Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cooper 37 Highlands 13

Featured Replies

Maybe just maybe they need to take a look at the JV team and replace some with the Varsity. Then maybe we could get somewhere. Oh no did I say that out loud

Yes, you did and HHS is known for having kids compete for positions and playing time. If someone beats somebody out I am sure they will play them.

  • Replies 453
  • Views 69.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sure hope they give the little birdies a chance and not just worry about the grade level they are in

Sure hope they give the little birdies a chance and not just worry about the grade level they are in

 

I'm curious where?

How many times have they said the D line and O line needed help? I have seen some huge jv players. Why not try them out? Also what about the other positions? they need help in just about everything

How many times have they said the D line and O line needed help? I have seen some huge jv players. Why not try them out? Also what about the other positions? they need help in just about everything

 

I would assume those JV players you speak of probably had a chance to prove they were better than the ones are who playing varsity. Just because players are bigger doesn't mean they are better. I assume those smaller varsity players in practice are doing better against the bigger JV players in practice and is why those guys are varsity currently.

How many times have they said the D line and O line needed help? I have seen some huge jv players. Why not try them out? Also what about the other positions? they need help in just about everything

I'm not familiar with the personnel of The JV team but didn't they have all

summer and spring practice to try and beat out a varsity player? Also let it be know. It doesn't matter what grade you are in when it comes to playing time for Highlands. Bo Hebel has started for 3 years now for instance which means he played varsity as a sophomore also.

 

As as a parent you never want to start off your Highlands or any teams career for your son as that parent who claims little Jonny is being overlooked even though he is better than the one starting in front of him. If one thing always has true for Highlands it is the best play and the majority of them know they must wait their time and many cases that is until they are a senior.

No it is in most cases who you know, we learned that when it came to basketball and baseball. Believe me when I tell you not always the best plays

No it is in most cases who you know, we learned that when it came to basketball and baseball. Believe me when I tell you not always the best plays

That can happen anywhere. Forgive me if I am wrong but this sounds too familiar. This sounds like somebody's kid isn't getting the playing time that his parents think he deserves. It can only get ugly from here on as each week goes by and frustration builds even more until the poor kid is convinced from listening to mom

and dad that he is being screwed over and that builds resentment to the coaches and his fellow teammates and it never ends well.

 

My my advice is to sit back and allow the coaches to do their job.

 

I I would hate to see a repeat of what happened at Conner last year. If you are not familiar allow me to tell you a story.

 

After Drew Barker graduated, there was a dad in here promoting his son as the next starting QB at Conner. He boasted about how good he was and he claimed the starting spot was already promised to him. As spring practice started up it was clear he had some competition. That didn't sit well with daddy. So daddy started a smear campaign against the other kid competing with him in here. As summer practice came to a close and scrimmages were being played it was clear that little Johnny wasn't going to be the starting QB. He instead was starting Wr. That wasn't good enough for daddy and after each loss he blamed

the QB for the losses and the coaches for "playing favorites" and if his son was the QB they would be winning those games. Well it got to the point where the actual QB was really playing well and it only infuriated dad even more. To make a long story short, dad made a nasty post on here and the. Disappeared from here forever and next thin we hear is his kid quit the team half way through the season.

 

It affects the kid more than anything.

 

Only advice i can give is to remember that the coaches want to win. They will never play a player in front of someone they think is better. There is no reason to do so.

I would never talk bad about a child. I think Highlands has a lot of talent but I seen most of it on the JV team . My only point is why not pull some and try them on the varsity.

I would never talk bad about a child. I think Highlands has a lot of talent but I seen most of it on the JV team . My only point is why not pull some and try them on the varsity.

 

Because you are not the coach and your opinion about where the talent is doesn't matter and public dissent toward the coaching staff is cancerous. That's why.

Ok we can just sit back and watch another game pass bye and at the end of the season ask ourselves what went wrong. Sounds like a plan

I am not being disrespectful.Just do not understand the thinking of who plays where when we have some huge gaps.

I am not being disrespectful.Just do not understand the thinking of who plays where when we have some huge gaps.

 

Lets hear your expert analysis on where these huge gaps are and who should take those spots. Since you are so confident in your thoughts, put some names out there. I bet you would like to start at wide receiver correct?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.