Cooper 37 Highlands 13

Guest LSPM89
You said over and over and OVER again Cooper would get crushed. I told you this offseason don't sell them short. Highlands is still Highlands and I knew if Cooper would beat them it would ruin your thunder because SK was supposed to be the only team that can beat HHS.

Coopers r defense was the MVP. They only allowed 1 offensive TD tonight. highlands first score was a punt return where Cooper only had 10 guys on the field.

Highlands will

be fine. They are fast, I mean very very fast. Highlands swarms to the ball and will give teams fits this season. I wouldn't want to be Highlands next opponent, the beast has been woken.

I really think you are selling Highlands too much to make your team seem better. This HHS team is NO where near the teams of the past decade.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SK # 1 in No. Ky. no doubt!

I don't know.... there is this team called cooper that is tough as nails.

if Highlands is down or not Cooper bossed it. SK better pack a lunch when cooper week rolls around. wow... dominated...

I hope my birds recover and learn from this one... you can go one direction or another from here work hard learn from this one.

How did Hebel play?

And I'm not saying this as an excuse, but we were commenting on how slow this team looked compared to the last few years. But maybe that was Cooper making them appear that way.

They closed great. No big holes all night because the defense would

hust collapse in Cooper whenever they thought they had daylight.

Can we get some QB stats for both teams and who started for Cooper? I saw a sophomore and a senior get reps in a preseason 7-on-7.

Nathan Brown started for Cooper and his first pass from scrimmage was a 72 yard TD. He did pretty well. Hergott will be fine for HHS. He just faced a pretty good defense. He has a nice deep ball but also forced some into coverage at times. They brought in another QB on their last drive but he threw a int on his first throw. I don't have stats but HHS threw 4 Int's Cooper had 0 INT's. Not sure on yards or TD passes.

On another note, in Highlands last four games going back to last year, they have given up 37 tonight, 42, 26, and 34. They have some problems on defense, plain and simple.

It goes back to depth we have been talking about for a couple years. This team has some really nice athletes, but nowhere near as many as they have in the past. That was the same last year. Someone said it in another post, Hoge covered up a lot of things last year. They don't have a Hoge this year.

Guest LSPM89
Highlands speed really impressed me.... Did I say that already?

Even their busses were already pulling out of the lot before cooper

even got off the field lol. Thought that was kinda funny...sorry but it was. Everything about HHS was fast tonight.

I guess HHS fans have been spoiled if you think this team is fast, because it does not come close to past 10 years

On a side note. Coopers new Uniforms are SICK!

it was pretty cool how the players found out about them. They didn't know they had new uniforms and when they came off the field after pre game into the locker room their new uniforms were waiting for them at their lockers. They changed and came out to start the game in their Gray on Gray uni's. Pretty sweet.

They closed great. No big holes all night because the defense would

hust collapse in Cooper whenever they thought they had daylight.

They do, but not as fast of a team as a whole. Or at least what we've seen in the past.

It goes back to depth we have been talking about for a couple years. This team has some really nice athletes' date=' but nowhere near as many as they have in the past. That was the same last year. Someone said it in another post, Hoge covered up a lot of things last year. They don't have a Hoge this year.[/quote']

That was me. It really stinks to see Highlands down, someone else said that no

Birds fans gave any warnings really on here, probably why we're all shocked.

Some of the comments in this thread remind of the Cooper 2012 team. I saw them destroy Ryle in the first game of the year and said I may have just seen the best team in N. Ky. People said I was crazy but that Cooper team made it to the state championship and gave Bowling Green a pretty good game. I see people here underestimating Cooper again. I am thinking Cooper might be that good.

That was me. It really stinks to see Highlands down, someone else said that no

Birds fans gave any warnings really on here, probably why we're all shocked.

There are some on here that have been saying for about 2 years now that it was going to get interesting after the Hoge class. Some even felt last year was questionable, but Hoge took care of that.

Jbwill aside, it's 40+ posts into a Highlands results thread, and crickets from Ft. Thomas.

What are you wanting to hear? The obvious has already been stated.

Cooper played great and Highlands not so great, end of story.

The sun will come up in the fort, just like always. The Birds will work on improving, just like always.

Nothing to talk about on the CCH thread tonight? How can you hear the crickets chirping in Park Hills when your listening to the ones in Fort Thomas? :lol2: