Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Northern Kentucky Men to Play in Regents Hall?

Featured Replies

  • Replies 106
  • Views 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As in will Bezold be back?

 

It will be interesting.

It will be interesting.

 

Why do you think Bezold wont be back or might not be back.

Why do you think Bezold wont be back or might not be back.

 

Dave won't be back.

 

NKU's basketball program takes off in April. For the umpteenth time, this is the WKU football model exactly, and they now make Bowl Games. Dave just rode out the rough probationary period.

 

John Brannen and Travis Steele are at Kinko's as we speak.

They aren't eligible next season either, right? Wouldn't they wait another year?

I'm not a fan of what NKU did late. Down 1 with 31 seconds to go and they drained 27 seconds off then missed. Should have tried to score immediately.

 

I definitely agree. They should've tried scoring quick that way if they didn't they could've stretched the game out longer. Down the stretch they missed multiple putback bunnies and played way to much one on one basketball. All in all I consider it a successful season for the Norse. They should have a really nice team next year, outside of Chad Jackson and Jordan Jackson they don't really lose much.

They aren't eligible next season either, right? Wouldn't they wait another year?

 

If you know your current guy is not "your guy" then you make the change now so that you're ready in two years.

Both would be good hires as they have done very good jobs as assistant coaches but Bez has done a very good job. He has been there a long time so I could see wanting to get some new blood in the program but Bez has been very loyal to NKU.

They aren't eligible next season either, right? Wouldn't they wait another year?

 

Other possible moves in the works, elevating coach / program could help that.

Both would be good hires as they have done very good jobs as assistant coaches but Bez has done a very good job. He has been there a long time so I could see wanting to get some new blood in the program but Bez has been very loyal to NKU.

 

No-win situation for Bez. AD change a few years ago didn't help.

From what I've read and heard of Steele, I would have to think he's the guy they'd want between the two...

I agree it is a tough situation especially when the new AD was hired but unless they get the person they truly want I wouldn't make a change just to make a change.

From what I've read and heard of Steele, I would have to think he's the guy they'd want between the two...

 

What have you read/heard?

What have you read/heard?

 

Young, up and coming assistant who's very familiar with the area.

Young, up and coming assistant who's very familiar with the area.

 

Well, I hope Bez gets to stay and have at least 1 year to compete for a NCAA tournament bid but whatever happens NKU has alot of positives and will be a good job for whoever has it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.