2015/16 NKY Boys BBall 6th, 7th, & 8th

TNT-MB1

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like Beechwood moved up three 7th graders to the 8th grade team Rolf, Mattingly and Draud.

Interesting...I bet that means Jefferson and Bieger never play MS this year (can anyone confirm?) Regardless, I like their chances to still be the best 8th grade team in either division; coaching will be better than other school teams get and that 7th trio are good players...Draud is as good a scorer for the grade as you'll find and I bet will become a better defender this year, Rolf is as athletic as any 7th grader and can fill it up too, and Mattingly may have the highest ceiling of any kid in the area - he has better ball handling and shooting skills than most bigs I've seen and looks like he could be a legit 6'9" or more when he is done growing (his Dad said that too).

Boy that makes their 7th grade less dominant, though with Downton (please confirm he is still 7th), Decker and company Beechwood should still dominate small school division. While Beechwood is very strong by their standards in 7-9th grades, I think their 6th grade will be much more like some of their upper classes that are more bball challenged.

By my reckoning, those BW moves make Highlands the clear top-ranked 7th grade team coming in (they already would have been based on past performance, but I thought BW size would have passed them this year) and I expect without Rolf and Mattingly IHM may pass Beechwood to be second best second grade (Vieth and Bessler are the best 4/5 combo in that grade).

Speaking of 7th and 6th graders. Who will have the top teams and who are the best players outside of the 8th grade discussions above?

Looks like Jefferson will play 8th grade ball this year for BW.

It is NOT a definite that he's a one-and-done at BW either.

Interesting that he is considering BW for HS when I heard him say he was heading to NCC just a month or so ago. I know kids say many things and things can change though. Regardless I'm looking forward to seeing this kid grow into an excellent varsity player wherever he plays.

Anyone have any info on the Lloyd scrimmages for the 6th grade Summit View/IHM or the 6th grade Highlands/Tichenor games that were played Thurs? Or, how did the 7th grade Woodland team look?