Mason County girls Coach Piper Lyndsey

The whole "money and tenured teachers" thing doesn't really hold water. A 5-year teacher isn't significantly more expensive than a 4-year teacher.

I have absolutely no inside knowledge, but would hazard a guess that money doesn't play a role in the decision.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole "money and tenured teachers" thing doesn't really hold water. A 5-year teacher isn't significantly more expensive than a 4-year teacher.

I have absolutely no inside knowledge, but would hazard a guess that money doesn't play a role in the decision.

It does when after that (+1 day) you have a harder time terminating said teacher. Before tenure they are allowed to not renew the contract just because, no reason need be given. Tenure teachers that is a different story.

Also, at 5 years said teacher will have to have started their masters certificate, and complete it by year 10. At that point you move to rank 2 (when masters is complete) and therefore get a wage increase.

My understanding is that the coach was fired for several reasons based on observations and complaints. Specifically, she was not doing her job as a PE teacher as she was seen on more than one occasion using her phone during class. The school felt she was not an appropriate role model based on her behavior towards young women. Questions were also raised about her boundaries with students.

Finally a reason she was let go.

My understanding is that the coach was fired for several reasons based on observations and complaints. Specifically, she was not doing her job as a PE teacher as she was seen on more than one occasion using her phone during class. The school felt she was not an appropriate role model based on her behavior towards young women. Questions were also raised about her boundaries with students.

This maybe the case, as I pointed out before, it sounds like this was a teaching decision and not a coaching one. Its hard for some to differentiate the two.

It does when after that (+1 day) you have a harder time terminating said teacher. Before tenure they are allowed to not renew the contract just because, no reason need be given. Tenure teachers that is a different story.

Also, at 5 years said teacher will have to have started their masters certificate, and complete it by year 10. At that point you move to rank 2 (when masters is complete) and therefore get a wage increase.

Not as much as you think. I spent about 12,000 dollars on my Rank 2 and it added a whopping 125 dollars to my paycheck. The Rank 1 addition is a little more substantial.

Not as much as you think. I spent about 12,000 dollars on my Rank 2 and it added a whopping 125 dollars to my paycheck. The Rank 1 addition is a little more substantial.

Over time it does, but the cost of college is outrageous anymore. I don't understand anyone that wants to go past the Rank II other than having a larger payment towards retirement.

Back to the discussion. Are there any teaching positions open in Western Kentucky that might have a coaching position with it?

Almost 7 pages of posts and no serious candidates have been mentioned, either because of no teaching degree or just plain ridiculous. Who are the legit top 2 or 3? I think this could be a name we haven't heard, unlike the Football and Basketball Coaching hires.

Almost 7 pages of posts and no serious candidates have been mentioned, either because of no teaching degree or just plain ridiculous. Who are the legit top 2 or 3? I think this could be a name we haven't heard, unlike the Football and Basketball Coaching hires.

I really think it's Brad Cox's job to turn down. If he says no, then we can discuss candidates.

I really think it's Brad Cox's job to turn down. If he says no, then we can discuss candidates.

That's the only serious name have seen mentioned and it was just recently.

Does this decision have to be made fairly quickly or not?

Augusta still hasn't named a Boys Coach, so assume it could go into the end of May anyway.

I think it's Brad Cox job as well, which would be along the lines as the Thomas(football) and Biggs(basketball) coaching hires. No big surprises and part of/familiar with Mason County.

More interested in seeing where Lindsay ends up