Mason County girls Coach Piper Lyndsey

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^

Please explain young man

Simple. I don't know whether it's a state requirement for a head basketball coach to be a teacher, or if there are different prerequisites in different districts.

She could teach at a school where she was the only gym teacher... She just was less experienced of the two at MC.

I'm sure a school will make room for a young coach with a final 4 on her resume...

What is being eliminated state wide?

I had heard this position was being eliminated thru budget cuts at high schools and middle schools throughout the state. Don't know how much better I can word that.

Does this action reflect a lack of value on athletics by school or district administration? If it is this easy for a school district to let go of a successful, tenured coach like this others should probably reflect on their commitments. I don't like the message that is being sent by this action. Effort should have been made to find this coach a day job withing the school system.

I had heard this position was being eliminated thru budget cuts at high schools and middle schools throughout the state. Don't know how much better I can word that.

Are you trying to say that the state is cutting 2nd PE teachers at individual schools? Like the Ky BOE is trying to tell schools they can only have 1 PE teacher? I really do not think the system works like that. Is it up to the school district to allocate their teaching positions. Unless her teaching position is paid through a grant from the state and the grant is no longer being funded.

This is not a state wide cut. It may be a Mason County cut but not state wide.

Does this action reflect a lack of value on athletics by school or district administration? If it is this easy for a school district to let go of a successful, tenured coach like this others should probably reflect on their commitments. I don't like the message that is being sent by this action. Effort should have been made to find this coach a day job withing the school system.

If they really wanted her to return, I would think Mason County could have found those resources, unless the new STEAM Academy is stretching the budget too thin. As an outsider, I had heard back during the season there was turmoil within that program and had heard there might be a change at the end of the season. I just thought with their post-season run, any discussion of letting her go went out the window.

She will get a job this is a joke! Final Four and let go! This is why you don't coach at MC! I love how people comment and say won't happen and have no dog in the fight! She will be back coaching and do great things for sure! They could have kept her if they really wanted her!

Could it be related to school budget or to her teaching ability? Not saying those were factors, just playing the card. With the way budgets have been most schools have been cutting fat. Maybe they didn't need an extra P.E. teacher. Not saying that to be the case, but it could've been that. Hard to let someone go when they went to a Final Four.