Does Coach Cal Leave for NBA?

6=1 title

6=4 final fours

6 = 3 title games

Keep that pace in his 20th season.

4 titles

14 final fours

10 title games

As a huge UK fan it is a little below standards but I think we can live with it.

So just to be clear, UK has won 8 titles in 70 years and 4 in 20 is below your standards? It's better than UK's standards

Coach K has won 4 titles in 30 years and people are ready to bronze him.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. This thread is embarrassing for UK fans.

The overwhelming majority of responses from UK fans recognize the ludicrous nature of this thread and have thrown their unwavering support behind Cal and the program in this thread. Our coach is a winner, a champion and a Hall of Famer that the overwhelming majority hope sticks around for a long time.

I refuse to let the lunatic fringe define my fandom. Just because the outliers are vocal does not mean they represent the fan base.

No, this thread is not embarrassing for UK fans. In the overwhelming support and the unabashed recognition of the premace's lunacy, this thread is reaffirming!

It's always interesting to wonder about what motivates people. I judge people by my own expectations so if I'm in that position I stay put. Being a deity at $7m plus per year is a pretty darn good life to me so I would not feel the need to push myself to explore the next level. I have no idea what motivates Cal so while I expect him to stay I would not be shocked to see him go either. I would just thank him for what he's accomplished at UK and wish him the best.

Of course these threads would then be replaced by the "who's the next UK coach" threads so we'd still have plenty to discuss.