Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dirty birds punishment. **poll only**

Do you agree with the reported punishment of 3 suspension days and 5 game suspension? 66 members have voted

  1. 1. Do you agree with the reported punishment of 3 suspension days and 5 game suspension?

    • Too light, should be more
      92%
    • Just right, it is fair
      7%
    • Too hard, should be less
      0%
      0

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Would the results differ in the poll if the votes weren't public?

 

I would think so

  • Replies 58
  • Views 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does the school have an Alternative school? If this was to happen at ours I guarantee they would have been put in there and that would cause them to miss even more games.

It's not a poor decision. It's a lack of basic human decency.

 

Anything short of being removed from the team tells me the coach is a coward who values winning above all else.

 

I see being over dramatic made its way to this thread.

I see being over dramatic made its way to this thread.

 

I see nothing over dramatic about what UKMustangFan said.

 

It was a poor decision, which I think we all realize he is not outright denying...he's saying it was more than a poor decision. I don't disagree.

 

It shows a lack of basic human decency. I agree. If you want to argue that treating someone with basic human decency does, in fact, include peeing in a bottle, microwaving it, and then dumping it on an unwitting, sleeping kid....then the floor is yours, sir.

 

And I think it could easily be argued that the coach is showing that they value winning over putting bullies and harassers in their place. I think that is a VERY easy statement to make, because if he didn't, he should be throwing his arms up in disgust and pitching a HUGE fit over the fact that his starters are only being pulled for 5 stinking days of baseball and not kicked off the team all together. That punishment is weak as water.

  • Author

Boy, there are some whiney adults here on BGP.

 

In whiney voice... "Please stop talking about it" "you don't know the facts" "the kid doesn't need any more attention brought to him (presumably because of BGP).

 

Bullying has gone on since Cain killed Abel. This is the age of social media. If you don't like what is being said, state your opinion and move on instead of getting butt hurt about it, or quit reading this thread. The thread with the poll shows that most people disagree with the punishment given out 45-4. There you go. The social conscience of NKY agrees that this behavior is not acceptable on any level and should be addressed with the same malice that the Dirty Bird 5 displayed.

Further more if the family wanted it to be dropped they would not have talked to the media.

As long as the morons that did it are allowed to play while the other young man feels uncomfortable to do so these threads will probably not die.

I don't understand how you can pass judgement on not knowing what happened.

Boy, there are some whiney adults here on BGP.

 

In whiney voice... "Please stop talking about it" "you don't know the facts" "the kid doesn't need any more attention brought to him (presumably because of BGP).

 

Bullying has gone on since Cain killed Abel. This is the age of social media. If you don't like what is being said, state your opinion and move on instead of getting butt hurt about it, or quit reading this thread. The thread with the poll shows that most people disagree with the punishment given out 45-4. There you go. The social conscience of NKY agrees that this behavior is not acceptable on any level and should be addressed with the same malice that the Dirty Bird 5 displayed.

 

You define that as whiney? Listen and listen closely, the kid and his family have had enough of this charade. Does that now make sense to you? You have a lot to say for someone on the outside looking in.

Edited by True blue (and gold)
Rule 2

Further more if the family wanted it to be dropped they would not have talked to the media.

 

The family did not talk to the media. Get your FACTS straight before you go spouting off more he said she said.

Was that not the mother on the news talking? Surely the parent's of the boy's accused did not talk to her and tell on them come on. I was told the mother talked to the media but would not allow her child to do so.

The family did not talk to the media. Get your FACTS straight before you go spouting off more he said she said.
  • Author
You define that as whiney? Listen and listen closely, the kid and his family have had enough of this charade. Does that now make sense to you? You have a lot to say for someone on the outside looking in.

 

I talk because I can. I am a member of a discussion board. As I said in my previous post, this is social media. If you don't like it, don't read it!

 

51-5

Edited by True blue (and gold)
Rule 2

Was that not the mother on the news talking? Surely the parent's of the boy's accused did not talk to her and tell on them come on. I was told the mother talked to the media but would not allow her child to do so.

 

You obviously were informed incorrectly then weren't you?

I talk because I can. I am a member of a discussion board. As I said in my previous post, this is social media. If you don't like it, don't read it! You are clueless!

 

51-5

 

About the reply I would expect from someone who has no clue what did or did not occur, but wants to spout off about what they think they know and what the punishment should be based upon what they think they know. Keep talking though because is it obvious by your user name that you like to 'bully' your way through things especially when they don't go the way you want them to.

 

By the way, the victim and family are doing just fine.

  • Author

I'm glad yo hear the victim and family are doing fine, in spite of your criticism that these posts are somehow going to cause them trouble.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.