Does Coach Cal Leave for NBA?

I guess I just don't understand. I'm supposed to be upset because Coach Cal has only won 1 title in six years while at UK. It would have nice to have won this year, and I still think UK had the best team, but in a single elimination tournament the best team doesn't always win. I think perhaps Cal should be given a little credit for getting the '11 and '14 teams to the final four. If I recall I don't think either team was expected to get there.

After all Dean Smith only won two titles in 36 years while at UNC. I'd guess that he had as much if not more talent than anybody during that time. And they named a building after him.

UK fans should appreciate what Cal has done for the school. Do you think we were better off before Cal arrived.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember when UK went 13 years without so much as a Final Four? Those were fun times, eh? Calipari's UK teams that made the tournament have not lost a single time before the Elite Eight. Not one loss. Kentucky hadn't even made the Sweet 16 in the four seasons prior to Cal. And you believe he NEEDS to go?

Guys, even when you're the best, there are other good teams too. Kentucky lost to a good team last night. It happens. No I'm not thrilled with every aspect of how it went down but there is no way I can agree with Cal NEEDING to go. I hope he never leaves.

NO! And all but maybe a very few want him to stay! Have some become so spoiled that 4 Final Fours in the past 5 years with 1 national title isn't good enough? There is NOT one other coach that could have done that, period! he will stay, and I along with the 99.9% of fans will be glad he will return.

I love Cal. I don't want him going anywhere.

I remember the Billy Clyde era. I remember VMI and Gardner Webb. I remember our stud recruit being Dakotah Euton (sp.).

I love going to the Final Four every year. I love feeling like we are title contenders every year. I love seeing our guys in the NBA. Cal brought us back from the dead. I hope he stays forever!

That maybe true but only 1 title to show for it? IF any other top coach in the nation had the talent that Cal has had, they would have more than 1 title to show for it...

Are you listening to what you are saying??? I will tell you now, you have no idea if another coach could have one more titles. Too many ifs that your banking your statements on.

That maybe true but only 1 title to show for it? IF any other top coach in the nation had the talent that Cal has had, they would have more than 1 title to show for it...

First of all all these other top coaches could have and probably did try to get the players Cal got. Recruiting is part of coaching, its not like Cal was just handed these players and the other top coaches didn't have a chance to get them.

Secondily you act like every top coach could have gotten all these guys to buy in to the concept of team as well as Cal did. In reality how coach Cal can get top talent with big egos to buy in to the team concept is what has made his teams so successful. Players have seen at UK with coach Cal you can buy into the team concept and still reach their dreams of the NBA. With the egos of kids today that is hard to do and you are completely discounting that. Cal almost each year has got the guys who probably only focused on offense their whole lives to play great team defense. Which once again is hard to get guys right out of Hugh school to do that.

So yeah if a coach could have recruited and got the same guys as Cal did, then get them to buy into the team concept, and then get these freshman to play defense and share the ball. Then yes a coach who could have done all that first could have maybe won more titles if they did all that and also were a better x and o coach.

If Cal was to leave it would feel like someone kicking my dog after he had died. I didn't sleep last night and just can't get out of this slump today. I'm 50 years old and to date have never gotten into a UK basketball season like this year. I am not upset over the loss but just feel bad for the players disappointment!

I am upset over the actions after the game. That bothers me! I do not know everything that has went on because I refuse to turn the TV on since the game. I've not seen anything other than what I have seen on Facebook. I hate it and know Andrew was sorry for what he done, I hate that some players walked off the court after the game and not shake hands, but I believe the riots in Lexington bother me the most. I sure hope that it was not because they where down on these players that gave us such a great season. IMO the riots was a black eye on the BBN. Again I do not know everything that happened as I will not turn my TV on and watch the national media talk bad about my beloved CATS! #BBN4LIFE