Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cooper 37 Highlands 13

Featured Replies

I am a first time poster to this thread. I was at both the varsity game and the Jv game. I bleed Highlands Blue!. Varsity team was manhandled. Highllands QB was terrible last night. Both Cooper's lines dominated.... Not debatable. There is not enough talent at Highlands to not have the talented kids play both sides of the ball. The proof was in the pudding last night. End of story. Unless something changes, Highlands is a .500 team at best. Boys, leave the entitlement at the door and get to work!

 

As far as the Jv game.... Just the opposite. Score was not indicative. Cooper D was as bad as Highland's Varsity last night.... Or solid Highlands O (tbd)? Only a rash of Highlands terrible throw/interceptions 5, 35, followed by pointless, stupid, unsportsmans penalties by Highlands players (Gosney, #20 !!!!) kept Cooper close.

 

I believe the Talent last night was equal, it's just that Cooper kept it on the field.

 

Just my opinion.

 

So Highlands D was bad last night? Please explain that one to me please with some examples. Was Cooper really that much of an offensive juggernaut? Outside of the two long touchdowns, what exactly could the D have done better. And you talk about keeping your best players on the field on both sides of the ball, who exactly would that be?

 

Everyone talks about having Beal on offense, but where does he play? Putting him a wide receiver does what exactly?

  • Replies 453
  • Views 69.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So Highlands D was bad last night? Please explain that one to me please with some examples. Was Cooper really that much of an offensive juggernaut? Outside of the two long touchdowns, what exactly could the D have done better. And you talk about keeping your best players on the field on both sides of the ball, who exactly would that be?

 

Everyone talks about having Beal on offense, but where does he play? Putting him a wide receiver does what exactly?

 

Agreed! Was WR an issue last night? How many WR rotate this year for the Bird anyways?

Agreed! Was WR an issue last night? How many WR rotate this year for the Bird anyways?

This is what surprised me last night. Maybe I missed it but I was expecting a lot of rotating WR's after about every play like they have in the past and what I heard going into this game. I just didn't see it from Highlands at all really.

 

Did id I miss it or did they scratch that game plan?

This thread approaching 16,000 views. :lol2:

This thread approaching 16,000 views. :lol2:

 

Wonder of it counts every time Hellbird hits refresh as a new view?

It could be a little of both. Remember this is a Cooper team that returns most of their starters from a semi finalist team last year. They are good with some question marks out there and Highlands is down from last year without Hoge. I wouldn't think HHS is that far away from straightening things out. I also think it was a great test for Cooper as they move up to 6A.

 

I thought overall Cooper played very well on both sides of the ball. Minus special teams hiccups and some players being a little gassed, I think a lot of question marks were answered last night as far as position players. Borchers seems to have the right kids on the field in the right spots. That performance was not a fluke, that's how that group of kids have played together since they started it out years ago. I also know they can always get better. What question marks, and at what positions should we look for next week to keep improving?

They haven't improved? They would have had to pitch a shutout to win this game, you do realize that right? The last two scores were drives that totaled less than 40 yards combined. Everyone that knows football can see what needs to be shored up and it is not so much the defense.

 

Obviously it was the first game so we will see. It just seems like some carry over from the last few years. I wasn't at the game nor did I watch it. But according to about every comment on here, both sides of the ball struggled for the Birds.

 

I will reevaluate when the weather changes. Hopefully Cooper is that good. Time will tell.

Agreed! Was WR an issue last night? How many WR rotate this year for the Bird anyways?

 

Maybe put him in on offense as a blocking back. THe Kid Has Heart Is Pretty intense. He was throwing his body in there on defense, I hope they did some concussion testing with him after the game because he gave and took some heavy licks.

I personally didn't think the defense played that bad. The biggest issue I saw was containing the edge and tackling better. The Birds had a lot of missed tackles!! The offense on the other hand was a disaster. The most surprising thing to me was how the Oline got manhandled by the Cooper defense. Highlands couldn't run the ball at all...For having 3 starters back from last year that was a horrible effort! I am sure coach Turner will fix the issues up front....he always does. No where to go but up after that performance. #GETTOWORK !

This is what surprised me last night. Maybe I missed it but I was expecting a lot of rotating WR's after about every play like they have in the past and what I heard going into this game. I just didn't see it from Highlands at all really.

 

Did id I miss it or did they scratch that game plan?

 

The Bird recievers seemed to get behind the Cooper DB's often but the execution just wasn't there. Outside of the one long completion to get them down inside the 5 just before half I just didn't see much offensive execution.

I am a first time poster to this thread. I was at both the varsity game and the Jv game. I bleed Highlands Blue!. Varsity team was manhandled. Highllands QB was terrible last night. Both Cooper's lines dominated.... Not debatable. There is not enough talent at Highlands to not have the talented kids play both sides of the ball. The proof was in the pudding last night. End of story. Unless something changes, Highlands is a .500 team at best. Boys, leave the entitlement at the door and get to work!

 

As far as the Jv game.... Just the opposite. Score was not indicative. Cooper D was as bad as Highland's Varsity last night.... Or solid Highlands O (tbd)? Only a rash of Highlands terrible throw/interceptions 5, 35, followed by pointless, stupid, unsportsmans penalties by Highlands players (Gosney, #20 !!!!) kept Cooper close.

 

I believe the Talent last night was equal, it's just that Cooper kept it on the field.

 

Just my opinion.

 

Now you've gone and done it.

Highlands defense looked very soft.

HS preview is out today in Enquirer.

 

Big spread on Hergott.

HB, I'm getting the impression folks are be-littling the Jags accomplishment based on a "building consensus," of this being a down year for the Birds. I'm not going to ask for your feedback on this in that I know of the resulting Gettysburg address response I may get...:lol2:

 

Down year or not Cooper knocked the king, prince, serf ( based on what some are saying ) off the throne and yes the great run had to end sometime. So rather than substantiating or not the results of this game let's celebrate the fact that Cooper plays both Ryle and SK. Cooper will have their opportunities to validate their place on a potential NKY throne.

 

Cooper is in the catbird seat ( all pun intended ), they earned it. It's hs football folks. However you want to spin it, live through it. It's about kids growing and getting ready for the "game of life."

 

And btw a big hats off to the objective Bird fans who are focusing on "constructive criticism" and encouraging the flock.

 

5A, 6A football in NKY is comparable to a bee hive just knocked out of a tree after week 0. Ultimately it will come down to who wants it more, who executes, some luck, strength, and will power. As hs football always does...

 

And sk1 don't think I didn't know your neers where losing to a 2A school past midway in the 3rd. Turnovers haunt and you are fortunate the ball bounced in your favor.

 

The birds lose, it's Sunday morning at 8:30a and there are 12+ folks dialed into this thread. Guru is getting fat and happy! :lol:

 

Have a great Sunday folks and keep the Covcath RB Darlington in your prayers this week for ideal an ideal recovery and healing from an ankle injury. Because we know that those blueboys pray for our kids when we sustain injuries against them....?

HB, I'm getting the impression folks are be-littling the Jags accomplishment based on a "building consensus," of this being a down year for the Birds. I'm not going to ask for your feedback on this in that I know of the resulting Gettysburg address response I may get...:lol2:

 

Down year or not Cooper knocked the king, prince, serf ( based on what some are saying ) off the throne and yes the great run had to end sometime. So rather than substantiating or not the results of this game let's celebrate the fact that Cooper plays both Ryle and SK. Cooper will have their opportunities to validate their place on a potential NKY throne.

 

Cooper is in the catbird seat ( all pun intended ), they earned it. It's hs football folks. However you want to spin it, live through it. It's about kids growing and getting ready for the "game of life."

 

And btw a big hats off to the objective Bird fans who are focusing on "constructive criticism" and encouraging the flock.

 

5A, 6A football in NKY is comparable to a bee hive just knocked out of a tree after week 0. Ultimately it will come down to who wants it more, who executes, some luck, strength, and will power. As hs football always does...

 

And sk1 don't think I didn't know your neers where losing to a 2A school past midway in the 3rd. Turnovers haunt and you are fortunate the ball bounced in your favor.

 

The birds lose, it's Sunday morning at 8:30a and there are 12+ folks dialed into this thread. Guru is getting fat and happy! :lol:

 

Have a great Sunday folks and keep the Covcath RB Darlington in your prayers this week for ideal an ideal recovery and healing from an ankle injury. Because we know that those blueboys pray for our kids when we sustain injuries against them....?

BOOM!!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.