Northern Kentucky Men to Play in Regents Hall?

withrowtigers

But the information was smashed by this guy saying I wasn't reading. Forget him, I just asked a question how it could happen.

He didn't smash your reading without warrant. Every quote listed below is from this thread and answers your initial question. What more of an answer are you looking for?

As Clyde stated, it is true since the 9th Region has the BOKC.

And before people want to start ripping NKU or SMG again let me say the following:

NKU was originally ineligible for the A-Sun tournament. It is my understanding that the 9th Region contract was completed during the time that NKU was ineligible for the A-Sun tourney. Sometime after the contract was signed, the A-Sun lifted the postseason ban for NKU. But since their is a contract in place with the 9th Region, that contract must be honored.

NKU was ineligible for the A-Sun tournament when the 9th region contract was signed. Meaning this situation had a 0% chance of occurring.

Not unlike Kentucky in 2009 when they missed the NCAA Tournament and went to the NIT. They had to host UNLV at old Memorial Coliseum because Rupp and the KHSAA were already tied to the Sweet 16. UK had to move because (1) they never expected to miss the NCAAs and (2) a contract was already signed.

Disagree. They were originally banned from post season for 4 years. This past summer the A-Sun dropped the ban and said they could participate in the conference tourney.

And I'd wager from this point on NKU and the 9th Region will have alternate wording in their contracts but that wasn't necessary until just recently.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Better get a real coaching staff before you plan on laughing. Ask Coach Davenport about the person who is head coach at Northern Kentucky and see what you think after that.

It really does not matter what Coach Davenport thinks now does it? My assumption is he is concerned about his own program and not NKU.

It really does not matter what Coach Davenport thinks now does it? My assumption is he is concerned about his own program and not NKU.

I meant by that Northern Kentucky turned Bellarmine in a few yard ago saying we used an ineligible player to the GLVC. They did a long investigation and found a small problem and reinstated the player. The Northern Kentucky coach and Faculty Rep. turned in Bellarmine and Coach Davenport wanted to turn Northern Kentucky in on several violations, but the Bellarmine president said no, let's not sink to their levels. Good riddance from the GLVC, them and Kentucky Wesleyan. Same kind of programs.

Looking forward to watching the Norse men compete in regents once again. Should be a nice atmosphere. It's very impressive for NKU to be hosting a conference tournament game this early into their move to D1. Sounds like someone is a bit bitter of NKU's rise to D1 and their early successes. It's awesome to be able to watch most of the Norse games on ESPN 3. With a good showing in the conference tourney maybe NKU can find their way into the CBI, assuming that's still a thing.

Looking forward to watching the Norse men compete in regents once again. Should be a nice atmosphere. It's very impressive for NKU to be hosting a conference tournament game this early into their move to D1. Sounds like someone is a bit bitter of NKU's rise to D1 and their early successes. It's awesome to be able to watch most of the Norse games on ESPN 3. With a good showing in the conference tourney maybe NKU can find their way into the CBI, assuming that's still a thing.

CBI and CIT are postseason tournaments and they do still exist. Is NKU eligible for those?

And I'd wager from this point on NKU and the 9th Region will have alternate wording in their contracts but that wasn't necessary until just recently.

I don't get why there's an off day on Thursday for the 9th region tournament? Why not have the off day on Tuesday so the Norse Men can play their home conference tournament game.

I don't get why there's an off day on Thursday for the 9th region tournament? Why not have the off day on Tuesday so the Norse Men can play their home conference tournament game.

I thought the NKU Women's team was hosting a conference game Thursday night? But I can't remember.

It stinks for NKU players on the current roster, but I don't think completely random situation is going to stop a future recruit from coming to NKU.

CBI and CIT are postseason tournaments and they do still exist. Is NKU eligible for those?

I believe if they finish with a record of .500 or better they could be eligible to participate. They are 3 games below .500 right now so they would probably have to make a run to the finals of the a-sun tourney to have a chance.

I thought the NKU Women's team was hosting a conference game Thursday night? But I can't remember.

It stinks for NKU players on the current roster, but I don't think completely random situation is going to stop a future recruit from coming to NKU.

NKU women play Friday night at Regents Hall.

This is so laughable! Success? Losing overall record, playing in one of the worst D-1 leagues in the nation? Bellarmine or UWP would win the A-Sun. The two best programs Mercer and East Tenn. left the league and its full of D-1 wannabes who are wasting a lot of money.

Speaking of wasting money, I see these links about Northern Kentucky doing a lot of that. Read on:

NKU paid former worker $200K to avoid sex lawsuit

Fired NKU dance coach may face criminal investigation

Don't see this stuff going on at Bellarmine. Northern Kentucky is a blot on the state tax system, just like K-State.

If their paying 200 grand to women who mess around with their Department leaders like in the link I posted no wonder they can't afford to not host the hs regions for the money. Ha.

This is so laughable! Success? Losing overall record, playing in one of the worst D-1 leagues in the nation? Bellarmine or UWP would win the A-Sun. The two best programs Mercer and East Tenn. left the league and its full of D-1 wannabes who are wasting a lot of money.

Speaking of wasting money, I see these links about Northern Kentucky doing a lot of that. Read on:

NKU paid former worker $200K to avoid sex lawsuit

Fired NKU dance coach may face criminal investigation

Don't see this stuff going on at Bellarmine. Northern Kentucky is a blot on the state tax system, just like K-State.

It's obvious you have something against NKU. The A-Sun may not be the best athletic conference in Division 1 but it's still Division 1 and its teams are comprised of D1 athletes. Bellermine has a nice basketball tradition but so did NKU at that level of competition, NKU was one of the better athletic programs in D2. Not sure Bellermine would fair any better in the A-Sun. Additionally NKU has played teams such as West Virginia, Nebraska, Northwestern, Ohio State, North Carolina, Kentucky, Purdue, Navy, Wisconsin, Morehead State, Toledo and many more strong non conference opponents. All of their games are on ESPN3 and some have even been nationally broadcast on the other ESPN channels. The A-Sun championship will be nationally televised if they should make it that far, which they have a legit shot of doing and they could even be eligible for a postseason tourney such as the CBI. The Bank is one of the nicest arenas of any mid major program in the country and its even nicer than some of the major ones. Regents is old but it's not a bad on campus arena to play some home games in and practice in, many big time programs occasionally play in their older on campus arenas due to other events being held in their newer main arenas. NKU may not be setting the world on fire in terms of community enthusiasm and attendance but they have what it takes to become a nice D1 program. They have the facilities, great location and I believe they are off to a pretty good start in terms of on court success. One good run to the conference championship and an appearance in a post season tourney and I believe the NKY community will rally around them. Go Norse!

Yes I read it. Contracts are broken every day. Why no provision in it?

Have you ever had a huge event and the place that you rented broke the contract? Thought not.

Facts are facts, NKY is a high school sports area. If I am a recruit, or player, I would much rather play in a gym where there is at least an atmosphere and where it looks crowded. Pick any night of the 9th region tourney, it will easily outdraw any attendance that NKU would draw. Break the contact and watch the backlash and from the fans in NKY. Also, NKU does not run the BOK, so NKU can't break it even if they wanted to, the people who run the BOK would have to, but at least they have more sense and will not do so.