Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cooper 37 Highlands 13

Featured Replies

  • Replies 453
  • Views 69.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quite a broad brush you guys are painting with. I only see one unhappy poster who is talking purely from a selfish standpoint. The rest of the Highlands fans are pretty realistic.

You are correct and i apologize.

Sure hope they give the little birdies a chance and not just worry about the grade level they are in

 

It is apparent that this is your first go round in The Program. I promise you that this will not work for you or your son. It will drive you nuts if you keep viewing this program through a narrow lens. Highlands has proven that their program works and works well.

 

I would suggest you just get involved in the fundraising and supporting your son. He will either work hard and develop or he won't. The greater challenge is for you to enjoy your time in this program. It is like no other and while it may not seem fair, your attempts to justify why your son isn't playing is not only unfair to your son, it doesn't help him make his own path, it gives an excuse to accept mediocrity and blame others .

 

I hope, for your sake, you take some of the advice of posters on this site. It will serve you well. If not, it will be a miserable experience and that would be unfortunate.

 

Go Birds.

As a Colonel fan, and tdyballgame can back me up, I can offer the HHS faithful a few names of good sport therapists that can bring everyone together and talk it out. We usually book a session with her each year when the bluebirds end our season....

 

Hang in there .....those on the outside of bluebird nation know who the real spokespeople are.....

 

And that is all of the "Catholic outreach" I can muster at this time ....

It is apparent that this is your first go round in The Program. I promise you that this will not work for you or your son. It will drive you nuts if you keep viewing this program through a narrow lens. Highlands has proven that their program works and works well.

 

I would suggest you just get involved in the fundraising and supporting your son. He will either work hard and develop or he won't. The greater challenge is for you to enjoy your time in this program. It is like no other and while it may not seem fair, your attempts to justify why your son isn't playing is not only unfair to your son, it doesn't help him make his own path, it gives an excuse to accept mediocrity and blame others .

 

I hope, for your sake, you take some of the advice of posters on this site. It will serve you well. If not, it will be a miserable experience and that would be unfortunate.

 

Go Birds.

 

Great post. :thumb:

Please do not think my son is not playing, however I do think he would be a good asset for a Friday night game. I maybe wrong guess only time will tell. With injuries and children being ineligible do to grades and what not I'm hoping to see what he can do. Yes I am a very proud father and yes I want nothing but the best for my boy. Not fighting with dads over who's son is better

For Cooper fans. I have seen a couple of posts saying this is the biggest win in program history. Do you agree with this statement?

 

I think the playoff win in 2012 at Franklin County might just be, because they were big underdogs on the road and that game continued their run to the title game. This game to me gave everyone around the program the validation that what they were doing worked. The win also served notice to those outside the program and around the state they were a rising team/program.

 

Thoughts?

I agree, I have said all good things about the D, the problem is on O. And it is not just the Sr class, it is Jr class too. they have some athletes in both classes, just not as many as past years and that really hurts the depth when trying to platoon.

 

Yes I would agree with that 100%. I can tell you that the kids are not affected much at all and are looking forward to get back at it on Monday. Expect you will see marked improvement from all phases of the game come next week and improvement will continue until this team gets its identity.

As a Colonel fan, and tdyballgame can back me up, I can offer the HHS faithful a few names of good sport therapists that can bring everyone together and talk it out. We usually book a session with her each year when the bluebirds end our season....

 

Hang in there .....those on the outside of bluebird nation know who the real spokespeople are.....

 

And that is all of the "Catholic outreach" I can muster at this time ....

 

The big loud heavy set fella at PeeWees doesn't quite count as a sports therapist but he does listen well and serves some great food and fellowship!

Yes I would agree with that 100%. I can tell you that the kids are not affected much at all and are looking forward to get back at it on Monday. Expect you will see marked improvement from all phases of the game come next week and improvement will continue until this team gets its identity.

A lot of times, it is good for us adults to watch and see how kids handle things. Sometimes kids keep things in perspective better than the adults/parents and bounce back faster than we tend to give them credit for.

For Cooper fans. I have seen a couple of posts saying this is the biggest win in program history. Do you agree with this statement?

 

I think the playoff win in 2012 at Franklin County might just be, because they were big underdogs on the road and that game continued their run to the title game. This game to me gave everyone around the program the validation that what they were doing worked. The win also served notice to those outside the program and around the state they were a rising team/program.

 

Thoughts?

No this was not the biggest win in schools history.

 

For a school so young we have to put this into perspective.

 

There are wins that mean different things and I will try to list them not necessarily in importance but rather significance.

 

1. First win in school history

(that was not the biggest win by no means but was an important step to building the program)

 

2. First district win (2011)

2A first win against rival Ryle

 

3. Winning district first time in school history earning first ever playoff berth (beating So. Oldham) 2011

 

4. Beating Boone county schools for the first time (Boone, Ryle, we beat Conner in 2011) all rivals and all accomished in 2012.

 

5. Winning first playoff game in 2012 after losing their first ever playoff game in 2011 to Montgomery Co. Who after the game several of their parents were heard saying no NKY team in 5A can compete with teams down south.

 

6. First regional championship title in 2012

 

7. First semi final win earning a shot at state. Beat Harlan County in Harlan Co. Capping off 4 straight playoff wins on the road to get to the state title game.

 

8. Winning 2nd regional Championship in only 6 years of existence in 2014

 

9. Beating the pereniel state champions Highlands following their 7th state title in the last 8 years. Such a storied program and after hearing for a few years I have been a member in here how no one in KY could hang a L on them in the regular season and especially no NKY team because they were all afraid to play them.

 

I don't know if HHS will battle for another title this year or have a losing season, either way after hearing how teams were afraid to play them, Cooper in their first ever matchup against the Bluebirds shocked the state...or at least everyone outside of the Cooper

family.

 

This list again isn't in order of biggest wins in school

history but if I had to rank them I would say the Highlands game would rank 2nd in biggest games during then regular season. The first would be the win to give them their first district championship and les to their first playoff berth in a district when everyone didn't make the playoffs.

 

Now with all that said, in about 20

years after the team is no longer so new and reaching new firsts in their program this win will probably rank up there as one of those great wins that ended the era of this team

being overlooked. I think this win puts a stamp of acceptance in the world of KY High School Football for this program. Some may say that was lifted in 2012 but it really wasn't. Even after that season they were overlooked a lot and even after winning another regional championship, their 2nd in 3 years in 2014 they still weren't given much respect as the ore season polls indicated. Not just locally but state wide. Hopefully this win changes that for good now.

 

This win however may be bigger in the mind of some adults than it is in the players minds who just line up against whoever shows up each Friday night.

Edited by Hellbird

No this was not the biggest win in schools history.

 

For a school so young we have to put this into perspective.

 

There are wins that mean different things and I will try to list them not necessarily in importance but rather significance.

 

1. First win in school history

(that was not the biggest win by no means but was an important step to building the program)

 

2. First district win (2011)

2A first win against rival Ryle

 

3. Winning district first time in school history earning first ever playoff berth (beating So. Oldham) 2011

 

4. Beating Boone county schools for the first time (Boone, Ryle, we beat Conner in 2011) all rivals and all accomished in 2012.

 

5. Winning first playoff game in 2012 after losing their first ever playoff game in 2011 to Montgomery Co. Who after the game several of their parents were heard saying no NKY team in 5A can compete with teams down south.

 

6. First regional championship title in 2012

 

7. First semi final win earning a shot at state. Beat Harlan County in Harlan Co. Capping off 4 straight playoff wins on the road to get to the state title game.

 

8. Winning 2nd regional Championship in only 6 years of existence in 2014

 

9. Beating the pereniel state champions Highlands following their 7th state title in the last 8 years. Such a storied program and after hearing for a few years I have been a member in here how no one in KY could hang a L on them in the regular season and especially no NKY team because they were all afraid to play them.

 

I don't know if HHS will battle for another title this year or have a losing season, either way after hearing how teams were afraid to play them, Cooper in their first ever matchup against the Bluebirds shocked the state...or at least everyone outside of the Cooper

family.

 

This list again isn't in order of biggest wins in school

history but if I had to rank them I would say the Highlands game would rank 2nd in biggest games during then regular season. The first would be the win to give them their first district championship and les to their first playoff berth in a district when everyone didn't make the playoffs.

 

Now with all that said, in about 20

years after the team is no longer so new and reaching new firsts in their program this win will probably rank up there as one of those great wins that ended the era of this team

being overlooked. I think this win puts a stamp of acceptance in the world of KY High School Football for this program. Some may say that was lifted in 2012 but it really wasn't. Even after that season they were overlooked a lot and even after winning another regional championship, their 2nd in 3 years in 2014 they still weren't given much respect as the ore season polls indicated. Not just locally but state wide. Hopefully this win changes that for good now.

 

This win however may be bigger in the mind of some adults than it is in the players minds who just line up against whoever shows up each Friday night.

 

The bolded is bull crap!!!!!!!!!! :poop:

 

Cooper beats Highlands and now your the High school expert.

 

Do you have any appointments open? You sound like a shrink.

 

My second post in this thread. My first one was two words.

With as close as I was to the Cooper program, the biggest win for Cooper is always the next win. You won't find Borchers, his staff, or his players bragging on what they accomplished. All they will tell is what they want to accomplish.

 

And to Highlands #1 ... You stated earlier that every kids deserves playing time. You couldn't be farther from the truth. This is high school ball. The kids with the best ability play. Period. JV kids can be studs on JV and do nothing in varsity. It's the way it is. Nothing personal but high school football isn't an everyone gets an award sport. Being from highlands, you should know that. Those kids earned those state titles and developed the dynasty that has been Highlands football. If a JV kid didn't earn his spot over summer practices, he needs to keep working his tail end off, get better, and show those coaches everyday that he has no quit and he can get the job done. They will notice and he will get his shot. Until then, it's best for parents and fans to support the team, the coaches, and the program and keep their opinions in their minds and not spilling out their mouths to the kids. You want to destroy a program? Do that.

An opening season loss to an in state school (same area at that) and some from the empire are losing their minds. This is comedy.

I had heard all of the drama over the loss to Cooper but I did not really understand until I read the entire thread. What happened to anyone can lose on any given day. I think a lot of people may have taken Cooper too lightly and maybe Highlands had an off night. However,, there are several more weeks of football left. However,, with over 21,000 views,, this is certainly going to be discussed for a while. Good luck to both programs the rest of the year!!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.