2015/16 NKY Boys BBall 6th, 7th, & 8th

TNT-MB1

Yes Draud is a 7th grader. Is he at Beechwood?

Even prior to Jefferson, Beechwood was pretty good. Aiden Beiger is a solid player that doesn't get much attention because he didn't play club ball this year. But he's a really good point guard as well.

Watch it u mentioned a kid that's not on the legends u might get thrown of the site. It cracks me up how the only players ever mentioned play for the legends. Just to let everyone no there r a lot of other players in nky that r pretty good!!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure Jefferson and Bieger will play up at Beechwood. If I was a betting man I would also say 2 or 3 of the 7th graders will play 8th..

With the legends coaches coaching beechwood now u still think Jefferson will play up?? I heard there coaching the 8th grade team

So is Jefferson at Beechwood another case like Von Handorf at Villa. I would think that with what Beechwood has in the way of varsity players would definitely open up varsity time for Jefferson, a lot of varsity time. They have to be looking for a scorer with Jacob Huff gone to graduation.[/quote

I guess people don't bother to read the whole thread. Jefferson will probably be playing varsity, JV at least. Don't wait around for him to play middle school.

It just so happens that all of the Legends players are REALLY good, solid players and would be the reason you hear of them over again. FYI... Draud actually played several games with them.

I get that I've watched them play since the fifth grade and your right draud did play a little with them. I'm just saying there r a lot more players in nky just as good as all the players mentioned

I get that I've watched them play since the fifth grade and your right draud did play a little with them. I'm just saying there r a lot more players in nky just as good as all the players mentioned

Quit complaining and start mentioning.

Jay Jackson,Grant disken, john Hensley,Jalen boles,Kevin centers, Lucas jones, zac armor, mason roush, nick brann, Michael Mayer, Luke dewalt

Kyle England,Aiden bieger,hunter Ahlfeld,

C'mon man - I know you want the pub for your own son & wish those guys would try to recruit him. Your list shows kids that are probably the best player on their own school teams but would not be considered "just as good" as the top players in nky except Mayer and the Rausch kid. diskin is also a possibility. Bieger is an interesting choice and was a pretty good player last time i saw him.

Edited by ABBPlayer

C'mon man - I know you want the pub for your own son & wish those guys would try to recruit him. Your list shows kids that are probably the best player on their own school teams but would not be considered "just as good" as the top players in nky except Mayer and the Rausch kid. diskin is also a possibility. Bieger is an interesting choice and was a pretty good player last time i saw him.

ABB,

I don't know about that. I've coached a lot of those kids in that list. I think a good coach could take that list and compete for a state tournament in 2016. There are a couple ingredients that make a good team. #1 good players, #2 good coaches and most over looked of them all #3 Great parents. Having parents that are committed to a common goal is enormous at this age. When you have 10~12 kids, Coaches and families pulling together some pretty good things can happen.

Grouping those three together is key. I'm not taking his side. Hell, I even list a member of The Legends in my post that triggered this. I'm not sure where he's coming from.

But I 100% disagree that those you mentioned are the only ones that can compete. In fact, I watched four on that list beat The Ville who did win the D1 state tournament in 15'. They had some help by three other good players but they can compete for sure.

Jay Jackson, Kevin Centers, Grant Disken, Lucas Jones were 4/7 of the team that beat The Ville. The funny part is that two of these four were filling in for two others that are also on the list and the team had never practiced together. You clearly don't know what you're talking about.

U clearly don't no what your talking about my son was recruited and was asked to play for the legends and he decided not to. So u see I really don't have to try and get the publicity for my son he's doing that just fine for himself

Clearly a pro Shining Stars anti legend bias from both of you. I get it, one of you must have a kid that plays with them and the other is their coach. legends was not initially mentioned by anyone except you two. But, while we are on the topic did these TOP kids beat the legends when they played this year? I don't see that info in any of the threads. And of course you have "coached a lot of those kids in that list..." it seems your posts are filled with information about the kids you have coached - most of them past tense, as they have moved on, or you have tried to recruit over them to improve your own teams. That's fine. You said turnover is part of the deal with AAU teams. OK. But, be careful, when you try to continue recruiting over your current kids, people will see it as a pattern. And, some of them that play now, as mentioned by someone else in another thread, won't get as much playing time as they are used to, and they will be former players too. You should recruit some of these kids on the list if they will make your team better. Or, you can go farther south and hope to find the "next" superstar at the expense of one of your existing ones. Enough of that though.....

This thread is supposed to be about the top middle school teams & players, not which aau team that they play for. For that topic, i agree that some of them are good players, but they are not the TOP players. I didnt say that they couldn't "compete" I said they were not the TOP players. Ask the kids - if they were choosing teams themselves, they wouldn't pick most (exception Mayer/Roush) of these kids listed by letsgetit over the kids mentioned earlier in the thread. In terms of teams, I do think Ockerman should be better with the 2 kids that were mentioned but I believe that SV, while not having the TOP kids, does probably have one of the best teams. I am not sold on Highlands, Pius is always tough because Mayer can change the game on both ends, and a sleeper is the Beechwood team, but they won't get to play these other Big school teams.

letsgetit, if your kid was recruited by legends why said no. competition, coaching, schedule?

Clearly a pro Shining Stars anti legend bias from both of you. I get it, one of you must have a kid that plays with them and the other is their coach. legends was not initially mentioned by anyone except you two. But, while we are on the topic did these TOP kids beat the legends when they played this year? I don't see that info in any of the threads. And of course you have "coached a lot of those kids in that list..." it seems your posts are filled with information about the kids you have coached - most of them past tense, as they have moved on, or you have tried to recruit over them to improve your own teams. That's fine. You said turnover is part of the deal with AAU teams. OK. But, be careful, when you try to continue recruiting over your current kids, people will see it as a pattern. And, some of them that play now, as mentioned by someone else in another thread, won't get as much playing time as they are used to, and they will be former players too. You should recruit some of these kids on the list if they will make your team better. Or, you can go farther south and hope to find the "next" superstar at the expense of one of your existing ones. Enough of that though.....

This thread is supposed to be about the top middle school teams & players, not which aau team that they play for. For that topic, i agree that some of them are good players, but they are not the TOP players. I didnt say that they couldn't "compete" I said they were not the TOP players. Ask the kids - if they were choosing teams themselves, they wouldn't pick most (exception Mayer/Roush) of these kids listed by letsgetit over the kids mentioned earlier in the thread. In terms of teams, I do think Ockerman should be better with the 2 kids that were mentioned but I believe that SV, while not having the TOP kids, does probably have one of the best teams. I am not sold on Highlands, Pius is always tough because Mayer can change the game on both ends, and a sleeper is the Beechwood team, but they won't get to play these other Big school teams.

letsgetit, if your kid was recruited by legends why said no. competition, coaching, schedule?

Great coaches great comp great schedule.

He is happy we're he's at I left it up to him.