Mason County girls Coach Piper Lyndsey

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO it should be Rabbit's job, he's been coaching these girls to success since 2nd grade.

Can't say I'm shocked that Piper is gone, I've heard things from practices and such that are very unprofessional. But whoever the next coach is they will have the opportunity to make history at Mason County.

I'm good friends with him in PK. He would be an excellent hire. I don't think he's interested.

Who would not be interested Rabbit or PK? You have to think that job would draw interest from all around. Especially with the ore group being only Juniors next season. I think they both will be interested but we all know Rabbit won't get a second look. PK on the other hand :idunno:

Not much mention in Maysville's almost-daily newspaper:

Piper Lindsey, leading the Mason County girls' basketball team to the 2015 final four of the Sweet 16, will not return to the high school next year.

Nothing to see here folks ... move along.

Not much mention in Maysville's almost-daily newspaper:

Piper Lindsey, leading the Mason County girls' basketball team to the 2015 final four of the Sweet 16, will not return to the high school next year.

Nothing to see here folks ... move along.

I was just thinking the same thing. But you have to understand that the only thing that really matters to the Maysville newspaper publication is their boys basketball and football at times. The girls program has to win a regional to get any recognition in their own home town newspaper. Even the radio station WFTM who usually is a great source of sporting news and information is tight lipped at the moment.

I did hear budget cuts were a factor but something defintitly smells funny in Maysville right now.

I was just thinking the same thing. But you have to understand that the only thing that really matters to the Maysville newspaper publication is their boys basketball and football at times. The girls program has to win a regional to get any recognition in their own home town newspaper. Even the radio station WFTM who usually is a great source of sporting news and information is tight lipped at the moment.

I did hear budget cuts were a factor but something defintitly smells funny in Maysville right now.

I guess it's really hard for the radio folks to really be unbiased. You would think honest journalism would rule, but when you have been covering the team's boys games for so long, you probably feel like you have to walk on pins and needles when it comes to actually doing some reporting and putting the real story out there or risk severing your ties/relationships.