2015/16 NKY Boys BBall 6th, 7th, & 8th

TNT-MB1

This post has nothing accurate in it, if your going to post, get at least one thing half way correct or act like you know what your talking about!! This is not your regular athlete that is going to suffer from this situation, it will only make him better.

I don't no about the whole situation and I really don't care but Boone Cty board should make it to where all eighth graders r eligible to move up to JV not just one kid. I'm sure there r many athletes that could benefit from playing up not just one.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So your telling me he starts?

Who sits then?

Paul?

Caleb?

Bricen?

Sulter/Green?

Mekhi?

My point was not to bash him. I think he's a very solid player that could probably play on many different AAU/select teams around.

I do wish him the best and hope he does well at the next level. I just think there's no way he makes JV without his dad making that happen.

So your telling me he starts?

Who sits then?

Paul?

Caleb?

Bricen?

Sulter/Green?

Mekhi?

My point was not to bash him. I think he's a very solid player that could probably play on many different AAU/select teams around.

I do wish him the best and hope he does well at the next level. I just think there's no way he makes JV without his dad making that happen.

That is what is known as "competition" and that is what makes a good basketball team, not parents or posters claiming a younger athlete may beat out an upper classman, that is bashing and by bringing this up it appears you may be concerned that he may beat out a certain player and that is where the circus begins!! I nominate you as "ring leader". Congratulations and try to make this as miserable as possible on everyone involved!!

This situation just like in real life....It pays to have Connections.......The kid is a good player, more power to him. If the others wanna play Freshman/JV/Varsity as 8th graders then their parents need to go to school tomorrow and register an opinion.

Jared is a great kid to coach and had a great summer, period.

Just as an FYI:

-- We rotate a lot of players throughout games so it really doesn't matter who starts

-- We didn't always have all of our players at tournaments due to baseball and other things so we used a lot of different lineup combinations - a lot.

-- In a normal game where we would have all of our players in the bracket portion of a tournament the starting lineup would normally be Kremer, Brycen, Isaac or Neil Green, Caleb and Hicks.

Sometimes we went 5 for 5 subbing and Caleb would be the point guard with one group and Hicks the point guard with the other group.

It was a luxury to be able to do it that way, but when push came to shove in brackets chance are pretty good Caleb and Hicks would be on the floor together.

He is an outstanding athlete, gifted player, very coachable and extremely tough.

We knew he was a few weeks too old for 13u when we asked him to play with us, but we played mostly in grade based tournaments and often played up so he faced very good competition and faced that same great competition in practice. He is a big reason we won a lot of tournaments that were grade-based and even some that were older grade and age based.

I was disappointed for him that he did not a get a chance to go to nationals with us. but I told him on the phone right after we won that he was a huge part of this, because he provided great competition for our guards heading into the tournament.

I look forward to seeing him play at whatever level he's at.

Not sure how its possible for him to make a JV team when I heard he didn't even start for his AAU team in 7th grade last season(and they said he's is a whole year older than everyone else). I also heard someone say his dad was the athletic director out there too. What a mess. The poor kid will be the one that suffers out of this whole situation.

Let's be clear....

- he isn't a "whole year older". In fact, he was only a few weeks too old to play in the new 13U AAU age rules from last season.

- "he didnt even start for his AAU team". In fact, he did start. And, he plays on a very select team that is pretty good and has some of the best players in NKY. Besides the kids who already play for us, there are probably only 2 other kids in NKY, who would start for us.

He had a great Summer playing select basketball. I use the word "select" because people on here get in an uproar when people say AAU. I don't think he will "be the one to suffer". I think it is great, and will help him become even better than he already is.

To add to the list of inaccuracies his dad is NOT the Athletic Director.

Other than that you're all over this one.

I don't no about the whole situation and I really don't care but Boone Cty board should make it to where all eighth graders r eligible to move up to JV not just one kid. I'm sure there r many athletes that could benefit from playing up not just one.

All 8th graders are eligible to be moved up. Conner girls moved 3 up last year.

Does anyone have any info on when the Lloyd Middle School pre-season tournament will be played? I haven't seen a schedule yet but thought someone may have some inside information.

Edited by kyag
spelling typo

Teams should be finalized now. Highlands, IMO, will be the team to beat in 8th grade. I know that isn't exactly a bold prediction. I look for the Birds to have more depth in the post this year in the case that Huddy or Salter than last season. That will only help as that was their achille's heel. When one of those 2 went out, converted guards just couldn't hang with the other bigs.

Does SV look similar to last year? Who will St. Pius have to support Mayer. I'm guessing most teams will look the same name wise, it is the year of growth that will make the teams look different.

Teams should be finalized now. Highlands, IMO, will be the team to beat in 8th grade. I know that isn't exactly a bold prediction. I look for the Birds to have more depth in the post this year in the case that Huddy or Salter than last season. That will only help as that was their achille's heel. When one of those 2 went out, converted guards just couldn't hang with the other bigs.

Does SV look similar to last year? Who will St. Pius have to support Mayer. I'm guessing most teams will look the same name wise, it is the year of growth that will make the teams look different.

I don't know who the team to beat is. But, I will predict that the most improved team this year will be Ockerman. They've had an average team that was really scrappy. They could shoot as good as anyone. This year they got two transfers. Johnny Hrycak from Gray and Big Lucas Jones from RA Jones. Add these two along with a solid guard combination of Zach Armour, Brayden Locke and Garrison Williams. Johnny will be happy to set these boy's up and Lucas is very quietly becoming a one of the best "true" big men around. Lucas is 6'3" and 205#. He's a low post "pounder". He loves the game and is working his butt off. I'm not saying they win it all. But, they will put a scare in many many teams. Zach Armour has become one of the best 3 point shooters in the area and compete's like very few. I've had the pleasure of coaching many of these boys in club ball and I'm really excited for them.

Beechwood will have the best backcourt out of their starters. I do not know who they have after that, but Jefferson and Daud will be way ahead of the others in NKY.

I agree with Jefferson but draud? There r many guards in nky that r way better plus isn't he in the 7th grade??

I agree with Jefferson but draud? There r many guards in nky that r way better plus isn't he in the 7th grade??

Yes Draud is a 7th grader. Is he at Beechwood?

Even prior to Jefferson, Beechwood was pretty good. Aiden Beiger is a solid player that doesn't get much attention because he didn't play club ball this year. But he's a really good point guard as well.