Interesting tidbit about the super district

All Tell

Thats such a stupid comment. Eli Brown is D-1 and goes to Warren East. 2 Prospects Emmitt Smith and Jensen Feggins go to Warren Central. South Warren put 2 kids in D-1 scholarships last season.

Gotta have access to urban athletes. Plain and simple.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We're hearing a little bit why the Louisville schools are good, but why dominate in 6A? I'd be interested in hearing some thoughts from NKY fans on why NKY 6A is nowhere close to competing with any of them really. Are we still stunned as to what happened to Dixie, when several felt they were the best team from up here an a long time? It's a different level and I'm really curious why. Can't just be "enrollment" EVERY year.

I think it's more simple that that. If you are the best football player in Louisville, you will go to one of the Super District Teams. Why? Because they win football games.

In NKY, if you are the best football player, you go to Highlands, Covington Catholic or Beechwood. Because they win or "are known" to win football games. Not Dixie, Not Simon Kenton.

Simple...

I think it's more simple that that. If you are the best football player in Louisville, you will go to one of the Super District Teams. Why? Because they win football games.

In NKY, if you are the best football player, you go to Highlands, Covington Catholic or Beechwood. Because they win or "are known" to win football games. Not Dixie, Not Simon Kenton.

Simple...

Great answer. Success breeds success. DeSales and Central in Louisville are also examples of this.

Simple...

Agreed. The Dixie/T result kills 6A football in NKy and maybe the rest of the state. That Dixie team was the best 6A team to come out of this area in 20 years. Now kids will flood to HHS, BW and Cov Cath because there is simply no realistic chance of competing for titles in 6A. There are many kids and parents that can only be sold on the opportunity to win titles.

Great answer. Success breeds success. DeSales and Central in Louisville are also examples of this.

I agree it's a great answer and most likely true! But Highlands is not in Kenton County. Yes you can move there, but they don't flock to HHS like many think. AND HHS is almost completely locked down to tuition students.

So I guess my question is...how did the 4 Louisville schools develop to the level that all the athletes want to go there and the NKY 6A schools can't? Louisville has other good small schools in the area too.

As for the "urban athlete" comment...First, REALLY??? Second, several areas have access to good players and kids of that talent level. Holmes has a ton of athletes walking the halls and their team is not very good. And does "urban athlete" apply to T and X? You do have to pay tuition correct? Or are there a plethora of scholarships available for low income kids that allow them to play at T and X? And Urban Athlete...then why are the schools that represent Avondale, Bond Hill, OTR, etc dominate Cincy football? Are you saying that all those inner city kids go to Moeller, St X and Elder?

Agreed. The Dixie/T result kills 6A football in NKy and maybe the rest of the state. That Dixie team was the best 6A team to come out of this area in 20 years. Now kids will flood to HHS, BW and Cov Cath because there is simply no realistic chance of competing for titles in 6A. There are many kids and parents that can only be sold on the opportunity to win titles.

Instead of complaining about it, why can't we figure out why we can't compete. My problem is all the excuses instead of actions. People suggest playing a tougher schedule to prepare you for when you play T or X and NKY folks laugh and say "what's that have to do with it". It has a lot to do with it. When you roll over weak teams every week, it's fool's gold on how good you think you are vs. how good you really are. And if you're kids aren't challenged, then they don't know how to react when they are. And when the kids face teams they can't bully, there is no plan B because they have never had to use plan B. There are thing NKY 6A teams could do to start building programs that doesn't see their kids scattering for the other schools. It's about exposure and playing locally weak teams does not provide exposure. It only takes a few games to start to generated excitement and sometimes those games can even be loses...if you play a good team close. But until then, players may continue to leave where they get a chance to play in big games. Yes...Dixie had a great year. Very fun run for the players, school and fans. But in reality, what made it fun was beating "not so good teams" and making the state run. And in reality, the state run wouldn't have happened without the benefit of the favorable bracket. I'm not saying that to diminish Dixie's run, I'm saying that to prove the point that you must challenge yourself every year and work your tails off and success can happen. But until the NKY kids get a chance to REALLY see what else it out there, they will always be a deer in the headlights when they play a good team.

I agree it's a great answer and most likely true! But Highlands is not in Kenton County. Yes you can move there, but they don't flock to HHS like many think. AND HHS is almost completely locked down to tuition students.

So I guess my question is...how did the 4 Louisville schools develop to the level that all the athletes want to go there and the NKY 6A schools can't? Louisville has other good small schools in the area too.

As for the "urban athlete" comment...First, REALLY??? Second, several areas have access to good players and kids of that talent level. Holmes has a ton of athletes walking the halls and their team is not very good. And does "urban athlete" apply to T and X? You do have to pay tuition correct? Or are there a plethora of scholarships available for low income kids that allow them to play at T and X? And Urban Athlete...then why are the schools that represent Avondale, Bond Hill, OTR, etc dominate Cincy football? Are you saying that all those inner city kids go to Moeller, St X and Elder?

Your logic is flawed. Just because you need urban athletes to be competitive in 6a does not mean if you have them you will be successful. Did they offer a class in logic at HHS? Guess not!

Instead of complaining about it, why can't we figure out why we can't compete. My problem is all the excuses instead of actions. People suggest playing a tougher schedule to prepare you for when you play T or X and NKY folks laugh and say "what's that have to do with it". It has a lot to do with it. When you roll over weak teams every week, it's fool's gold on how good you think you are vs. how good you really are. And if you're kids aren't challenged, then they don't know how to react when they are. And when the kids face teams they can't bully, there is no plan B because they have never had to use plan B. There are thing NKY 6A teams could do to start building programs that doesn't see their kids scattering for the other schools. It's about exposure and playing locally weak teams does not provide exposure. It only takes a few games to start to generated excitement and sometimes those games can even be loses...if you play a good team close. But until then, players may continue to leave where they get a chance to play in big games. Yes...Dixie had a great year. Very fun run for the players, school and fans. But in reality, what made it fun was beating "not so good teams" and making the state run. And in reality, the state run wouldn't have happened without the benefit of the favorable bracket. I'm not saying that to diminish Dixie's run, I'm saying that to prove the point that you must challenge yourself every year and work your tails off and success can happen. But until the NKY kids get a chance to REALLY see what else it out there, they will always be a deer in the headlights when they play a good team.

No one is complaining. The field of competition is not level! PERIOD.