Does Coach Cal Leave for NBA?

That maybe true but only 1 title to show for it? IF any other top coach in the nation had the talent that Cal has had, they would have more than 1 title to show for it...

That is not true at all. Coach Knfor years and years before Cal got to UK had the best recruiting classes

again and again and he want winning titles left and right.

Also remember, UK

has only had 1 POY since Cal has gotten here. It's not as if he is getting the best players every year. Also remember that Duke has more Freshmen starting than UK had this year.

People act as if UK gets the best players every year. They don't. What they do do is get the most rated players.

Ive had this discussion before and I will again. Most talent and best players are two totally different things. Bengals

were said to have the most talent the last couple years, that doesn't mean they had the best players. Not even close. So people who keep saying Cal gets

the best players is dead wrong. He just gets the most out of the the good players he does get by teaching them to play together.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 loss Tubby

Billy G

We are the apex of college basketball today. Relevant very year even when we don't deserve it (2013). Sign Cal for as long as he wants to stay there is NO ONE out there who can do this job and put up with our crap.

That is not true at all. Coach Knfor years and years before Cal got to UK had the best recruiting classes

again and again and he want winning titles left and right.

Also remember, UK

has only had 1 POY since Cal has gotten here. It's not as if he is getting the best players every year. Also remember that Duke has more Freshmen starting than UK had this year.

People act as if UK gets the best players every year. They don't. What they do do is get the most rated players.

Ive had this discussion before and I will again. Most talent and best players are two totally different things. Bengals

were said to have the most talent the last couple years, that doesn't mean they had the best players. Not even close. So people who keep saying Cal gets

the best players is dead wrong. He just gets the most out of the the good players he does get by teaching them to play together.

Who else has had 3 NBA all stars the last 6 years? Not to mention quality role players and starters like Patterson, Knight, Jones, Bledsoe and MKG? He's had better players than anyone and it's not even close IMO. He's done a great job, but he got in his own way plenty with stubbornness.

If this site is correct, then only one NBA coach currently makes more than Cal if we go by the recent extension, which averages out to $7.5 million per year. Doc Rivers' $10 million salary tops the list, while SVG is next at $7 million. Pop is third at what seems like a bargain-bin $6 million hit.

From what I understand — I admittedly haven't pored over the details of it — the actual performance incentives remain in place from before?

Also, I'd presume he'll get a bump in his other compensation packages from endorsements, radio/TV, apparel, etc.

In short, the NBA team that makes a bid for Cal better come correct and be prepared to make him the highest-paid coach in the league by a comfortable margin. And frankly, given his prior NBA record, I just ain't seeing that happening without someone like LeBron saying, "I'll come there if you hire Cal." Otherwise, he's a college lifer.