Interesting tidbit about the super district

All Tell

And coaching

Haha this guy.

Coach Lucas and his staff take 1/4 of the players of St. X and Trinity and have created a program that is competitive and could have beaten both of these teams this year had one or two things gone differently. All of this without their best offensive threat. Sounds like terrible coaching. There aren't many staffs in the state of Kentucky that could offer what they do.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In the 4 years that it was in existence members of the super district only lost 2 playoff games to teams outside the district.

Manual lost to Madison Central in 2012 and Male lost to Scott County last year. Overall 1st round record of the super 4 from 2011-2014 was 15-1.

There's a reason it's called the super district. Very impressive.

I have nothing against Trinity, St. X or any other Catholic school. All I'm saying is that public 6A schools, especially those outside of Louisville cannot compete for titles. This is supported by 30 plus years of results now. 6A schools will continue to hemorrhage talent as long as they are compelled to compete on the existing playing field.

Can Not or Will Not? What I said earlier is true that basically success (successful athletes) breeds success (want to play for successful teams). But for this line of question you do have to go further in that you have to be committed to your football program and it helps significantly if you have Football people at the top supporting this.

The Super District continually focuses on football. They all play tough schedules. They have too or they will get killed when they play each other if they don't. For these teams, their players "buy in" when they step on the school property. In "Buy in", I mean they expect to win no matter what and are not rattled when they get down. Their top shelf coaches mandate this.

NO ONE plays T's schedule. My thought is that it is REALLY hard to go to Moeller and play. If you aren't nearly prepared and talented, you get crushed (could get crushed anyway). But by the State Championship game, if the team you are playing is likely the 8th best team they have played that year, you can't beat them.

In Northern Kentucky there are programs that do this, but not in 6A. Want to beat T, X, H, and Manuel, you must change either the people at the top or the coaches for ones that want to win at the top football level of the state and will schedule to do it. MOST will never do this. That's why the Super District was SUPER!

Can Not or Will Not? What I said earlier is true that basically success (successful athletes) breeds success (want to play for successful teams). But for this line of question you do have to go further in that you have to be committed to your football program and it helps significantly if you have Football people at the top supporting this.

The Super District continually focuses on football. They all play tough schedules. They have too or they will get killed when they play each other if they don't. For these teams, their players "buy in" when they step on the school property. In "Buy in", I mean they expect to win no matter what and are not rattled when they get down. Their top shelf coaches mandate this.

NO ONE plays T's schedule. My thought is that it is REALLY hard to go to Moeller and play. If you aren't nearly prepared and talented, you get crushed (could get crushed anyway). But by the State Championship game, if the team you are playing is likely the 8th best team they have played that year, you can't beat them.

In Northern Kentucky there are programs that do this, but not in 6A. Want to beat T, X, H, and Manuel, you must change either the people at the top or the coaches for ones that want to win at the top football level of the state and will schedule to do it. MOST will never do this. That's why the Super District was SUPER!

30 years of results tends to refute your arguments. Male and Manual don't play T's schedule and they still dominate the rest of 6A. Scheduling is irrelevant if you don't have the talent!

30 years of results tends to refute your arguments. Male and Manual don't play T's schedule and they still dominate the rest of 6A. Scheduling is irrelevant if you don't have the talent!

Because they WANT to keep up with T & X, they raise their program. It's not just the scheduling. Athletes are comparable across the state. Others athletes (as a whole) are not as committed, combined with not as well coached, combined with don't want it as badly.

Because they WANT to keep up with T & X, they raise their program. It's not just the scheduling. Athletes are comparable across the state. Others athletes (as a whole) are not as committed, combined with not as well coached, combined with don't want it as badly.

Sorry, but that is an ignorant statement. There is a reason that Louisville can field its own all star team against an all star team from the REST OF THE STATE!

What a thread!

Clearly T and X have an advantage over the public supers.

Louisville's JCPS has funny enrollment. villecoach is correct in that Manual has all the extra requirements but as long as you qualify you get a bus to pick you up. Recently Male has been hampered by their enrollment being capped. As it stands now, there are three traditional middle schools that Male can draw from and share with Butler. There haven't been any kids from a waiting list in a few years.

Please with the coaching comment. :ohbrother:

For H and M to be competing as well as they have there must be good coaching.

kids in Louisville all know where to go if you want to WIN playing football. The same has been said for other KY regions.

How many state championships do Male, St. X and Manual have in the past 10 years, seems like the 6A is dominated by 1 school, Super district seems more like super 1.

Trinity is an all-star team with great coaching who can reload almost every year. I dont blame the talented kids for wanting to go there, eveyone wants to win!!

When Trinity had a down year (last year) I didnt see St. X, Male or Manual win the state it was a public School Scott County.

I say seed 6A and we can watch Trinity beat one of the 3 Louisville teams or Scott County in the 6A title, either way Trinity will probably be the champs.

Sorry, but that is an ignorant statement. There is a reason that Louisville can field its own all star team against an all star team from the REST OF THE STATE!

We can agree to disagree Onceuponatime.

How many good players are left off the State team?

We can agree to disagree Onceuponatime.

How many good players are left off the State team?

Where is Ram's commitment list when you need it? Can somebody find that quickly? It has a list of D1 offered kids. By location, Metro Louisville dominates the list.

You want to bring up Holmes, I'll bring up McCracken.

Scoreboard

This program was formed by the consolidation of three different schools. All had football programs. After the consolidation, there is plenty of talent and depth. Can't get out of the first round against Manual losing by two scores on their OWN field.

Educated guess is that this team was close to Dixie in caliber. Was 10 - 2 beating a pretty good team from Mississippi. I'm betting some of the kids in their feeders will look hard at Mayfield.

Very familiar with McCracken...How old is the school? Was actually talking to someone from down that way and they didn't feel that would happen with the facilities and where McCracken is headed. Heck, it's only 2-3 years old right! How do you know kids won't start migrating that way? Especially now that Mayfield in in 2A.