Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cooper 37 Highlands 13

Featured Replies

Not talking bad about any child. However I think every child should see playing time and see what they have to offer. End of story. I do not live my life through my son. And sure am not going to argue with a bunch of fathers who do. We have a huge problem in our team and better to fix it now rather than later. Jack of all trades you yourself said your son plays on the d so your saying he has no concerns? Come on

  • Replies 453
  • Views 69.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If your child was so much better than the others, it would have shown through in practice all summer. Take the advice being given to you here and stop creating obstacles for your son and stop talking bad about the program. They have only played one game! If you expect them to never lose, you are certainly setting yourself up for huge disappointment.

 

Give some credit to Cooper who was the better football team on Friday night.

I give them all the credit in the world. They was the best players bye far. And that is a problem don't you think? My only point being give other boys a shot.

Wow. I go to St. Louis for a wedding this weekend and miss my Birds getting whipped by Cooper and come back to a 16 page thread! Haven't read all of it but it looks like some of our fears at QB may be justified and that the D is similar to last year. I was afraid that Hoge masked a lot of problems for HHS last year and now that he is gone, it will be hard to overcome them. Long season though. Gotta keep working. I remember a 4 loss HHS team winning a state title I believe in the 70's or 80's.

How many times have they said the D line and O line needed help? I have seen some huge jv players. Why not try them out? Also what about the other positions? they need help in just about everything

 

Just for fun, what JV players do you think need to be up or deserve a spot on Varsity that haven't already been given a chance over the spring and summer? List them here and we can keep this between me and you. I promise!

No it is in most cases who you know, we learned that when it came to basketball and baseball. Believe me when I tell you not always the best plays

 

 

Oh my. Please stop! It's best for all involved and I'm 100% serious on this post. Ha as if I'm not all the time.

Watch the film on Huddle and you will see for yourself. No need to throw children's names out in a public forum.

Watch the film on Huddle and you will see for yourself. No need to throw children's names out in a public forum.

 

Oh dear! Problem is, because Highlands is such a tight community, most already know who you are talking about. You have already thrown the boys names, albeit not openly but subconsciously. Again, most have watched Hudl or better yet the actual JV game. And most disagree with your observations.

 

Just sayin!

Think what you want but as I said I do not live my life though my son. If you have been at the varsity game and the jv game you would know what I am saying.

Shouldn't an inexperienced QB be given more than 4 quarters to prove himself? I wasn't there, so before that gets asked, there it is. I just can't believe how reactionary a lot of people are being.

They need to put Gosney in and be done with Hergott. I don't know how many times I heard that in the stands last night. He isn't what they thought he would be.

 

Size in the case didn't seem to matter when Gosney was out, However when 7 was out well the game speaks for itself

 

You know what, you're right. The fans in the stands have spoken. Couple fun facts, Pat Towles didn't start as a frosh and he developed into quite the QB. Maybe just maybe, Highlands has a diamond in the rough just waiting to sprout. Oh and Pat wouldn't have played until his Jr year if it wasn't for an unfortunate injury.

 

There was another QB at Highlands that didn't start until he was a junior in Jared Lorenzen. And then there's Beau Hoge. Had to wait until he was a senior. Shall I continue. Oh and the coaches were all wrong in all those players. Wow! Dont they know parents know better.

It's very hard to determine from

watching a JV game whether or not a player in that game should be starting in varsity and the reason why is because of the competition in the other team.

 

Here is what I mean, and mark it down that I am saying this a good year in advance. Cooper returned most of their starters from last years team which went really really far in the playoffs. What does that tell you? It tells me they had a ton of talented Jr's in that team. This year they are very heavy senior laden when it comes to the players in the field. The JV team however isn't close to as good as the underclass men in last years team. Next year will

be a drop off for Cooper. Hope I don't upset any Cooper fans, but this years Sr class is special. It's like their 2012 team made up of great seniors with a few underclass men starting for them. This year is like that team. The JV team may not be a good barometer on how your JV team has "varsity starters" on it because maybe,

just maybe Cooper's JV team may be lacking the number of big time future players.

 

All im saying is next year may be a down year for Cooper. Don't judge your players all

off of Saturday's game.

This thread is amazing. The first 24 hours was KY dancing on the grave. I expected that. But, the next 24 has been Highlands fans airing their frustrations and trying to make sure everyone knows who is to blame. I know the parents and fans of HHS are better than this.

 

We got beat by a very good football team. I went to the game and watched the film many times. We were just whipped. Congratulations to Cooper!

 

We will get better. The coaches and players will make adjustments, the sun will come up, and the world will spin. I understand being frustrated, but sometimes getting your tail whipped is exactly what is needed. Take a breath. It's a long season.

BBW, good post although the HHS fans airing frustrations is limited. It happens, no big deal. We'll see how the team responds. I have faith in them.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.