FIFA Executives arrested on corruption charges

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What are the odds of at least one suicide or death caused by medical reasons due to the charges? I hear one of the guys charged is 87 and isn't very healthy right now. Blatter is getting a lot of pressure to resign now as well.

I say have a revote on the 2018 and 2022 World Cup, have them in countries that already have stadiums, or a few countries in Europe can fill one of the years. If they don't stop the vote tomorrow and Blatter doesn't go, and they don't take back the next two host countries, the other countries should walk and set up a new organization. Which is exactly what we need to do with the UN, have every respectable country leave, but that is for another thread.

Now comes the really revolting part: the efforts of other deeply corrupt people to make moves that advantage them while painting it as outrage over the FIFA corruption scandals.

UEFA president Michel Platini said this morning that if Sepp Blatter wins re-election, the European federations will meet to discuss the future of Euope's relations with FIFA. What makes that so priceless is that Michel Platini voted for Qatar 2022 and shortly after the vote, Platini's son got a big-time job with a Qatari conglomerate.

^ They has to be the end of FIFA right? They can't possible rid the organization of all the corruption and start fresh.

Zero percent chance this is the end of FIFA. They won't have to rid the organization of corruption because none of the primary sponsors have backed out of the World Cup and people the world over will still watch. The money is still there and thus so are the money-grubbers.

Three major reasons why no one at FIFA really has to take this seriously: Coca-Cola, Visa, McDonalds. They've each issued statements about the "deep concern" they have for various issues surrounding FIFA but none have made serious efforts to force FIFA's hand. Their joint sponsorships are worth about $100 million per World Cup. If one of them pulls out, then I'll think change is in the air.

There are a few sponsors at the $10-$20 million level that bailed back in December and January, but they'll find replacements for those. If one of their major partners, specifically one of the three above, actually bails, then they'll have to do something.

We know for a fact that there are actual slaves building stadiums in Qatar and that they are dying on the job in appalling numbers... most of the sponsors -- many of which are American companies -- have said nothing.

Did anyone see the show on one of the ESPN channels last night? I think it was a 30 for 30. I was surfing and came across it. Pretty interesting and disgusting at the same time.

I missed it, but would hazard a guess that we will have several opportunities to catch it in the near future.

Did anyone see the show on one of the ESPN channels last night? I think it was a 30 for 30. I was surfing and came across it. Pretty interesting and disgusting at the same time.

Was it the E:60 show by Jeremy Schaap? I think it originally ran a couple of weeks ago. It was very good and looked very bad for FIFA.

Was it the E:60 show by Jeremy Schaap? I think it originally ran a couple of weeks ago. It was very good and looked very bad for FIFA.

I don't know as it wasn't the show that was listed in the online information for that time slot. I only caught part of it as I wanted to watch the entire show at a later time. They had recordings of FIFA members fishing for bribes.