Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Does Coach Cal Leave for NBA?

Featured Replies

No. And, it shows a lack of perspective on what he has accomplished in six years, and it's silly to suggest he has worn out his welcome.

 

This program went from 1958 to 1995 with ONE title. This program did not go to a Final Four between 1998 and 2011.

 

He's made four final fours in six years. Its a one game crap shoot. They lost to another great team, one of maybe three in the entire country that could beat them, and probably the only one that could push them to seven games in a theoritical 4-out-of-7 series.

 

They are in the conversation, and that's honestly all that you can ask. Keep making Final Fours and you will win on occasion.

  • Replies 93
  • Views 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Cal stays here for a significant amount of time, he will be responsible for half of the banners in the rafters when all is said and done

6=1 title

6=4 final fours

6 = 3 title games

 

Keep that pace in his 20th season.

 

4 titles

14 final fours

10 title games

 

As a huge UK fan it is a little below standards but I think we can live with it.

6=1 title

6=4 final fours

6 = 3 title games

 

Keep that pace in his 20th season.

 

4 titles

14 final fours

10 title games

 

As a huge UK fan it is a little below standards but I think we can live with it.

 

Works for me!

That is what makes Cal so special dude. Any other team in the nation could have the talent he has if they recruit. He just took 39 teams best shot and won all but one of those games. Any program not named Duke would love to hace Cal romping the sidelines and yelling at officials. You don't like competing for championships every year, go cheer for someone else.

I'm just as big of a UK fan as the next guy but I'd like to see championships instead of final fours....Don't get me wrong, what Cal has done since he's been at UK is good/great but I would like to see championships...

 

I think we all would. If anything, the loss on Saturday just makes me appreciate 2012 even more.

6=1 title

6=4 final fours

6 = 3 title games

 

Keep that pace in his 20th season.

 

4 titles

14 final fours

10 title games

 

As a huge UK fan it is a little below standards but I think we can live with it.

 

When you throw in that one of those teams had Wall, Cousins, and Bledsoe fall short. Then take another team that lost their best player for the year (no I don't think they were Final Four caliber, but would have made the tournament had Noel stayed healthy)...

 

Not below my standards.

This thread just makes me shake my head. Kentucky gets to zero Final Fours in 13 years, hires Coach Cal, and has been to 4 in 6 years, including a title, and suddenly that's not good enough? Ridiculous.

I've thought for a while that this would be Cal's last year at UK & I'm sticking to it.

 

Hope I'm wrong though.

I've thought for a while that this would be Cal's last year at UK & I'm sticking to it.

 

Hope I'm wrong though.

 

I had thought that as well. Of course, I thought they were winning it all. I can't see Cal leaving after this kinda ending. Maybe I'm wrong.

14 out of 20 seasons ending in a FF is below someone's standards?

I had thought that as well. Of course, I thought they were winning it all. I can't see Cal leaving after this kinda ending. Maybe I'm wrong.

 

I hope he doesn't leave.

 

I thought he'd go to the NBA & would still guess that, but I can also see him taking a year or two off.

I'll probably get blasted for this but I think/hope he does need to leave. Ever since he's been here he's had some of the best talent in the nation but yet only 1 title to show for it, yes he's been to the final four about 4 years but that's it, more than likely any other coach in the NCAA would have at least 2-3 titles to show for it if they had the talent that he's had. Let's see if I remember this correctly, when Coach Cal was hired, he made the comment that he wasn't worried about championships, he was worried about getting players to the NBA.

 

With that being said, I hope he does leave. If he's so worried about getting kids to the NBA, let him go coach in the NBA again. Get someone in here that can get top players like Mike (Duke), Izzo, Donovan, Self, Williams, Few among other top coaches and keep those players for 3-4 years instead of 1 year.

 

1) You would rather have who exactly?

2) Cal's point was to focus on the players and they would take us where we wanted to go, you think the focus should be on the school and fans and not the players?

3) Coach K, Self and even Donovan when they can convince the best players to come play for them have kids leave after one year also...You ever heard of Jabari Parker, Andrew Wiggins, Bradley Beal, Kyrie Irving, Xavier Henry, Josh Selby, Ben McLemore, Austin Rivers?...the best players are always going to leave as soon as possible (unless they have a coach that lies to them and convinces them to stay for his/schools benefit)

I'm just as big of a UK fan as the next guy but I'd like to see championships instead of final fours....Don't get me wrong, what Cal has done since he's been at UK is good/great but I would like to see championships...

 

Well they have won 8 in over 100 years so be prepard to be misarable most of the time.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.