Is this the beginning of the end for Mark Stoops?

HT721

The news out of Richmond and all the recent decommission and kiddies in recruiting have me wondering if Stoops days at UK are numbered.

Please show me a program in a BCS conference that does not have at least a dozen thugs, criminals, drug dealers and sexual violators on it? UK was recruiting nobody before Stoops got there. That being said, would I send my kid to UK to play football? HELL NO!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please show me a program in a BCS conference that does not have at least a dozen thugs, criminals, drug dealers and sexual violators on it? UK was recruiting nobody before Stoops got there. That being said, would I send my kid to UK to play football? HELL NO!

Easy to say when you didn't have the choice to send them there to play.

How? 8 home games with Vandy on the road, very friendly schedule next year with a better team. I think 6 wins is very likely with possibility of a few more.

UK could easily go 3-5 at home next year. Florida, Mizzou, Auburn, Louisville, and Tennessee are far from gimmi wins.

Cats could easily go anywhere from 4-8 to 8-4.

Charlotte, EKU, Louisiana-Lafayette, Vandy are the common 4 wins.

The other 4 could be any combination of: Florida, Mizzou, South Carolina, Louisville and maybe Auburn depending on how well Muschamp gets their defense going. AU's offense with a good defense would be almost unstoppable.

most likely wins

EKU

Vandy

Charlotte

Louisiana Lafayette

Tough games but still can win

Mizzou (Home game, could have beaten them last year if they didn't play drunk)

Louisville (Home game and they will have a little down year in talent)

South Carolina (Beat them last year, and with an improved team, I think there is a chance)

Mississippi St (lost everyone but Prescott)

Most likely losses

Florida

Tennesse

No chance win IMO

Auburn

UGA

Stoops is fine. Building a program at a place like UK will take longer than 5 years. If you want to judge Stoops base it on the improvement he has made thus far. Recruiting is like a blind draw, you never know how kids will turn out. You only hope you getting quality kids based on what info you are able to gain.

Accomplished thus far

1. Recruiting has improved

2. Defense has improved

3. Talent has improved.

Next Phase.

1. Continue Building Talent and depth

2. Win a bowl game

most likely wins

EKU

Vandy

Charlotte

Louisiana Lafayette

Tough games but still can win

Mizzou (Home game, could have beaten them last year if they didn't play drunk)

Louisville (Home game and they will have a little down year in talent)

South Carolina (Beat them last year, and with an improved team, I think there is a chance)

Mississippi St (lost everyone but Prescott)

Most likely losses

Florida

Tennesse

No chance win IMO

Auburn

UGA

Florida and Tennessee both being at home, I would move to the "Tough games but can still win" category. Only 2 I say no chance to are Auburn and Georgia.

I'd like to know what everyone here thinks: Is the UofL game going to be an almost must win? Not talking about from a bowl perspective, but from a statewide perception standpoint.

When Strong got his first win in the series, I seem to remember a lot of media on both sides tending to think that a win would be much more important for Strong than Joker.

You always want to win every game and every game is important, but would a win over UofL make a much bigger statement for Stoops than a win over UK would make for Petrino?