Report: Several Washington offensive linemen dislike RG3

At one point late in the 2013 season, it was observed that Washington’s offensive linemen hardly ever helped Griffin up after sacks, and reports out of the team’s locker room began to indicate that players were tired of Griffin’s refusal to take the blame when things went wrong.

According to Jason Reid of ESPN, Griffin sidestepping his own responsibility for making the line look worse than it played is exactly the kind of thing that causes him problems in the locker room. Reid wrote on Twitter after Griffin’s press conference that coaches say “several” offensive linemen dislike Griffin.

There seem to be two problems facing Griffin. The more important one is that he simply hasn’t played very well since suffering a severe knee injury at the end of his rookie season. But another problem is that he hasn’t shown that he has the leadership qualities that a quarterback needs. And until he starts playing better, it’s hard to see how he’ll be able to rally his teammates around him.

Report: Several Washington offensive linemen dislike RG3 | ProFootballTalk

I was tired of him from day 1. Dude is unlikeable.

I sorta thought the same thing but I love the NFL so much I like to give guys an extra chance but I am to the point I can't take RG3 anymore.

On top of that, I feel sorry for Gruden, I hope he gets another shot with a QB of his choice.

RG3's failure was always assured. His style of play simply does not translate well to the pro game. You have to be a more polished pocket passer. It's ok to be able to run, but you can't have that be a requirement of your game. His first year was all they were ever going to get because he took a beating.

RG3's failure was always assured. His style of play simply does not translate well to the pro game. You have to be a more polished pocket passer. It's ok to be able to run, but you can't have that be a requirement of your game. His first year was all they were ever going to get because he took a beating.

Agreed on all counts.

It also hurt that RG3 had success as a rookie. He was really good. But he has not been able to evolve his game in the least bit. Almost like a pitcher that comes in and dominates his first go around through the league, but batters soon figure him out.

RG3's failure was always assured. His style of play simply does not translate well to the pro game. You have to be a more polished pocket passer. It's ok to be able to run' date=' but you can't have that be a requirement of your game. His first year was all they were ever going to get because he took a beating.[/quote']

We didn't learn that from Vick?

As much as I wanted to like him when he came out I just can't...I'm sure he's a good kid, but he needs to shut up, man up and play football. I think he has the tools to play but I think the NFL game is just too big with too much going on for him to handle it all. Game definitely hasn't slowed down for him any.

I am tired of RG3. I often feel like he is full of it when he speaks.

He is but the problem started with how Daniel Snyder treated him when he was a rookie. He got preferential treatment from Snyder from day 1 and whenever anyone would question RGIII including the HC then Snyder would protect him.

Snyder was an enabler and it blew up in his face.

Dudes a butt head and evidently not very smart if he can't figure out his lineman need to be his best buds. Then again, that speaks volumes about his lack of leadership.

Dude came out of Baylor a "hot commodity" and believed his own hype and literally just believed he could roll into the NFL and do what he wanted. What he didn't realize is there are a LOT of guys in the NFL that are just as good and even better than him at their respective positions, and he just can't rely on his natural talent to get around that. Comes a point in time dude has to smarten up...going on 4 years now, you would think we would have figured that out...maybe he won't.:idunno: