What Movie Do You Hate That Everyone Else Loves?

Very easy answer for me that I thought of instantly when I saw the thread ... Reservoir Dogs. I am notorious in my family for never ever giving up on a movie. No matter how bad it is, I will watch it to the end. Reservoir Dogs is the only movie that I stopped watching. Gratuitous violence and way too much of it.

Please tell me this is some sort of sick joke....That movie is gold.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my favorites.

Please tell me this is some sort of sick joke....That movie is gold.

No joke. I know people love that movie. That is why it is a perfect fit for this thread.

And it isn't an anti Tarantino thing either. I like a lot of his movies. I just felt much of the violence in that movie was being done for the sake of violence and not for the sake of the story

I've never understood the popularity of torture movies, such as Texas Chainsaw Massacre, the Saw series, Hostel, Nightmare On Elm Street, Halloween movie series, Friday 13th, etc...

Movies where the themes is all about torture, suffering, misery, fright, and murder, just turns me off. There's enough of that in the real world and on the news, I don't need movies to add to it.

Anchor Man

The Matrix Series

First two that come to mind. Honestly, any movie that has Will Ferrell as the lead man isn't for me. I think he can be funny but not as a lead.

How about Stranger Than Fiction? It's not a typical "Will Ferrell movie", but I thought he was very good, as was the movie.

Also, for the record, I don't care for Will Ferrell-centered comedies either. Old School and The Wedding Crashers used him much better as a secondary character.

How about Stranger Than Fiction? It's not a typical "Will Ferrell movie", but I thought he was very good, as was the movie.

Also, for the record, I don't care for Will Ferrell-centered comedies either. Old School and The Wedding Crashers used him much better as a secondary character.

Truthfully, I've only watched it once and it was a long time ago. I feel like I thought it was ok at the time.

I've never understood the popularity of torture movies, such as Texas Chainsaw Massacre, the Saw series, Hostel, Nightmare On Elm Street, Halloween movie series, Friday 13th, etc...

Movies where the themes is all about torture, suffering, misery, fright, and murder, just turns me off. There's enough of that in the real world and on the news, I don't need movies to add to it.

Anytime someone tells me that they love a certain horror movie, I'm just mystified. Don't understand how anyone likes any of them. Someone subjected me to "The Hills Have Eyes" when I was in college. I was sorely tempted to never speak to him again.

I feel like Will Farrell is his own genre, you either like that kind of humor or you don't. I loved Anchorman, most of the rest of his movies I agree I like him more as a supporting actor although some scenes in Elf were really funny.

On the Matrix, I feel like it is a never ending matrix...

I love Pulp Fiction but I can certainly see how it would turn many off. However, I think it is an excellent movie for many reasons.

=====================

To answer the thread question in reverse, I like a movie I bet others don't care for (if you have even seen it). I like the movie Battleship. It has some really cool action scenes and a decent plot given it is science fiction.

I also can't stand Ben Foster. I think he is a horrible actor and the only role of his that I can stomach is in Lone Survivor. I know that's not A movie, but had to get that off my chest.

I especially loathe him in X-Men: The Last Stand and I am a huge Super Hero genre fan.