Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cooper 37 Highlands 13

Featured Replies

If anyone who has time warner and can record this game I will pay for a copy. Thanks and if it's UKfan who gets me a copy in will pay him

double just so he has to sit through watching it.

  • Replies 453
  • Views 69.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Didn't Barker win that game with about a minute to go HB? Didn't Coopers QB throw a pick to end it?

 

Really? I know you will never admit it because of your blinders, but for 47 minutes he was outplayed by Ludwig. Stats don't lie and neither does the fact that Conner was a MUCH better team that year than Cooper but they barely escaped with the win. No one is knocking Drew, but it is NOT impossible for him to have a bad game and get outplayed by another QB. It does, and did, happen.

 

But that was two years ago, both players and teams have moved on to bigger and better things.

Does the Highlands coaching staff have confidence in their QB? Seemed they abandoned the pass early after Hergott struggled. Do you let him work through it or try and run down 13-0?

You are kidding right about the injured Highlands players? Please name the boys injured and their possible contribution in this game? The kids I saw on the field tonight are the kids that would be starting on a 100% healthy roster. Or am I missing someone?

 

As far as the shenanigans on the sidelines, totally unacceptable if happened and I don't question if it did. Kinda like players wearing their uniform pants after last weeks game to Dixie Chili. Saw two players myself and heard up to 10. That's embarrassing. That's on the coaches! Who does that. Grow up boys!

Kids wearing gear to Skyline is on the players.

Cooper had 2 starting linemen leave the team a couple weeks ago.

 

As far as some HHS players showing their frustration, that will

happen but there was a moment during the game when the coaches see the film I'm sure will

adress concern to a couple HHS players. It was after the 2nd Hendrix INT there were 2

HHS players walking him off the field toward Cooper sidelines talking trash and running their mouths to Hendrix. The refs didn't see it because they were conferring over a flag at the end of the play. They were a little out of line but they were also frustrated in sure. Hard to keep your mouth shut sometimes in the heat of the moment.

Is there ever a Cooper win where HB doesn't complain about the other teams "sportsmanship?"

N

He said time warner sports channel did.They usually replay the games they show.
4:00 pm this afternoon on ch 510
How much does the showcasing of Beau Hoge last year in just about every game affect Hergott's Varsity experience?

 

Thinking back I don't remember too many games where there was a sizable enough lead to throw Hergott in for some snaps and even if there were I believe he was hurt on and off throughout the year. Was there really a need to "showcase" him anyways? He pretty much had BYU wrapped up after his first couple of starts.

 

The real question is how much does Beau doubling as the offensive coordinator last year hurt this years team?

Highlands you have a great team and will be fine this year.

Highlands has a very high bar. By Highlands standards, how is this team "great"? and what is the threshold for "fine" by the Highlands faithful? State Champs? Runner-up? 2 losses? 5 losses?

Does HHS only throw the ball 10 or more yards down the field?

Does HHS only throw the ball 10 or more yards down the field?

 

Yes. They love the 50 yard high arcing bomb, let the fast WR outrun everyone to it. I exagerate, of course, but there is a lot of truth in this also.

Is there ever a Cooper win where HB doesn't complain about the other teams "sportsmanship?"

Please read the post I replied to and also read what I actually said about frustration and I don't blame them at all and understand it completely.

 

I never even said the word "sportsmanship" nor did I say anything about "unsportsmanlike"

 

Thanks for trying to

stir the pot though

Edited by Hellbird

I did get to finally read the update thread this morning. That was entertaining to say the least lol. I think I will now read the prediction thread so I can smile.

Reading the prediction thread was entertaining to say the least.

 

My my favorite post was by our buddy UK#1 fan who said, and I quote "I'm cracking up at everyone picking Cooper"

The result was both Cooper is way up and Highlands is a bit down. Cooper was ballers. If this game was against an "up" highlands team (highlands standards) I think it goes either way.... against a lack luster showing your going to have a lopsided loss like this.

 

Hopefully the Birds use this loss to fuel the rest of the season.... seems like the OLine couldn't handle the load. Kendall proved he was good RB last year so there must be some holes in the OLine.... With Hebel on that Line there must be some serious holes.... Maybe Beal needs some touches on Offense, kid finds the endzone like every other time he touches the rock.. With the state of the art new facilities have the Birds lost their grit??

Yeah and when I tuned in it was 23-13 and then I heard sack, sack, sack, sack, interception, interception, sack etc etc. Let's not act like Highlands threatened to tie the game or came close to getting back in the game after they made it 23-13. Not to mention, starting off the second half with a 3 and out and not moving the ball in any manner is what I call getting manhandled. How did Highlands get their first score? Wasn't one a punt return or a score set up on a good punt return? Against a team that wasn't even ranked in the Top 10 in NKY? As of today Highlands has a ton of work to do and Pulaski County is only going to get better each week. We all know Highlands' pedigree and as VoR stated they could win those tough games on their schedule or they could lose 4 and it wouldn't be a surprise. Either way, let's not act like it is going to be a cake walk to Bowling Green. Much work to do. Tonight's loss is historic and I had multiple people tell me this was coming. I'll be watching closely to see how the Birds respond.

 

I respect your loyalty. Good luck this season.

 

Everything that you just described there was about the offense, was it not? You did not say the offense was manhandled, you said Highlands was manhandled. Thought the defense did a yeoman's job to keep the came as close as they did. You are right that work needs to be done in more ways than one.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.