Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cooper 37 Highlands 13

Featured Replies

Anybody know the final score of the JV game today?

 

I heard Highlands won but I don't know the score..

  • Replies 453
  • Views 69.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Birds haven't forgot how to play, they will bounce back and I hate to be next opponent

Congratulations to the Cooper Jaguars! What a way to kick off the season! The players must have executed very well last night and the Coaching staff likely burned the midnight oil to put forth a great gameplan to take down the Birds. Huge win!

 

To Highlands, its one game. All teams not named T would love to have your history. Your culture of winning speaks for itself and is the reason for the early season uprising. This wasnt a district game. Build towards getting back towards WKU. It doesnt matter if your 14-0 or 8-6.

I can attest that the players would run through a wall for Borchers.. But only because he would do it for them. He holds them and his coaching staff accountable but he would also drop anything he was doing if any of them needed help. Very proud of where this team is now compared to 2008 but this is just the beginning and Coach Borchers would be the first to say that.

I can see it. The last time I saw a Highlands team lose like this to a KY team was in the state finals in 2003 to Boyle County.

 

2006. Highlands lost 45-0 at St. X. I believe the Birds were 7-5 that season. They got a little better after that season. Good thing they kept that coach around.

Here is what I will find interesting after this game:

 

Does Highlands abandon the two platoon system and try to have playmakers/athletes go both ways in an effort to get some offense and to shore up some defensive gaps? They may not have enough depth this year to not consider that. Of course the downside is if they run into a team that can platoon in the playoffs.......but they may need to make changes to get that far.

 

For Cooper they had some players who just gutted out never coming off the field. And especially on a warm night and in the first game. Their coach even mentioned how gassed they were at halftime. We all know that two-way players have been the death of NKY teams when encountering Louisville powerhouse teams. So it will be interesting to see how Cooper evolves as the season progresses. They have the core group that has the talent, but can they build depth upon that and make a deep playoff run?

 

A warm night? It was in the 70's at kickoff? That's not warm at all... not much humidity either.

 

These kids are just overly restricted on practice time and game like conditioning now. Not their fault.

???

Edited by FanofMany33

Really? I know you will never admit it because of your blinders' date=' but for 47 minutes he was outplayed by Ludwig. Stats don't lie and neither does the fact that Conner was a MUCH better team that year than Cooper but they barely escaped with the win. No one is knocking Drew, but it is NOT impossible for him to have a bad game and get outplayed by another QB. It does, and did, happen. But that was two years ago, both players and teams have moved on to bigger and better things.[/quote']

 

Too bad the games last 48 min. Dang.

The JV game today was won by HHS 38-24. HHS alternated 3 QB's every series and all did a very nice Job throughout the game. That's how you develope talent. Nice job by the Birds to bounce back today.

Again we are talking about the offense getting manhandled. I would hardly say that the defense got manhandled in any way. Did a great job to keep it close with the HOPE of somehow finding magic in a bottle.

What's the point in reiterating how poorly the offense played? I watched the CCH vs Ryle game last night. It was a great game all the way around. Cov Caths offense was really impressive. Their defense not so much. They are of the same team and everyone wearing a Cov Cath jersey lost the game. I don't understand what you are trying to prove?

Edited by mcpapa

This game was put in the file cabinet by all players before 9 am. Celebrate the win the night of, forget it for later by morning. That's Coach Borchers and it only helps the boys

I am a first time poster to this thread. I was at both the varsity game and the Jv game. I bleed Highlands Blue!. Varsity team was manhandled. Highllands QB was terrible last night. Both Cooper's lines dominated.... Not debatable. There is not enough talent at Highlands to not have the talented kids play both sides of the ball. The proof was in the pudding last night. End of story. Unless something changes, Highlands is a .500 team at best. Boys, leave the entitlement at the door and get to work!

 

As far as the Jv game.... Just the opposite. Score was not indicative. Cooper D was as bad as Highland's Varsity last night.... Or solid Highlands O (tbd)? Only a rash of Highlands terrible throw/interceptions 5, 35, followed by pointless, stupid, unsportsmans penalties by Highlands players (Gosney, #20 !!!!) kept Cooper close.

 

I believe the Talent last night was equal, it's just that Cooper kept it on the field.

 

Just my opinion.

No, not an option and from what I understand not something that he wants to do either.

 

I couldn't make the game last night so I am reserving judgement until I see in person... Only live report I had was from DD and it wasn't glowing that's for sure. If they get beat by Campbell County I would think anything could be an option.

I am a first time poster to this thread. I was at both the varsity game and the Jv game. I bleed Highlands Blue!. Varsity team was manhandled. Highllands QB was terrible last night. Both Cooper's lines dominated.... Not debatable. There is not enough talent at Highlands to not have the talented kids play both sides of the ball. The proof was in the pudding last night. End of story. Unless something changes, Highlands is a .500 team at best. Boys, leave the entitlement at the door and get to work!

 

As far as the Jv game.... Just the opposite. Score was not indicative. Cooper D was as bad as Highland's Varsity last night.... Or solid Highlands O (tbd)? Only a rash of Highlands terrible throw/interceptions 5, 35, followed by pointless, stupid, unsportsmans penalties by Highlands players (Gosney, #20 !!!!) kept Cooper close.

 

I believe the Talent last night was equal, it's just that Cooper kept it on the field.

 

Just my opinion.

 

 

I somewhat have to agree, this 2 platoon business is not what I grew up with. You play the best kids, period. In this series, however Cooper varsity played awesome. Highlands JV played awesome.

I actually won on both, as both my teams actually won.

Hope Cooper keeps playing strong.

Highlands, not worried, regroup and learn from it.

Go Cooper

Go Highlands

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue
Rule #8

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.