Is this the beginning of the end for Mark Stoops?

HT721

Stoops is fine. Building a program at a place like UK will take longer than 5 years. If you want to judge Stoops base it on the improvement he has made thus far. Recruiting is like a blind draw, you never know how kids will turn out. You only hope you getting quality kids based on what info you are able to gain.

Accomplished thus far

1. Recruiting has improved

2. Defense has improved

3. Talent has improved.

Next Phase.

1. Continue Building Talent and depth

2. Win a bowl game

Gotta get bowl elgible 1st

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Florida and Tennessee both being at home, I would move to the "Tough games but can still win" category. Only 2 I say no chance to are Auburn and Georgia.

I really like where Tennesse is headed, and they have a solid QB with some great surrounding talent. But I agree on UF now that I think about it. Most people are forgetting UK is in fact improving and should be competitive next year.

Kentucky went to Florida and took the Gators into 3 OT's before they were cheated out of the W' date=' no reason why Kentucky can't beat Florida here at home next season.[/quote']

That Florida got rid of their coach and QB, it's gonna be a diff team. Good draw at home though.

Gotta win. I like him, I like the momentum he has created, but we need to keep building the momentum. Things like fights, BB guns, and recruits dumping your program the week of signing day are not momentum builders. Oh, and the average at best seasons. Like a previous poster alluded to, you can only sell smoke and mirrors for so long.

Stoops is still building this team from the ground up. This is not Ohio State or Florida where you can turn it around in one to two years. He is still trying to get talent to compete against the best conference in college football. Then he has to try and build some depth, (which no UK team has had in a long time), so when someone gets injuried there is not a complete drop off. As much as this program has struggled in the past the administration would be making a big mistake by letting him go. This is a pivotal year for the program this year to try and keep the momentum going. It is critical to get to a bowl game and keep this thing going in the right direction.