Interesting tidbit about the super district

All Tell

You want to bring up Holmes, I'll bring up McCracken.

Scoreboard

This program was formed by the consolidation of three different schools. All had football programs. After the consolidation, there is plenty of talent and depth. Can't get out of the first round against Manual losing by two scores on their OWN field.

Educated guess is that this team was close to Dixie in caliber. Was 10 - 2 beating a pretty good team from Mississippi. I'm betting some of the kids in their feeders will look hard at Mayfield.

And you didn't answer the second part of the question!

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

30 years of results tends to refute your arguments. Male and Manual don't play T's schedule and they still dominate the rest of 6A. Scheduling is irrelevant if you don't have the talent!

Completely disagree with scheduling being irrelevant. But what about the rest of the statement he says...buy in, dedication right leaders at the top and the entire community support. Why are Male and Manuals talent better? That's where you need to look. They have no advantage over any of the Kenton County schools and compete with T and X. Maybe not win as many titles, but sure do compete with them. No NKY schools have really ever "competed" with them. Someone just said the best 6A team in the last 20 years had a running clock put on them by what most would not call the best Trinity team in the last 20 years. Probably far from it talent wise. (no offense to T)

if you are interested in private school total domination then you need to become fans of high school volleyball, lol!

Since 1979 (ZERO) public schools have won a state title. Heck, only 1 public school (Greenwood in 2011) has made it to the finals.

At least in 6A football the public schools can take one every now & then! ;)

i don't think any team from NKY can win 6a. maybe have one big kenton county school. SK and Dixie combined.

They would be the biggest boy enrollment in the state by about 300 boys and I still not sure they could compete with T this year.

They would be the biggest boy enrollment in the state by about 300 boys and I still not sure they could compete with T this year.

The has 2x the enrollment of Dixie. Tons of history of football greatness. Sadly no one from NKY 6a will compete with that.

all of NKY has maybe 4?

I understand what he's saying, but why does Louisville have that many and NKY doesn't. Is it the genetic lab that the other guy was talking about??? Why does Louisville produce more D1 kids than NKY? Do they have some kind of advantage over other areas? Or do they just develop the kids differently?

I understand what he's saying, but why does Louisville have that many and NKY doesn't. Is it the genetic lab that the other guy was talking about??? Why does Louisville produce more D1 kids than NKY? Do they have some kind of advantage over other areas? Or do they just develop the kids differently?

D1 players are born not made.

Factor in 2x the population.

D1 players are born not made.

Your opinion. I've seen them "developed" at HHS. So are you saying there are more D1 athletes born in Louisville? Ratio wise maybe, but there are also more schools I'm guessing.