9th Region Must See Teams

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In another thread it was mentioned to me that since I am new to NKY and live in the 9th Region, to get out and see as much of the basketball as possible. So what are the must see things? Players to watch? Good coaches? Best gyms/atmosphere? Best rivalry games? Traditions? I am open to any suggestions and appreciate the feedback. I love high school hoops and am not picky about size/type of school. Thanks!

Where did you move here from?

As someone said, CCH rivalry games at CCH are a must. One of the few opportunities for a sold out gym in the 9th.

If you like old , crackerbox gyms go to Holy Cross when they play a rival. Get there early. 90% of the fans on here complain about it. I'd take a game there over BOK any day. I'm an atmosphere guy.

NCC has pretty strong student support which makes games there fun.

In Boone County you'll see Cooper with some good crowds against the other Boone teams. Ryle had decent following last year. Coach McFarland will get that going again.

Dayton v Bellevue is a great old school battle. Underrated rivalry.

If you watch Snapp you get the bonus of watching the elder Snapp put on a coaching drama show. Better than going to the Playhouse.

Couldn't agree more with this statement. It is definitely entertaining to see both father coach and son play.

If you watch Snapp you get the bonus of watching the elder Snapp put on a coaching drama show. Better than going to the Playhouse.

Couldn't agree more with this statement. It is definitely entertaining to see both father coach and son play.

SPOT ON!!!

I agree with Clyde, give me a game at Holy Cross against Holmes, CCH or NC and get there early, yea sure it is hot and cramped for seating, all on one side except for season ticket folks, but it is loud and feels like a high school game, don't get me wrong BOK is plush and nice, It just don't seem like a high school game at times, back a few years ago, when Holmes was playing at HC I remember people lining up at 5 pm to get in, there are 4 big high schools in Boone County and the talent is split so much it is just hard to pick who wins the 33rd district, but must see games are for sure NCC vrs CCH and Holmes playing either of those teams, Holmes has a nice large field house to watch a game at, so buy a pop corn and sit back and enjoy.

Where did you move here from?

As someone said, CCH rivalry games at CCH are a must. One of the few opportunities for a sold out gym in the 9th.

If you like old , crackerbox gyms go to Holy Cross when they play a rival. Get there early. 90% of the fans on here complain about it. I'd take a game there over BOK any day. I'm an atmosphere guy.

NCC has pretty strong student support which makes games there fun.

In Boone County you'll see Cooper with some good crowds against the other Boone teams. Ryle had decent following last year. Coach McFarland will get that going again.

Dayton v Bellevue is a great old school battle. Underrated rivalry.

I lived the majority of my life in the Cincinnati area, but lived some in Columbus. There is good basketball in Cincinnati, but I am excited about being in NKY and learning new teams, rivalries, and traditions.

I lived the majority of my life in the Cincinnati area, but lived some in Columbus. There is good basketball in Cincinnati, but I am excited about being in NKY and learning new teams, rivalries, and traditions.

One big difference between KY and Ohio is KY teams can play a lot more games.

Nope. I like Bolden. He's the best player in the area. I'm saying that if you want to see guys that will impress you, these are the two. There are many good players in the area but these are the two that will make you remember them.

I agree with this statement. I'll also add that I think there are players that are better than Snapp but he and Bolden are the two must see players in this region.

All of the must see teams have been mentioned.

This might be an unfair and too subjective question, but within the 9th Region are their big schools that typically underachieve and some small schools that overachieve? For instance, in Cincinnati, you have Oak Hills High School that has 3000 plus kids walking the halls, but when it comes to athletics they are never very good. Which blows me away that you can have that many kids and not be better. The excuse is that the Catholic schools steal their players, but you can't tell me with 3 middle schools, and 3000 students, you can't be more competitive. Is there anything like that in NKY? I know this is a KY website, and I didn't mean to control my post with an Ohio school, but I am just trying to get a feel. I know names of KY schools from living close in Ohio, but really don't know much about the programs and such. Thanks again in advance.

This might be an unfair and too subjective question, but within the 9th Region are their big schools that typically underachieve and some small schools that overachieve? For instance, in Cincinnati, you have Oak Hills High School that has 3000 plus kids walking the halls, but when it comes to athletics they are never very good. Which blows me away that you can have that many kids and not be better. The excuse is that the Catholic schools steal their players, but you can't tell me with 3 middle schools, and 3000 students, you can't be more competitive. Is there anything like that in NKY? I know this is a KY website, and I didn't mean to control my post with an Ohio school, but I am just trying to get a feel. I know names of KY schools from living close in Ohio, but really don't know much about the programs and such. Thanks again in advance.

From what I know of Oak Hills, parents are awful there. It is the epitome of a political game.

... I think there are players that are better than Snapp but he and Bolden are the two must see players in this region.

I'm sorry, but I strongly disagree with this statement. Drew McDonald is way more of a "must see player" than Snapp. And, I know he is not in the 9th region, but Dre Jackson is in NKY and he would be on my list of "must see" players as well.

Ethan is a good shooter (when he is hot) and he will pull up from anywhere on the court, but I doubt he puts up the same kind of numbers on most other teams... A.) because there would be other scoring options and B.) most other coaches would not be as giving with that kind of freedom.