2015/16 NKY Boys BBall 6th, 7th, & 8th

TNT-MB1

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one who thinks people are putting too much on Jefferson from Beechwood? He is decent but I've never saw him is a kid that was heads and shoulders above other kids his age. Coaching against him I don't think his ceiling is that high. I hope people don't put too much pressure on him and in my opinion, if he plays higher than freshman level this year then Beechwood will be really thin at the upper levels. Just my opinion.

so for 8th grade who are the favorites now in the SMALL division with Jefferson at Beechwood? Because Newport dominated everyone in 7th last year with him.

1. Beechwood

2. Newport

3. Bracken Cty

4. Tichenor

5. Jones

I know that Tichenors best player went to Jones but they lost Lucas Jones who was probably one of the best bigs in middle school ball.

Am I the only one who thinks people are putting too much on Jefferson from Beechwood? He is decent but I've never saw him is a kid that was heads and shoulders above other kids his age. Coaching against him I don't think his ceiling is that high. I hope people don't put too much pressure on him and in my opinion, if he plays higher than freshman level this year then Beechwood will be really thin at the upper levels. Just my opinion.

Athletically, you would be correct. B/n the ears, that is where he separates himself. He controls the tempo of the game better than any middle schooler that I have seen in a long time. Sort of like Patrick Sparks used to do at UK. He understands the game so well, has great composure, and his outside shot keeps getting better. As for his ceiling, that would have a lot to do with how he matures. I have no idea what the size of his parents are. It would be impossible to make an educated guess without knowing that.

I'm gonna have to agree. Jefferson is a great player no way u can down his play but imo there r no eighth grade player in nky that can play at the varsity level and really compete, sure he'll do a couple cool things up there but he's no way fast and strong enough to play at that level

I thought we were blogging about the middle school basketball not about the potential of an 8th grader competing at varsity level. He is not the first nor will he be the last IF he does get any varsity. Regardless he will be a problem for the opposition at whatever level he plays.

I thought we were blogging about the middle school basketball not about the potential of an 8th grader competing at varsity level. He is not the first nor will he be the last IF he does get any varsity. Regardless he will be a problem for the opposition at whatever level he plays.

Jefferson is in middle school as well as hicks that's y it was brought up and people were just stating there opinions on the subject of an eighth grader playing varsity. In no way am I doubting these kids talents and I don't think anyone else is

No idea about his ceiling 3-4yrs from now. But, if you have coached against him, and can't understand that he is the best player on the floor you are clearly missing something.

Who do you have for your best teams? I would rather read about that too.

I have now heard or read rumors about Jefferson, Hicks and both Highlands big men playing up. It does make a difference in top teams but the topic has been beat to death for sure.