Shot clocks in highschool?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me, for those who don't want to type all that.

For example, you will soon be christened JRS for those like me that are on the lazy side when typing.

Oh...gotcha.Thats better than what my wife calls me.But then again I dont think you can shorten the words she calls me.:banana:

. highschool teams average 15-20 more points a game than KY schools.I would personally love to see it and dont know why it is'nt brought up more often.It would prepare the kids for college ball too.

Totally agree 15-20 points could helps kids scoring avg which could get big name colleges to look at them. But if one school gets them every other team would need to get them. this could be a big problem to small schools such as A and AA teams

I really hope to see high school get a shot clock and soon. I understand the concept of protecting a lead and trying to run the clock out but dont like the fact that they can do it for a whole quarter or so. What players that do make it to the college level are going to have to get used to the concept of playing with a shot clock so i think that Ky should try if at all possible to implement in if at all possible within the next 3-5 years.

I don't think it's necessary, I haven't seen too many games involving stall tactics, IMO you would see less stalling if they played two 16 minute halves instead of four 8 minute quarters. This would eliminate those last posession stalls you see in most games.

The womens head coach at Northern Kentucky University told me weeks ago that having a high school shot clock is what she and most college coaches would love to see at the High School level....And a far as money goes, the Cash Cow, better know as the KHSAA, could bid a contract for all schools in the Commonwealth that could bring the price down quite a bit........

I'd love to see it happen, but I don't see it happening anytime soon. LBBC has pretty much explained why. Schools are on tight budgets, and they don't have the extra $2000+ to purchase a couple shot clocks, then find volunteers, train them, and hope they show up to each game.

Exactly. There are some schools, like Owsley that are stretched to the limit on the athletic budget. And for volunteers, you could probably find another volunteer to do the games, most games as you said but what about the girls games.... there's another problem when you barely have someone to run the clock little on need another volunteer. I think the idea is good, but small schools just don't have the budget, with all the other Title IX regulations that are already put on us......

I hope so...As far as as expense,I dont see it being that big of a deal with all the boosters these days.Shot clock installations are not that expensive,and as far as the extra ref to run it they could appoint some of the refs in each region that are "not so good" and bring in some younger eyes.Just a thought:ylsuper:

If the 15th Region appointed the refs that wasnt very good to run the shot clock, then wed have nobody to call the game because theyd all be running the shot clock lol.

"A" and"AA" have nothing to do with it. My school is a very small "A" and we have one of the nicest facilities in the eight region with shot clock's already installed on the upper concourse railing. Also only one of our "A" schools gym's would be considered sub-par. If my vote means anything I say put them in.