Shot clocks in highschool?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it wasn't the four corners offense that won it. Thanks for the added info.

Reasonable people could disagree.

Maybe I should clarify. I said "center" when I really should have said "the person who wound up in the lane"...the offense was the stereo typical four corner attack, but it was being used to find the baseline cutters, which it did successfully.

Obviously two observers could debate whether it was great offense or poor defense that won the game, but the game certainly turned when the offense went to the four corner attack.

But we digress. My point was not to bring up a discussion about the use and efficiency of a four corner attack or the Princeton offense. My point was simply that I oppose rules that effectively dictate the style of ball one must play.

A shot clock makes the on-court product better. Gotta teach these kids how to play with a shot clock if they want to play at the next level.

That being said, love me some defense. I just see it here in Virginia and don't see any reason why KY shouldn't get shot clocks.

A shot clock makes the on-court product better. Gotta teach these kids how to play with a shot clock if they want to play at the next level.

That being said, love me some defense. I just see it here in Virginia and don't see any reason why KY shouldn't get shot clocks.

How many kids will go on to play at the next level?

And how many schools can afford one or two sets of shot clocks (if you're putting them in auxiliary gym, which you also should so freshman/JV get used to it and you'll want to practice with one) and find multiple people to run them correctly (when some schools can't even do the books correctly)?