Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Northern Kentucky Men to Play in Regents Hall?

Featured Replies

Nice article in the Enquirer this morning about NKU making history by playing in their first D1 tourney. And they get to host it at "quaint and tiny Regents Hall". It mentions how this will help in the recruiting process in years to come. Shame they are not in the big area a for this event.

Also mentioned 4 of the 6 first recruits Bezold made have left the program.

As always a good read by Daugherty.

  • Replies 106
  • Views 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bellarmine is legit. They could beat any single team in the ASun. My question is if they have enough depth to win a lot in a night-in night-out schedule. BU shows every year they can play with D1 teams during the exhibition series. I watched them beat an X team that ended up going to either the S16 or the Elite 8 later that same season.

 

Top half of the GLVC or the GLIAC would compete on a nightly basis with the teams in the ASun. ASun is a very top heavy conference and the leagues reputation has taken a boost with the recent NCAA tournament victories. It's not a fluke when D2 teams compete very well or even "upset" established D1 programs. There are a lot of good players and coaches at the D2 level.

Nice article in the Enquirer this morning about NKU making history by playing in their first D1 tourney. And they get to host it at "quaint and tiny Regents Hall". It mentions how this will help in the recruiting process in years to come. Shame they are not in the big area a for this event.

Also mentioned 4 of the 6 first recruits Bezold made have left the program.

As always a good read by Daugherty.

 

I'm assuming I read the same article last night that a friend posted on Facebook. Highlighted Asst. Coach and former player Kevin Schappell and Persons quite a bit too.

Hoping to see a big crowd tonight. Hopefully since the UK game isn't until 9 and with no boys high school games tonight more people will show up. I know the girls hs games are going on at the bank, but that's still better than fighting for attendance with fans of girls hs basketball, boys hs basketball and UK. I'd love to see the NKY community show up and support the Norse tonight.

Hoping to see a big crowd tonight. Hopefully since the UK game isn't until 9 and with no boys high school games tonight more people will show up. I know the girls hs games are going on at the bank, but that's still better than fighting for attendance with fans of girls hs basketball, boys hs basketball and UK. I'd love to see the NKY community show up and support the Norse tonight.

 

How much are tickets and where do you buy them at Regents? I may stop out.

How much are tickets and where do you buy them at Regents? I may stop out.

 

Northern Kentucky University Athletics - A-Sun Championship Ticket Information

 

I was planning on just showing up at regents and purchasing but according to this link I don't know if you can. If I'm reading correctly you either have to call the NKU box office or show up at the BOKC ticket window before 5 pm. Seems like tickets would be general admission and they would have bundles of them printed for sale at regents but idk. They are $10 for adults and free for students.

No, not blasting Northern Kentucky, I let Coach Davenport do that even though they won't play Bellarmine no more. Northern Kentucky could come down here to Knights Hall and play their tournament, it holds more than Regents Hall.

 

Why would they want to play Bellermine? Sounds like a LOT of sour grapes on Bellermine's part.

They D-1 and can't set dates aside? Whose arena is it to begin with? Maybe that's what I am missing here?

 

Boy, you just can't see the trees for the forest. THER WAS NO REASON TO SET DATES ASIDE. What part of that can't you understand. In the future that provision will be in the contract.

Better get a real coaching staff before you plan on laughing. Ask Coach Davenport about the person who is head coach at Northern Kentucky and see what you think after that.

 

Frankly who gives a damn what your precious coach Davenport thinks. Is he some kind of expert on coaches, and if he is why is he at Bellermine in the first place.

Page 1 of this thread is an instant classic.

 

I'm with Clyde. Regents will provide a better atmosphere than BOKC.

Northern Kentucky University Athletics - A-Sun Championship Ticket Information

 

I was planning on just showing up at regents and purchasing but according to this link I don't know if you can. If I'm reading correctly you either have to call the NKU box office or show up at the BOKC ticket window before 5 pm. Seems like tickets would be general admission and they would have bundles of them printed for sale at regents but idk. They are $10 for adults and free for students.

 

Might not want to just show up to the game without tickets tonight. There were only a couple hundred left last night. Stop by the BOKC box office or better yet call now and buy your tickets and pick them up at will call. Phone # is 859-572-7848.

I think I'll unfortunately be following on Twitter from home. Need to update a faulty thermostat.

Packed house and NKU looks solid. They're up 55-50 in 2nd half

Page 1 of this thread is an instant classic. I'm with Clyde. Regents will provide a better atmosphere than BOKC.

 

Watching it on ESPN3. Much better environment.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.