Dirty birds punishment. **poll only**

Pile Driver

Do you agree with the reported punishment of 3 suspension days and 5 game suspension?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with the reported punishment of 3 suspension days and 5 game suspension?

• Too light, should be more
    • Just right, it is fair
    • Too hard, should be less

Now things have crossed the line and these threads need to be closed down for good. Move on people, it is over and done with.

How so? People aren't allowed to voice their displeasure about the joke of a punishment they handed down? It's pathetic that these losers get to continue with their athletic careers and the victim in the incident doesn't. It's indefensible.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The punishment is an absolute joke.

The victim can't play baseball, but the moronic losers that did it get to? How's that justice?

No one made the victim quit. I'm not saying he shouldn't have, but it's not like he's NOT ALLOWED to play.

How so? People aren't allowed to voice their displeasure about the joke of a punishment they handed down? It's pathetic that these losers get to continue with their athletic careers and the victim in the incident doesn't. It's indefensible.

How about that the kid and his family want it over and done with? Will you and others not be satisfied until that kid does something? Cannot make it any simpler than that. School board has nothing to do with this nor does the KHSAA. Admin took facts, set punishment and everyone has moved on except for those on here that cannot understand that.

Perhaps these threads are teetering on harassment or bullying since people refuse to acknowledge the fact that the family and kid want to move on.

No one made the victim quit. I'm not saying he shouldn't have, but it's not like he's NOT ALLOWED to play.

Right, because being on a team with idiots who can't even treat a teammate with basic human decency sounds like a swell way to spend time. Those responsible still being on the team is pretty much the coach and school forcing him to quit.

How about that the kid and his family want it over and done with? Will you and others not be satisfied until that kid does something? Cannot make it any simpler than that. School board has nothing to do with this nor does the KHSAA. Admin took facts, set punishment and everyone has moved on except for those on here that cannot understand that.

Perhaps these threads are teetering on harassment or bullying since people refuse to acknowledge the fact that the family and kid want to move on.

As long as the morons that did it are allowed to play while the other young man feels uncomfortable to do so these threads will probably not die.

WOW. If he feels that he had to quit because of the situation and the jackwagons that caused that are still on the team then he has basically been told he's not wanted on the team.

Extremely weak. I don't think they should be kicked out of school but needed a longer suspension and should never be allowed to wear a Highlands uniform again.

I already sent my email. Everyone who is spouting off about the lack of punishment, etc. should be doing the same whether you have kids at HHS or not.

Great minds think alike. :clap:

Now things have crossed the line and these threads need to be closed down for good. Move on people, it is over and done with.

I believe you feel that is the case, and for many they probably feel the same way (or at least hope that is the case). However, I do not feel the same way. Often something that is believed to be a closed issue - Ray Rice for an example - is reopened when new evidence or even public outcry is too great. So, while I respect your belief that this is a closed issue, I think it may be too early to state that as emphatically as you are (and in reality I hope you are wrong as I feel the punishment is too light.)

And that is teaching the 5 players... what? Why do some want this to "just go away?" By doing so is only going to create more attention.

I applaud the HHS and Fort Thomas people who think that the punishment is too light. But for some wanting this to go away? From the looks of the Tweets there is an issue, and as All Tell has asked in the other thread, a culture.