2015-16 Winter Outlook

nWo

I thought it would be nice to look at some of the first winter weather outlooks for this upcoming winter. Now this is just an outlook and not a prediction. Most, if not all, experts are comparing this year's El Nino to the one back in 1997-98. They are saying this will beat that record El Nino quite handily. In February of 1998 parts of Kentucky had around 2ft of snow on the ground.

Let me say this. I'm not saying we'll get that much snow. It is way too early to predict any accumulations but if past history is any indicator and most experts are saying it is. We are in for a bad winter here in Kentucky.

2015-2016 Winter Weather Outlook

maxresdefault.jpg

February 1998 Snow Accumulations

6a0148c78b79ee970c017c369eb8ea970b-pi.png

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought it would be nice to look at some of the first winter weather outlooks for this upcoming winter. Now this is just an outlook and not a prediction. Most, if not all, experts are comparing this year's El Nino to the one back in 1997-98. They are saying this will beat that record El Nino quite handily. In February of 1998 parts of Kentucky had around 2ft of snow on the ground.

Let me say this. I'm not saying we'll get that much snow. It is way too early to predict any accumulations but if past history is any indicator and most experts are saying it is. We are in for a bad winter here in Kentucky.

2015-2016 Winter Weather Outlook

[ATTACH]51743[/ATTACH]

February 1998 Snow Accumulations

[ATTACH=CONFIG]51742[/ATTACH]

:dancingpa

I was looking at one outlook this morning. It says that this winter will start out mild. December temps could be warmer than usual. It also shows at least 1, maybe2, major ice storms in January. Then February the temps will turn to colder than normal. It also is saying that snowfall totals look to be higher than normal for the entire state.

Now don't forget we still have several months to go and the outlooks will change as we get closer.

So based on the map nWo, it looks like Nky and Cincy should be spared a bit compared to the rest of Ky?? Also, how about Indianapolis? I have a daughter there...

Indianapolis weather really depends on the southern jet stream. The outlook says for that area you may see weather warm enough to go with no coat then a couple of days later shoveling ice and snow.

Cincinnati and southern Ohio are in an interesting spot for this upcoming winter. Those in that area maybe in for a big snow and ice season. This looks to begin around late January with a chance for ice storm then or early February. February looks to be the snowiest month.

Indianapolis weather really depends on the southern jet stream. The outlook says for that area you may see weather warm enough to go with no coat then a couple of days later shoveling ice and snow.

Cincinnati and southern Ohio are in an interesting spot for this upcoming winter. Those in that area maybe in for a big snow and ice season. This looks to begin around late January with a chance for ice storm then or early February. February looks to be the snowiest month.

Thanks nWo. I was looking at the 1998 map too:)!