Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cooper 37 Highlands 13

Featured Replies

  • Replies 453
  • Views 69.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Manhandled? Were you there, no you were listening in Danville. Score should have been 20 to 10 at half, but greed enters the picture and you get an empty bag of nothing. Start off second half with a 3 and out and then once again you cannot move the ball on offense. Two late scores made the final lopsided when going for it on 4 and eternity from inside your own 30 and then throwing a pick on the very first play of the next possession.

 

Yeah and when I tuned in it was 23-13 and then I heard sack, sack, sack, sack, interception, interception, sack etc etc. Let's not act like Highlands threatened to tie the game or came close to getting back in the game after they made it 23-13. Not to mention, starting off the second half with a 3 and out and not moving the ball in any manner is what I call getting manhandled. How did Highlands get their first score? Wasn't one a punt return or a score set up on a good punt return? Against a team that wasn't even ranked in the Top 10 in NKY? As of today Highlands has a ton of work to do and Pulaski County is only going to get better each week. We all know Highlands' pedigree and as VoR stated they could win those tough games on their schedule or they could lose 4 and it wouldn't be a surprise. Either way, let's not act like it is going to be a cake walk to Bowling Green. Much work to do. Tonight's loss is historic and I had multiple people tell me this was coming. I'll be watching closely to see how the Birds respond.

 

I respect your loyalty. Good luck this season.

Were there, lets hear some more of your expert analysis since you seem to have all the answers about how "bad" this senior class is. I guess it sucks in every sport at HHS doesn't it?

I think they were pointed out by you, me, and others in the thread after X scrimmage. QB not able to move offense because of poor decisions, poor accuracy, total pocket passer with no wheels( not saying he can't improve but it will take a lot). RB's run east and west.( O line might have something to do with that, but do not see playmaker at RB). Do not see playmaker at WR. Just do not see skills players on O. D looks pretty good except for a couple big plays they gave up. Problem is they are on the field all game because of O inability to do anything.

As for HHS sucking in every sport, not sure what that is suppose to mean, but I can't think of any sport highlands has not excelled in at some time or another.

WOW ! Congrats to Cooper from your Raceland connection !

From TSFootball

 

Seth Keller 9 tackles

Aidan 7 tackles, 1 INT, 1 catch, 35 yards on third down

Marcus Watson 7 tackles

More stats will be posted tomorrow I'm sure. I know Cooper had 4 INTs, pressure definitely threw HHS off

I can see it. The last time I saw a Highlands team lose like this to a KY team was in the state finals in 2003 to Boyle County.

 

I remember that HHS team.

 

I'm just now thawed out from the semifinal game.

PP92 ... read the post above yours here.

 

Unfortunately that gauntlet always ends with Trinity. Very rarely does it not end with T holding a trophy as Dixie was reminded last year. That's NOT at all a shot at last year's Dixie team because they thumped my Pioneers twice. It's simply a fact of KY's big school football if you want to be the best you start by besting teams from Louisville (usually one of the big 3) then you do it against Trinity. Easier said than done.

 

Scott County made some noise as of late but that's being broken up. Will be interesting to see how things play out.

Come on brother. I know it's a team sport but without Beau Hoge last year they go 500. Showcased? So is that what everyone would of said if Beau would of struggled early on. Blame it on the year before? Beau was better than people think. Beau was Special! Sit through 1 film session with Beau Hoge as a critic of his and I bet you wouldn't have the courage to do it twice. Half the battle is preperation and knowing the game. You played the position right? Could you imagine how good Beau would of been as a 3 year starter?

 

If I was the Current QB at Highlands and just had 2 very mediocre weeks at my position, the First thing I would do on Sat morning would re- evaluate how I approach the Game.....Period! Start with that...

 

I think you misunderstood my post so I will try to be more clear. Beau carried that team on his shoulders and week In week out he was the best player on th e field hands down. I would definitely hang my hat on his ability to help me win a game. My question was were there any games where the Birds were in control enough for him to maybe take off the shoulder pads and get some work in for this yrs starter? I'm not saying he shouldn't have been out there. Trust me Beau was an impact player just as Towles was while in the position. Maybe if I look back at the games from last yr none of them warranted Beau coming out. Probably shouldn't have used tge word showcase because it seems you took it as he was being used inappropriately. The concern is the backup QB not having enough Varsity experience so I was curious if having to use Beau so much in that spot hurt the development of Hergott. That is truly what I meant. To me you showcase your best player and ride that horse til it quits.

I will say this. At the BGP NKY get together last Jan in Ft Thomas' date=' several of you HHS fans did raise question marks about the QB position this season. Some said it would be a down year. I really wish Hergott the best and he did get a DI scholarship and I hope he does great at Central Michigan but just like 2 years ago against another DI QB Drew Barker when he faced Cooper, even Eric Thomas the ex Bengal doing sideline reporting that game said Coopers QB outperformed Barker the DI QB. Tonight the same thing happened. It was 2 first time varsity starting QB's. The one with no scholarship won the battle tonight.[/quote']

 

Didn't Barker win that game with about a minute to go HB? Didn't Coopers QB throw a pick to end it?

Good job Cooper. You took care of business and did it respectfully. Beating Highlands is no easy task and you guys accomplished that. Now go out and keep surprising people.

I'd put Ryle #4

 

Nope,

1)Ryle, SK, Cooper

2)CCH

3)Highlands, Conner

First Congrats to Cooper a very good team and terrific defense! I was in the camp that this season was coming for HHS not surprised. Hebel, Dougherty, Beal, Robinson need to at least see a few series on the other side of the ball vice versa. HHS defense played pretty well other than a few big and a couple of broken plays and a few missed tackles. HHS best offense was the kicker and punt return. The magic man forgot his wand. The Birds were manhandled in the trenches,. Tried to switch E to W more N to S after half, did not work. QB not ready for that stage without running game. Bad reads, forced passes and missed down field receivers. Continue to work and improve it is still early! Lastly congrats again Cooper, boy was I impressed with the defense, rb the little engine that could and the play calling. Best kept secret in NKY . Shout to Hendrix!

Here is what I will find interesting after this game:

 

Does Highlands abandon the two platoon system and try to have playmakers/athletes go both ways in an effort to get some offense and to shore up some defensive gaps? They may not have enough depth this year to not consider that. Of course the downside is if they run into a team that can platoon in the playoffs.......but they may need to make changes to get that far.

 

For Cooper they had some players who just gutted out never coming off the field. And especially on a warm night and in the first game. Their coach even mentioned how gassed they were at halftime. We all know that two-way players have been the death of NKY teams when encountering Louisville powerhouse teams. So it will be interesting to see how Cooper evolves as the season progresses. They have the core group that has the talent, but can they build depth upon that and make a deep playoff run?

Didn't Barker win that game with about a minute to go HB? Didn't Coopers QB throw a pick to end it?

Yes, but as the sidinw reporter stated the Cooper QB was the better QB that night. Nothing taken away from Drew

so please don't read it that way. I was

pointing out that even DI QB's

can be topped by non scholarship qb's

at times. It happens.

 

if winning is all that matters to be the better QB in a game then I will say your right in 2012 but then 2011 another non scholarship QB for Cooper near a DI QB Drew Barker when Tyler Morris won.

 

I know you know what I mean and it wasn't belittling Drew at all.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.