Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Aaron Floyd's Waiver Denied

Featured Replies

My source says the state denied Aaron Floyd's waiver. If so that means he will have to appeal in order to play at CovCath.

  • Replies 281
  • Views 37.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not happy for the kid but am glad KHsaa actually did what was right according to the rules.

 

I hope A Floyd has a great season. Never wished anything negative for him or his family for they are all great people.

I'm not happy for the kid but am glad KHsaa actually did what was right according to the rules.

I agree with this, but this is the same thing that happens every time now. He is denied, but will get a court injunction and play legally. It really doesn't matter what the KHSAA says, just go to court.

My source says the state denied Aaron Floyd's waiver. If so that means he will have to appeal in order to play at CovCath.

 

Interesting.

 

I have heard so many different things on Floyd I don't know who to trust and who to believe.

I agree with this, but this is the same thing that happens every time now. He is denied, but will get a court injunction and play legally. It really doesn't matter what the KHSAA says, just go to court.

 

Just a gut feeling but the Floyd family doesn't strike me as the go to court type. I can see them appealing with the KHSAA but court just doesn't feel right.

Just a gut feeling but the Floyd family doesn't strike me as the go to court type. I can see them appealing with the KHSAA but court just doesn't feel right.

But, we can agree that if they were, he would be ruled eligible, right?

But, we can agree that if they were, he would be ruled eligible, right?

 

Anything is possible in a court of law. However, this one is so blatantly obvious I am thinking a friendly (local) Judge might even rule against them.

Anything is possible in a court of law. However, this one is so blatantly obvious I am thinking a friendly (local) Judge might even rule against them.

Possible so, but a local school's problems were blatantly obvious as well, that friendly local judge ruled in favor of the player/school.

 

I don't see very many player's losing an injection request anymore.

 

But, I'll concede that you know the area better then I.

Possible so, but a local school's problems were blatantly obvious as well, that friendly local judge ruled in favor of the school.

 

I don't see very many player's losing an injection request anymore.

 

But, I'll concede that you know the area better then I.

 

Definitely have to watch those injections... :D

I was told on Thursday that there was a problem with the paper work.

I do not know if this is the end of it or corrected papers had to be re-filed.

So if AF cannot play at CCH, he will still get a great education, right? Or will he go back to Boone? How would his teammates treat him if he came back? This is unfortunate for the young man. Hope it all works out.

I agree with this, but this is the same thing that happens every time now. He is denied, but will get a court injunction and play legally. It really doesn't matter what the KHSAA says, just go to court.

 

In reality should the KHSAA really have the power to stop a kid from playing. If parents decide to move their kids for whatever reason, why should the KHSAA have any say in the matter?

 

I've always hated the transfer rule for that reason. I'm guessing the courts see it the same way.

I was told on Thursday that there was a problem with the paper work.

I do not know if this is the end of it or corrected papers had to be re-filed.

 

My guess is he still ends up at CCH.

In reality should the KHSAA really have the power to stop a kid from playing. If parents decide to move their kids for whatever reason, why should the KHSAA have any say in the matter?

 

I've always hated the transfer rule for that reason. I'm guessing the courts see it the same way.

 

No, they shouldn't.

So the dad is principal? So hes saying his school isn't doing an adequate job of educating so he's transferring his son? If Boone isn't up to standards, isn't that a direct reflection on him as principal? There's no way this transfer is anything but football related. And a bigger question, why transfer to a team that has lost 11 or so straight to Highlands?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.