Does Coach Cal Leave for NBA?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way too much credit given to coaches during games. I suppose Cal outcoached the previous 38 coaches. Comes down to people making plays and in this game we didn't make them.

3 straight shot clock violations is hard to defend. He got out coached in back to back games if you ask me.

3 straight shot clock violations is hard to defend. He got out coached in back to back games if you ask me.

You think Bray out coached him? Because ND basically had 3 shot clock violations to end the game. Plus, he allowed Towns to dominate and ran himself out of timeouts.

Edited by Michael Corleone

You think Bray out coached him? Because ND basically had 3 shot clock violations to end the game. Plus' date=' he allowed Towns to dominate and ran himself out of timeouts.[/quote']

The last 2 X and O coaches UK faced, UK was trailing for most of the game trying to find a way to win. ND just didn't have the talent to match what UK rolled out.

The last 2 X and O coaches UK faced, UK was trailing for most of the game trying to find a way to win. ND just didn't have the talent to match what UK rolled out.

So Bray is a better coach than Coach K, I assume. Because his inferior team lead Duke when the final buzzer went off not once but twice.

There is no way under the sun that Bray out coached Cal in that game. He let one guy beat him, ran his team out of timeouts, and aside from a Grant Hail Mary, their last 3 possessions were very similar to the possession UK had at the end of the Wisconsin game.

I also need to remind you that Notre Dame won the ACC tournament and Wisconsin is 36-3, with the player of the year and arguably the hottest player in the tournament. Neither are chopped liver.

Regardless of the ill-informed view that UK may be better off if Cal went to the NBA, I am still trying to digest the thought that projecting 14 out of 20 Final Fours is somehow not meeting standards. That may be the most, umm, "unique" viewpoint I've seen in my 17 years of Internet sports message boards.

To the two or three UK fans in this thread who hold these views, what color is the sky in your world?

Regardless of the ill-informed view that UK may be better off if Cal went to the NBA, I am still trying to digest the thought that projecting 14 out of 20 Final Fours is somehow not meeting standards. That may be the most, umm, "unique" viewpoint I've seen in my 17 years of Internet sports message boards.

To the two or three UK fans in this thread who hold these views, what color is the sky in your world?

Maybe I'm crazy, but I read that comment as being kind of sarcastic. Don't remember who it was from but I didn't take it at face value. Certainly anyone would take 14 FFs and 4 championships over a 20 year period.

I do believe that Cal eventually will jump to the NBA, I think that proving himself there still burns in him. I have never thought that Cal would retire here with U.K.. I just don't think that he will go now, in another three years or so maybe and probably.