Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Shot clocks in highschool?

Featured Replies

Was wandering if anyone thinks we will see shot clocks in highschool in Kentucky.I know they use them in Cali. highschools and would go out on a limb and say if it was possible to look it up that Cali. highschool teams average 15-20 more points a game than KY schools.I would loved to have seen it at the end of the Graves-Russell game when Graves held the ball for probably 7 minutes in the fourth.Also do you think it would even the playing field(or court),or would it make it even more difficult for the less athletic teams.I would personally love to see it and dont know why it is'nt brought up more often.It would prepare the kids for college ball too.

  • Replies 64
  • Views 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very expensive for ALL high schools to have to put this in.

Who says they have to install them, Football teams dont have play clocks installed.

Who says they have to install them, Football teams dont have play clocks installed.

They just going to have someone at the scorer's table with their Timex yelling out times????

 

I don't follow.

Who says they have to install them, Football teams dont have play clocks installed.

 

Football is a different sport. In basketball the kids have to set up their offense and oftentimes would not be aware of the amount of time that they have left to shoot without a shot clock.

 

I would like to see a shot clock in high school, but realize the difficulty that this may impose on some schools. Not to mention the introduction of either another volunteer to run the shot clock or another referee to pay to run it.

In high school football, the back judge keeps the play clock on his wrist watch.

Give it about 3 more years and KY will be using a shot clock in high school. That's my prediction anyway.

  • Author
Give it about 3 more years and KY will be using a shot clock in high school. That's my prediction anyway.

 

I hope so...As far as as expense,I dont see it being that big of a deal with all the boosters these days.Shot clock installations are not that expensive,and as far as the extra ref to run it they could appoint some of the refs in each region that are "not so good" and bring in some younger eyes.Just a thought:ylsuper:

I hope so...As far as as expense,I dont see it being that big of a deal with all the boosters these days.Shot clock installations are not that expensive,and as far as the extra ref to run it they could appoint some of the refs in each region that are "not so good" and bring in some younger eyes.Just a thought:ylsuper:

Refs will not be appointed to run it. It would be volunteers as in the person who keeps book and runs the time clock.

 

Not every school has big rich boosters.

  • Author

I dont think schools would have trouble finding a good volunteer,but as far as funds go I'm sure each school would find a way.Take me for example,go borrow it from a bank for something you really want but maybe could do without.LOL

I dont think schools would have trouble finding a good volunteer,but as far as funds go I'm sure each school would find a way.Take me for example,go borrow it from a bank for something you really want but maybe could do without.LOL

Some would not have a problem. Some have problems finding a person to keep clock and book for a freshmen game. Now they need a 3rd person. Ones who are not involved in running the programs, think of boys varsity and their thought process ends there.

 

Those involved in the programs have to think about having 3 volunteers for each girls freshmen game, boys freshmen game, girls Junior varsity game, boys junior varsity game as well as varsity for both. In a lot of schools, HS students will be keeping book and clock because they cannot get adult volunteers for those levels.

I'd love to see it happen, but I don't see it happening anytime soon. LBBC has pretty much explained why. Schools are on tight budgets, and they don't have the extra $2000+ to purchase a couple shot clocks, then find volunteers, train them, and hope they show up to each game.

  • Author
I'd love to see it happen, but I don't see it happening anytime soon. LBBC has pretty much explained why. Schools are on tight budgets, and they don't have the extra $2000+ to purchase a couple shot clocks, then find volunteers, train them, and hope they show up to each game.

 

Who's LBBC?

Who's LBBC?

 

 

ladiesbballcoach

I hope that KY doesnt go to a shot clock. It is hard enough to get players to run an offense without being timed much less if they do have be timed.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.