2015/16 NKY Boys BBall 6th, 7th, & 8th

TNT-MB1

Highlands beat Tichenor last night. Summitview/IHM will play tomorrow. Schedule has been revised. Woodland 6th beat Conner last night. And Twenhofel beat RA Jones. All of these teams are 6th grade.

Woodland 6th has some nice talent. Red-headed kid looks promising. Good guards.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting...I bet that means Jefferson and Bieger never play MS this year (can anyone confirm?) Regardless, I like their chances to still be the best 8th grade team in either division; coaching will be better than other school teams get and that 7th trio are good players...Draud is as good a scorer for the grade as you'll find and I bet will become a better defender this year, Rolf is as athletic as any 7th grader and can fill it up too, and Mattingly may have the highest ceiling of any kid in the area - he has better ball handling and shooting skills than most bigs I've seen and looks like he could be a legit 6'9" or more when he is done growing (his Dad said that too).

Boy that makes their 7th grade less dominant, though with Downton (please confirm he is still 7th), Decker and company Beechwood should still dominate small school division. While Beechwood is very strong by their standards in 7-9th grades, I think their 6th grade will be much more like some of their upper classes that are more bball challenged.

By my reckoning, those BW moves make Highlands the clear top-ranked 7th grade team coming in (they already would have been based on past performance, but I thought BW size would have passed them this year) and I expect without Rolf and Mattingly IHM may pass Beechwood to be second best second grade (Vieth and Bessler are the best 4/5 combo in that grade).

Speaking of 7th and 6th graders. Who will have the top teams and who are the best players outside of the 8th grade discussions above?

Jefferson played 8th grade at Tichenor this weekend

I for one would be interested in hearing who the best teams and players are in the 6th, 7th and 8th, boys and girls. Will anyone compete with Highlands 7th this year, Beechwood perhaps. As a fan of NKY basketball, I'd like to see more results and game discussions on BGP at every level of school basketball, but especially for the middle schools where there is no place to find results or standings....

I for one would be interested in hearing who the best teams and players are in the 6th, 7th and 8th, boys and girls. Will anyone compete with Highlands 7th this year, Beechwood perhaps. As a fan of NKY basketball, I'd like to see more results and game discussions on BGP at every level of school basketball, but especially for the middle schools where there is no place to find results or standings....

Beechwood's 7th is a shell of last years team. They have had 3 kids moved up and their PG also broke his foot last week in practice. Highlands is by far the best 7th grade team..

I had my first chance to see NKY 8th grade ball last night. I saw 4 high-quality teams - Beechwood/BSac/IHM/St Mary. Well-coached. Ran nice sets. Moved and shot well.

St Mary has a kid #44 who will kill you from the corner 3 . Lefty big kid.

#31 for BSac is really good and they've got an aggressive "big" in the middle.

Looks like Jefferson from BW can get to the rim whenever he chooses. Just didn't finish well last night. Strong kid.

I had my first chance to see NKY 8th grade ball last night. I saw 4 high-quality teams - Beechwood/BSac/IHM/St Mary. Well-coached. Ran nice sets. Moved and shot well.

Looks like Jefferson from BW can get to the rim whenever he chooses. Just didn't finish well last night. Strong kid.

I'm guessing that the St. Mary player was Paul Kremer?

I'm guessing that the St. Mary player was Paul Kremer?

Not sure. I know you can't swing a stick out there without hitting a Kramer/Kremer. I think #23 was also a Kremer/Kramer. Really good player. Not sure how many of these are going to Brossart but if they all go it will be a really strong class.

Number 31 at Bsac is Jay Jackson he is a very solid player!!