Aaron Floyd's Waiver Denied

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not happy for the kid but am glad KHsaa actually did what was right according to the rules.

I agree with this, but this is the same thing that happens every time now. He is denied, but will get a court injunction and play legally. It really doesn't matter what the KHSAA says, just go to court.

My source says the state denied Aaron Floyd's waiver. If so that means he will have to appeal in order to play at CovCath.

Interesting.

I have heard so many different things on Floyd I don't know who to trust and who to believe.

I agree with this, but this is the same thing that happens every time now. He is denied, but will get a court injunction and play legally. It really doesn't matter what the KHSAA says, just go to court.

Just a gut feeling but the Floyd family doesn't strike me as the go to court type. I can see them appealing with the KHSAA but court just doesn't feel right.

Just a gut feeling but the Floyd family doesn't strike me as the go to court type. I can see them appealing with the KHSAA but court just doesn't feel right.

But, we can agree that if they were, he would be ruled eligible, right?

But, we can agree that if they were, he would be ruled eligible, right?

Anything is possible in a court of law. However, this one is so blatantly obvious I am thinking a friendly (local) Judge might even rule against them.

Anything is possible in a court of law. However, this one is so blatantly obvious I am thinking a friendly (local) Judge might even rule against them.

Possible so, but a local school's problems were blatantly obvious as well, that friendly local judge ruled in favor of the player/school.

I don't see very many player's losing an injection request anymore.

But, I'll concede that you know the area better then I.

Possible so, but a local school's problems were blatantly obvious as well, that friendly local judge ruled in favor of the school.

I don't see very many player's losing an injection request anymore.

But, I'll concede that you know the area better then I.

Definitely have to watch those injections... :D

In reality should the KHSAA really have the power to stop a kid from playing. If parents decide to move their kids for whatever reason, why should the KHSAA have any say in the matter?

I've always hated the transfer rule for that reason. I'm guessing the courts see it the same way.

In reality should the KHSAA really have the power to stop a kid from playing. If parents decide to move their kids for whatever reason, why should the KHSAA have any say in the matter?

I've always hated the transfer rule for that reason. I'm guessing the courts see it the same way.

No, they shouldn't.

So the dad is principal? So hes saying his school isn't doing an adequate job of educating so he's transferring his son? If Boone isn't up to standards, isn't that a direct reflection on him as principal? There's no way this transfer is anything but football related. And a bigger question, why transfer to a team that has lost 11 or so straight to Highlands?