Mason County girls Coach Piper Lyndsey

Has anyone heard the rumor that Brad Cox could be taking over the girls? I heard it yesterday but I don't see it happening.

It would be a good gig for him. Im also hearing that Patrick Kelsch is indeed interested or at least thats the rumor. Maybe already applied or at the minimum reached out to the Mason Co. people or they have reached out to him :idunno:. Of course all hear say at this point. I dont know if its even posted as of yet.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, as mentioned earlier the elimination of her position in H/PE must be a district only decision. We have 4 fulltime H/PE teachers @ our school & could use more if we had the room. State BOE doesn't dictate how many per subject area a school must have, it is dependent on the numbers of the school population.

Actually. The position is not being eliminated, that was misinformation, my apologies for that...

It would be a good gig for him. Im also hearing that Patrick Kelsch is indeed interested or at least thats the rumor. Maybe already applied or at the minimum reached out to the Mason Co. people or they have reached out to him :idunno:. Of course all hear say at this point. I dont know if its even posted as of yet.

Hope this isn't true, because I've heard if he went BCummins would follow.

Unfortunately I've heard the same thing. I don't like that move but it's not my decision to make. Hopefully this is all rumor especially the Cummins part.

If she does however it catapults Mason Co. Way ahead of the pack in the 10th.

So, they fired a final 4 coach for nothing then.

No, Its sounding like she was let go, before she became tenure, common practice in many school districts, specifically in that area of the state.

Mason Co schools are in bad shape, very bad, Im being told most non tenure teachers will be losing their jobs this year.

Unfortunately I've heard the same thing. I don't like that move but it's not my decision to make. Hopefully this is all rumor especially the Cummins part.

If she does however it catapults Mason Co. Way ahead of the pack in the 10th.

You guys and your rumors :lol2:

While I can't speak for anyone involved. I find it a little crazy Kelsch leaving Brooksville, but I thought it was insane when I heard Piper was out. So I have been wrong before. If he does apply and go to Mason I wish him nothing but the best.

Cummins on the other hand I seriously doubt she goes anywhere. Why going into her senior year and with all the Lady Bear records she holds and will continue to add on to would she want to leave the good things her and her team mates can accomplish next season. Just does not make any sense. She is a great kid, and if she was to go again I will wish her nothing but the best as well. I just don't think I will have to worry about that though. Like I said before stranger things have happened and I have been wrong before.

Edited by gold sunrise
Rule #13

My understanding is that the coach was fired for several reasons based on observations and complaints. Specifically, she was not doing her job as a PE teacher as she was seen on more than one occasion using her phone during class. The school felt she was not an appropriate role model based on her behavior towards young women. Questions were also raised about her boundaries with students.