March 1, 201511 yr Author Did you read what I posted?? Or just decide to blast NKU for no reason? NKU was ineligible for the A-Sun tournament when the 9th region contract was signed. Meaning this situation had a 0% chance of occurring. But please continue to ignore facts and contract law while on your NKU crusade. No, not blasting Northern Kentucky, I let Coach Davenport do that even though they won't play Bellarmine no more. Northern Kentucky could come down here to Knights Hall and play their tournament, it holds more than Regents Hall.
March 1, 201511 yr Yes I read it. Contracts are broken every day. Why no provision in it? What would the provision have been? If, out of nowhere and apropos of nothing the Atlantic Sun decides to allow you to play in the tournament and you happen to have a team good enough to host a game, then so long 9th Region?
March 1, 201511 yr Author What would the provision have been? If, out of nowhere and apropos of nothing the Atlantic Sun decides to allow you to play in the tournament and you happen to have a team good enough to host a game, then so long 9th Region? They D-1 and can't set dates aside? Whose arena is it to begin with? Maybe that's what I am missing here?
March 1, 201511 yr Not unlike Kentucky in 2009 when they missed the NCAA Tournament and went to the NIT. They had to host UNLV at old Memorial Coliseum because Rupp and the KHSAA were already tied to the Sweet 16. UK had to move because (1) they never expected to miss the NCAAs and (2) a contract was already signed. I am glad you brought that up. It can happen at UK or NKU. The thing is nobody from the athletic side of things is complaining. They understand the situation and are happy to be hosting a tourney game two years earlier than they thought.
March 1, 201511 yr I am glad you brought that up. It can happen at UK or NKU. The thing is nobody from the athletic side of things is complaining. They understand the situation and are happy to be hosting a tourney game two years earlier than they thought. And I'd wager from this point on NKU and the 9th Region will have alternate wording in their contracts but that wasn't necessary until just recently.
March 1, 201511 yr They D-1 and can't set dates aside? Whose arena is it to begin with? Maybe that's what I am missing here? What were they setting dates aside for? The event that had a 0% chance of happening when the contract was signed?
March 1, 201511 yr Author Disagree. They were originally banned from post season for 4 years. This past summer the A-Sun dropped the ban and said they could participate in the conference tourney. Bellermine can laugh all they want. I'm sure NKU will get the last laugh when Bellarmine is watching them on TV once they are eligible for the NCAA Tournament. Better get a real coaching staff before you plan on laughing. Ask Coach Davenport about the person who is head coach at Northern Kentucky and see what you think after that.
March 1, 201511 yr Or if you even work. And see, I actually was going to post something that would give your points more credibility, but then you went here.
March 1, 201511 yr Author And see, I actually was going to post something that would give your points more credibility, but then you went here. What's that got to do with anything? He made fun of me?
March 1, 201511 yr What's that got to do with anything? He made fun of me? They make fun of me everyday so what?
March 1, 201511 yr What's that got to do with anything? He made fun of me? There's a reasonable discussion in this thread with facts and information regarding NKU and other examples from other schools with similar occurrences. You don't have to take anything personal.
March 1, 201511 yr Author There's a reasonable discussion in this thread with facts and information regarding NKU and other examples from other schools with similar occurrences. You don't have to take anything personal. But the information was smashed by this guy saying I wasn't reading. Forget him, I just asked a question how it could happen.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.