about the athlete.

Sooo - credit to these highlands 7th grade 2nd unit now entering the championship stage - they hung for a while - and came out with a couple minutes to play before half - DOWN 7. Insert athlete starters - been sitting for 15 minutes. Get it goin boys...

Coach Listermann - or whomever - you are the campus hoops program for the time being - enough about football - this has nothing to do w/football - it's an extracurricular sport - get vested in the young kid hoopsters (middle school) coming up - or the best athletes will absolutely - opt out of this NONSENSE. Please. Thank you.

Regarding 7th grade boys HMS vs. Woodland CHAMPIONSHIP GAME.

Woodland Neace - amazing. Congrats - love that game..

Highlands coach - tie game to start 2nd quarter - sends in 5 new players to start 2nd quarter. The 2nd unit? On this stage? And get this - these kids - haven't played ALL YEAR.

Again- these players - wonderful athletes - have not played the entire season - for the most part. K - it's a championship game - how fair is that to these athletes?

I don't care what grade - i care about the athlete.

Sooo - credit to these highlands 7th grade 2nd unit now entering the championship stage - they hung for a while - and came out with a couple minutes to play before half - DOWN 7. Insert athlete starters - been sitting for 15 minutes. Get it goin boys...

Coach Listermann - or whomever - you are the campus hoops program for the time being - enough about football - this has nothing to do w/football - it's an extracurricular sport - get vested in the young kid hoopsters (middle school) coming up - or the best athletes will absolutely - opt out of this NONSENSE. Please. Thank you.

Sounds like a disgruntled parent whose son didn't get enough PT making excuses. HMS never led for 1 second in either loss. Niece is good but so is Profitt and Brown. Niece didn't win that game the team did. A single player doesn't beat a team like HMS. If I had to award an MVP it would Profitt, he handled the as good as he has all year. Had some really heads up decision in that game.

Kelly Niece 16pts 4reb

Nick Brown 7pts 9reb

Great job Reed Carmony! He is a South Kenton qb.

Ok Dokey.

Honey - this was directed at the Fort campus - NOT the Woodland crowd - luvbug. Not sure why your are tearing Niece down... I was commenting on Highlands basketball coaching strategies - and the comfort level of the athletes on the stage - but I'm sure - you and i make for great content and reading for those reading this - AGAIN - love Woodland and the coaches and players brother - enjoy these this wonderful weekend of fab. weather :)

Sounds like a disgruntled parent whose son didn't get enough PT making excuses. HMS never led for 1 second in either loss. Niece is good but so is Profitt and Brown. Niece didn't win that game the team did. A single player doesn't beat a team like HMS. If I had to award an MVP it would Profitt, he handled the as good as he has all year. Had some really heads up decision in that game.

No sounds like a parent of a kid who has led the team the past two yrs and was miffed at a coaching decision during a championship game.

Ok Dokey.

Honey - this was directed at the Fort campus - NOT the Woodland crowd - luvbug. Not sure why your are tearing Niece down... I was commenting on Highlands basketball coaching strategies - and the comfort level of the athletes on the stage - but I'm sure - you and i make for great content and reading for those reading this - AGAIN - love Woodland and the coaches and players brother - enjoy these this wonderful weekend of fab. weather :)

Oh I have a good idea why one player was torn down and another put on the pedestal. Lol

Ok Dokey.

What you don't understand is I'm not tearing down niece. Niece is crazy talented as is his sister. They were born with something very few are. The point I have made several times is that it's not a one man team. If niece would have sat for 20 minutes of that game we would be hearing about how niece beat highlands. Which also reminds me that niece did sit almost 2 quarters of their first win over HMS. Niece was named for playing good game I'm just mentioning others that had an equally good game.

Qryche11,

i have to get a real job where i don't have this much free time to enjoy reading BGP. Kidding - but seriously - love starting every morning w/great cup of coffee and reading all this great HS sports commentary and content...love it - so thank you to you ALL.. :)

The "second tier" for HMS played 3 mins to start 2nd quarter. 2 of them started most of the year.

HMS played hard but didn't shoot well. Woodland shot well.

Hard to question a coach that won 32 games. Beat the 3 top teams in Cincy. IHM twice. Woodland twice. Once by 20+, another by 12 at their place. But what do I know. Just thought Woodland shot really well. And HMS did not.

The "second tier" for HMS played 3 mins to start 2nd quarter. 2 of them started most of the year.

Hard to question a coach that won 32 games. Beat the 3 top teams in Cincy. IHM twice. Woodland twice. Once by 20+, another by 12 at their place. But what do I know. Just thought Woodland shot really well. And HMS did not.

Awesome year by the Birds! Future is bright.

Amen Brother