Dirty birds punishment. **poll only**

Pile Driver

Do you agree with the reported punishment of 3 suspension days and 5 game suspension?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with the reported punishment of 3 suspension days and 5 game suspension?

• Too light, should be more
    • Just right, it is fair
    • Too hard, should be less

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait I missed this. Why can't the victim play baseball?

He quit after the incident. Obviously if he wanted to stay on a team with people that sprayed, doused or poured urine on him he COULD play. Can't say I would want to be on a team with people that did that.

If you're legitimately asking why he can't play then I apologize if my response was snarky. This whole semantics thing is getting tired.

Looks like 3 people have so far...:idunno:

I for one didn't defend it. I just think the punishment is appropriate. I'm quite sure there will also be additional punishment coming from the coach and the offenders parents as well. There is so much grandstanding in this and the previous thread it is becoming comical. It was a really dumb choice by kids who are at the peak of their poor decision abilities, in a group setting which further lessens the chance of good decision making. I'd venture to say that many taking the hardline stances were guilty of something at least close to as stupid and offensive when they were similar ages. We still have guys in the MLB giving each other the "hot foot" which is far more dangerous in my opinion but we expect, adult, mature behavior out of high school kids. They made a mistake, sufferred the punishments and hopefully learned their lessons. I always thought that was how the process worked but it looks like we are moving toward elimating educational and extra-curricular opportunites everytime a kid does something bone headed.

I for one didn't defend it. I just think the punishment is appropriate. I'm quite sure there will also be additional punishment coming from the coach and the offenders parents as well. There is so much grandstanding in this and the previous thread it is becoming comical. It was a really dumb choice by kids who are at the peak of their poor decision abilities, in a group setting which further lessens the chance of good decision making. I'd venture to say that many taking the hardline stances were guilty of something at least close to as stupid and offensive when they were similar ages. We still have guys in the MLB giving each other the "hot foot" which is far more dangerous in my opinion but we expect, adult, mature behavior out of high school kids. They made a mistake, sufferred the punishments and hopefully learned their lessons. I always thought that was how the process worked but it looks like we are moving toward elimating educational and extra-curricular opportunites everytime a kid does something bone headed.

I hope you are correct, but according to some posters on here, who seem to be in the know, it is a done deal. All punishment from School and Coach has been handed out.

It's not a poor decision. It's a lack of basic human decency.

Anything short of being removed from the team tells me the coach is a coward who values winning above all else.

I hope you are correct, but according to some posters on here, who seem to be in the know, it is a done deal. All punishment from School and Coach has been handed out.

I took it he was alluding to some type of running sprints punishment from the coach.

He quit after the incident. Obviously if he wanted to stay on a team with people that sprayed, doused or poured urine on him he COULD play. Can't say I would want to be on a team with people that did that.

If you're legitimately asking why he can't play then I apologize if my response was snarky. This whole semantics thing is getting tired.

I didn't realize he quit. I am just now catching up on these threads.

The

Now things have crossed the line and these threads need to be closed down for good. Move on people, it is over and done with.

Come on Joat. There absolutely no way you would let this go if you had a kid on a team and this happened to them. You would be lighting someone up. Do I hate it for the kid, absolutely and if there are any kids giving him grief about it, they should be punished as well. If we all just swept this under the rug then it would continue. Just as with any school, this crap, maybe not to this extreme, happens at HHS all the time and needs to stop. And not just with the baseball team but from the dance team thru football and all in between. It's not that difficult, suspend all involved in the bullying, kick the kids off the team and if they or anyone harasses the kid... Expulsion is next... = life lesson