Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cooper 37 Highlands 13

Featured Replies

Love coach Borchers. What he's done in the first 7 years of the school is amazing. If Dale was still coaching I think he'd be in Coach Borchers fan club too.

 

Just fun to watch the adjustments the team makes from year to year depending on the talent they have. It's never the same.

 

That is actually how Dale always was.... he built a plan and strategy around what talent was there.... I think Weinrich does / will do the same... it is kind of obvious but there is an art to not forcing young men into uncomfortable positions and catering to the strengths of each player. Seems like Borchers might be a master at this.

  • Replies 453
  • Views 69.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just as I suspected the sun did rise in Ft Thomas this morning and the world kept turning. I am very happy for my friend @Hellbird and still proud of my Bluebirds! Thankfully, this was the 1st game of the season and not the last! There is much to learn from last night's game and improve on. Good luck, Birds!

 

#proudtobeacakeeater

O

One thing that keeps running through my head is this.... But before I say it, let it be clear that I have the utmost respect for HHS and their program and what they've done. I also truly enjoy many of their fans in here and like to think of many as close BGP friends. So this in no way is a shot at HHS at all. But this is what keeps running through my head....

 

The words that kept being told to Cooper fans in 2012 was if they would have played HHS that year that would of prepared them to win state that year. And also "Highlands is #1 in NKY until someone knocks them off" "NKY teams are afraid of HHS"

 

Well I'm pretty dang proud of my Jaguars this morning and after only 7 years and 2 regional championships they should no longer be under the radar like they have been every single year.

 

Also let it be known that Cooper is the only NKY team with a winning record against Highlands lol. I can enjoy that for at least another year. :)

 

I I wonder how many teams in KY have a winning record against HHS?

 

Not many have a winning record against them. Cooper is in the minority. They played great and you should be proud. I am still trying to figure out if cooper is that good or are we that bad. I saw a lot of opportunity for improvement on our side (that's me saying it as nicely as I can). I hope it's that Cooper is that good and they make a run. One, because I'd love to see them have a great year and shock the world! And two, because I dont want to believe this HHS team has this much "opportunity"! Hopefully HHS is good and they just ran into a buzz saw!

O

 

Not many have a winning record against them. Cooper is in the minority. They played great and you should be proud. I am still trying to figure out if cooper is that good or are we that bad. I saw a lot of opportunity for improvement on our side (that's me saying it as nicely as I can). I hope it's that Cooper is that good and they make a run. One, because I'd love to see them have a great year and shock the world! And two, because I dont want to believe this HHS team has this much "opportunity"! Hopefully HHS is good and they just ran into a buzz saw!

It could be a little of both. Remember this is a Cooper team that returns most of their starters from a semi finalist team last year. They are good with some question marks out there and Highlands is down from last year without Hoge. I wouldn't think HHS is that far away from straightening things out. I also think it was a great test for Cooper as they move up to 6A.

They need to put Gosney in and be done with Hergott. I don't know how many times I heard that in the stands last night. He isn't what they thought he would be.

Does the Highlands coaching staff have confidence in their QB? Seemed they abandoned the pass early after Hergott struggled. Do you let him work through it or try and run down 13-0?
O

 

Not many have a winning record against them. Cooper is in the minority. They played great and you should be proud. I am still trying to figure out if cooper is that good or are we that bad. I saw a lot of opportunity for improvement on our side (that's me saying it as nicely as I can). I hope it's that Cooper is that good and they make a run. One, because I'd love to see them have a great year and shock the world! And two, because I dont want to believe this HHS team has this much "opportunity"! Hopefully HHS is good and they just ran into a buzz saw!

 

Cooper made the semi finals last year and lost to a very good Pulaski County team and cooper was a dropped pass at the goal line from being down 3 in the game with 5 minutes to go. Cooper returned basically that whole team and got to have a whole off season to get better.

 

Highlands is a very good team and so is Cooper. They will be fine and I think people will realize that starting next week.

Way too much is made of early season results. Teams develope at different rates and it is way too early to talk about changing QBs. HHS has been blessed with a number of D1 QBs that were ready to win starting from game 1. This one it seems needs to develope. Patience!

Uh maybe. Especially without Mr. Smith. Just hope to get out of it with few injuries.

How does Cooper compare with Campbell County, which is HHS' next opponent?

Who is Mr. Smith?

 

I think he's in the wrong thread. May be looking for the NewCath/Scott thread.

They need to put Gosney in and be done with Hergott. I don't know how many times I heard that in the stands last night. He isn't what they thought he would be.

 

So put in a 5'7 QB over 6'4 Hergott? Seriously?

 

Those fans in the stands are simply spoiled rotten.

Manhandled? Were you there, no you were listening in Danville. Score should have been 20 to 10 at half, but greed enters the picture and you get an empty bag of nothing. Start off second half with a 3 and out and then once again you cannot move the ball on offense. Two late scores made the final lopsided when going for it on 4 and eternity from inside your own 30 and then throwing a pick on the very first play of the next possession.

 

Not sure how you could say Cooper's D didn't "manhandle" HHS. You must have watched a totally different game than I did. Agree with you about going into half 20-10. Should have kicked the FG... HHS has the kicker... Use him.

Size in the case didn't seem to matter when Gosney was out, However when 7 was out well the game speaks for itself

So put in a 5'7 QB over 6'4 Hergott? Seriously?

 

Those fans in the stands are simply spoiled rotten.

So put in a 5'7 QB over 6'4 Hergott? Seriously?

 

Those fans in the stands are simply spoiled rotten.

 

Hahaha that's funny. Not once did I hear anyone say they wanted to see Gosney in there. Now Mitchell Cain on the other hand. Heard lots of that rumbling going on.

 

Just curious, wonder what his Highlands back up plan if injuries become a factor. Also, there were so many issues with this team last night that they need to put them all behind them and focus on how to beat CC. Will be interesting for sure.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.