Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cooper 37 Highlands 13

Featured Replies

I'm not on a high horse. This is my third post on this thread. Show me where I said NKY teams were "afraid" to play Highlands. I'll wait. I never say the word "afraid" when talking about HS football, so your barking up the wrong tree. Rather than say afraid I would say they preferred not to play HHS. With Highlands being on a National stage in the recent past, it could be Highlands didn't want to play some or most NKY teams, and it wasn't because they were afraid.Do you think that is possible?

 

This game didn't get to me. The game got to a lot of people. Show me where I said, fire the coach, find a new QB , go to the JV team to find better players, I'll wait.

Read my post again, you seem to leave out a very important piece of the puzzle. That piece was where it said the things that were said in 2012, I didn't say they were said in this thread.

  • Replies 453
  • Views 69.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I haven't seen any one post that because of the first game that Cooper can beat anybody. I do know that they go at it one game at a time and the way it shold be and the way that Coach Borchers prefers and he will keep the players focused on the task at hand and not allow them to look past the opponent that is next on the schedule.

 

Is it wrong to be happy with their performance in week 0? I hope not.

I haven't seen any post claiming they are ready for Trinity or anyone else. Lets just enjoy the season for what it is. High School football, the greatest sport in the world!

 

C'mon Man!!!!!!

Never once did I say fire the coach. However I did say I have seen the last 2 games and I see a lot of talent just sitting on the bench doing nothing. But watch the JV game and boom they have what it takes. That is all I have said. My son does play football but you can not tell me and believe it yourself that if your son is on the team he isn't worried about the talent. I have nothing but respect for the coaches and teams however just a little opening for the JV may do our the team a world of

good . And I may be wrong who knows. It's very frustrating sitting and watching a team lose when you know they can and will do much better in the season coming forth

 

You ever think maybe Highlands JV players are looking so great because they are playing against other JV players?? Playing varsity is a whole different level and more than likely I would say that the JV players have not developed enough to become viable options for varsity. Just give it at least half of a season and things will work themselves out. Coaches at Highlands don't play favorites, they play the best option available at each position.

[/b]

 

C'mon Man!!!!!!

I love me some soccer too buddy, but High School Football is a breed of it's own.

I love me some soccer too buddy, but High School Football is a breed of it's own.

 

Just trying to give you a hard time, I also figured a couple extra posts would ensure that KY Joe's 20 page prediction would come to fruition.

You ever think maybe Highlands JV players are looking so great because they are playing against other JV players?? Playing varsity is a whole different level and more than likely I would say that the JV players have not developed enough to become viable options for varsity. Just give it at least half of a season and things will work themselves out. Coaches at Highlands don't play favorites, they play the best option available at each position.

 

This ^^^^. I feel pretty confident that the depth chart is continously reviewed at HHS and that the guys reviewing it couldn't care less about anything except putting the best players in the best spots for Friday night.

 

HHS JV teams are typically very good, because they practice against some of the best varsity players around day in and day out...it's what makes good programs, great.

 

It is possible that this could be a down talent year at HHS. It happens. But I'm sure that every kid putting on the H wants a ring and will work to get it.

 

They stand on the shoulders of those that have come before them...that's how it works.

 

Should be a good game against CCHS Friday night. Maybe CCHS gets a win and we can quit hearing about the '85 team beating HHS at home after 30 years. :banana:

Never once did I say fire the coach. However I did say I have seen the last 2 games and I see a lot of talent just sitting on the bench doing nothing. But watch the JV game and boom they have what it takes. That is all I have said. My son does play football but you can not tell me and believe it yourself that if your son is on the team he isn't worried about the talent. I have nothing but respect for the coaches and teams however just a little opening for the JV may do our the team a world of

good . And I may be wrong who knows. It's very frustrating sitting and watching a team lose when you know they can and will do much better in the season coming forth

 

That has been true about Highlands for a long time. There is always a lot of talent on the bench doing nothing. That is why the program is great. Heck, last year you had a D1 QB who didn't even get to play QB till his senior year. That is also why Highlands JV is going to kick butt. They have deep talent, much deeper than most other programs. At Highlands, there is just as much talent with more experience in front of you so you wait your turn.

Just trying to give you a hard time, I also figured a couple extra posts would ensure that KY Joe's 20 page prediction would come to fruition.

 

Approaching 24000 views. It's good to be king, even during a revolt. :D

This ^^^^. I feel pretty confident that the depth chart is continously reviewed at HHS and that the guys reviewing it couldn't care less about anything except putting the best players in the best spots for Friday night.

 

HHS JV teams are typically very good, because they practice against some of the best varsity players around day in and day out...it's what makes good programs, great.

 

It is possible that this could be a down talent year at HHS. It happens. But I'm sure that every kid putting on the H wants a ring and will work to get it.

 

They stand on the shoulders of those that have come before them...that's how it works.

 

Should be a good game against CCHS Friday night. Maybe CCHS gets a win and we can quit hearing about the '85 team beating HHS at home after 30 years. :banana:

 

One thing is for sure, you won't hear me talking about Friday's win 30 years from now because I'll be dead :jump:.....errrrrr....wait a minute :ohbrother:

I think everyone that has viewed this thread needs to just relax and stop in for one of these. It makes everything okay...trust me. Mention the thread and get 10% off. :thumb:

 

11760303_489330997914785_5055413223364777129_n.jpg

So, if I buy 10 it will be like I got one free. ;)

 

If you buy 10 you better be bringing your family cuz you will have a major belly ache. :lol2:

If you buy 10 you better be bringing your family cuz you will have a major belly ache. :lol2:

 

Some things are worth it..

One thing is for sure, you won't hear me talking about Friday's win 30 years from now because I'll be dead :jump:.....errrrrr....wait a minute :ohbrother:

 

No way man, you're younger than I am and I plan at least another 30 years of arguing! By then we won't even need keyboards, we'll just think our posts into existence. Of course doing it that way will lead to even more confusion than there is now!

If you buy 10 you better be bringing your family cuz you will have a major belly ache. :lol2:

 

Challenge accepted.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.