Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cooper 37 Highlands 13

Featured Replies

That was me. It really stinks to see Highlands down, someone else said that no

Birds fans gave any warnings really on here, probably why we're all shocked.

 

there where warnings after X scrimmage, but HHS fans were holding out hope that it was just because X looked really really good.

  • Replies 453
  • Views 69.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

image.jpg
Anyone have pics of the highlands helmet and Cooper's uniforms
Really disappointed in this post. The run Highlands had is unprecedented in NKY. It can't last forever_

 

It's unprecedented just about any where. One game doesn't spell disaster for Highlands.

 

Somehow I doubt the Bluebirds are ready to pack it in after one loss to what seems to be a pretty solid Cooper team.

It goes back to depth we have been talking about for a couple years. This team has some really nice athletes, but nowhere near as many as they have in the past. That was the same last year. Someone said it in another post, Hoge covered up a lot of things last year. They don't have a Hoge this year.

I will say this. At the BGP NKY get together last Jan in Ft Thomas, several of you HHS fans did raise question marks about the QB position this season. Some said it would be a down year. I really wish Hergott the best and he did get a DI scholarship and I hope he does great at Central Michigan but just like 2 years ago against another DI QB Drew Barker when he faced Cooper, even Eric Thomas the ex Bengal doing sideline reporting that game said Coopers QB outperformed Barker the DI QB. Tonight the same thing happened. It was 2 first time varsity starting QB's. The one with no scholarship won the battle tonight.

Some of the comments in this thread remind of the Cooper 2012 team. I saw them destroy Ryle in the first game of the year and said I may have just seen the best team in N. Ky. People said I was crazy but that Cooper team made it to the state championship and gave Bowling Green a pretty good game. I see people here underestimating Cooper again. I am thinking Cooper might be that good.

 

After seeing T blow out Ensworth tonight at 45-0 with a running clock in the 3 QTR, Cooper better be careful of what they wish for. If your talking about NKY, right now they may be number one, but it's a long way before the season is over.

 

Again congrats to Cooper.

Just walked in the door as well. Had to eat to satisfy my Discomfort. lol! Cooper has a very nice team. They do a lot of things very well. Highlands is Highlands and we will be fine. Might have a few Speed Bumps, I mean roadblocks throughout the season but I'm thinking they will be right where they need to be to compete by the end of the season. Cooper's D is really good!

Anyone have pics of the highlands helmet and Cooper's uniforms

I tried to post pics on my phone of the new uniform but it is t working.

After seeing T blow out Ensworth tonight at 45-0 with a running clock in the 3 QTR, Cooper better be careful of what they wish for. If your talking about NKY, right now they may be number one, but it's a long way before the season is over.

 

Again congrats to Cooper.

Cooper would take another run to the championship game. I don't think they'd be sorry for wishing for that.

Folks are implying that Highlands is in a bad way. How about Cooper returning 15+ starters, playing at home, and it's week 1.

 

I recall a covcath team beating my Dixie Heights Colonels like a drum in game one last year....and what happened next was a magnificent run to a state championship game. The Birds will be fine unless come week 6 they've lost a couple more.

 

Is the Cooper QB a sophomore or senior?

Some of the comments in this thread remind of the Cooper 2012 team. I saw them destroy Ryle in the first game of the year and said I may have just seen the best team in N. Ky. People said I was crazy but that Cooper team made it to the state championship and gave Bowling Green a pretty good game. I see people here underestimating Cooper again. I am thinking Cooper might be that good.

Something else similar to that 2012 team. They started the season not being ranked in the NKY top 10 Poll

either.

Looking at Highlands schedule.......I can understand if there is concern in Ft. Thomas right now. It's not like they lost by a TD or two. They were manhandled. I could see them losing 5 games.

And also let's keep in mind Highlands had several boys sitting on the side lines. How many players did cooper have out? I seen some pretty big boys sitting out for the birds. However I would like to add this much Highlands had several players throwing helmets punching benches and acting shameful. That needs to be addressed. That is poor sportsman ship and should not be put up with

How much does the showcasing of Beau Hoge last year in just about every game affect Hergott's Varsity experience?

After seeing T blow out Ensworth tonight at 45-0 with a running clock in the 3 QTR, Cooper better be careful of what they wish for. If your talking about NKY, right now they may be number one, but it's a long way before the season is over.

 

Again congrats to Cooper.

 

I did say N. Ky. in my post, didn't I? Just sayin' ... don't underestimate how good Cooper may be.

 

And no, I would not pick Cooper to beat Trinity.

Folks are implying that Highlands is in a bad way. How about Cooper returning 15+ starters, playing at home, and it's week 1.

 

I recall a covcath team beating my Dixie Heights Colonels like a drum in game one last year....and what happened next was a magnificent run to a state championship game. The Birds will be fine unless come week 6 they've lost a couple more.

 

Is the Cooper QB a sophomore or senior?

 

Looking at Highlands schedule.......I can understand if there is concern in Ft. Thomas right now. It's not like they lost by a TD or two. They were manhandled. I could see them losing 5 games.

 

PP92 ... read the post above yours here.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.